post your Axe

Is that Mockingbird-thing a good guitar?? I was thinkin' about buying one very recently just because they look so cool, but I don't wanna buy a crappy guitar because of its looks.

According to those who has played on a few guitars says the Mockingbird (and the rest of B.C. Richs lineup) got pretty crappy eletronics. But that apperantly only applies to their cheaper guitars & basses. Can be fixed by putting some other pickups

My opinion is that it's a really sweet guitar. Its body fits mine perfect. The only complaints I got is that the highest frets are hard to play on due to the body shape, my hand is too big... So a Mockingbird with 24 frets would be better. Btw, I bought mine because of the looks

I see a few of us seem to have a thing for Les Pauls. I love those guitars.

I've played on an old Les Paul and it was sooooo sweet. The weight... the feeling... OH YEAH! 8) The price... OH NO! :(

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A guy I know plays in a local band here, and he's about 16. He got his LP from his uncle who had it just sitting in his basement, anyway his uncle played in a band waaaay back in the 60s and the guitar he gave this guy was a 1965 Black Beauty with all the original electronics and paint and everything, untouched basically. And I played it on more than one occasion. I drool everytime I pick it up.

Here's a vid of him playing it.

A guy I know plays in a local band here, and he's about 16. He got his LP from his uncle who had it just sitting in his basement, anyway his uncle played in a band waaaay back in the 60s and the guitar he gave this guy was a 1965 Black Beauty with all the original electronics and paint and everything, untouched basically. And I played it on more than one occasion. I drool everytime I pick it up.

ah the black beauty, a truely fine looking guitar

Good thread!

These are my babys.

One on the left is a semi-acoustic Yamaha.

One on the right is a Les Paul Gibson Standard signed by Matt Sorum and Duff at the Manchester Apollo gig.I was a cats cock hair away from getting slashs sig too but he went back inside:(

One in the middle is monster of all monsters Slash Custom Gibson Les Paul 59.Very expensive and sounds fuckin amazing.Plays like a dream!

guitar0sf.th.jpg

Good thread!

These are my babys.

One on the right is a Les Paul Gibson Standard signed by Matt Sorum and Duff at the Manchester Apollo gig.I was a cats cock hair away from getting slashs sig too but he went back inside:(

One in the middle is monster of all monsters Slash Custom Gibson Les Paul 59.Very expensive and sounds fuckin amazing.Plays like a dream!

guitar0sf.th.jpg

nice guitars B)

Good thread!

These are my babys.

guitar0sf.th.jpg

I'm jealous.

Good thread!

These are my babys.

guitar0sf.th.jpg

omg...so jealous.....

Well I don't own a guitar yet, but I will soon. I just thought that let's give you people an image of it. Here it is:

Viper50_blk.jpg

It's a ESP-LTD Viper 50 BK. It's cheap thats why Im getting it. Don't laugh at me, it isn't the best guitar, but it has got great reviews and it's my first after all.  :unsure:

i played the esp version of that at one of our gigs when a string on my ibanez went. they look pretty good and i was pretty impressed with it, kind of an sg with a bit of punch

Oh, that's cool! Yeah, I'm really lookin' forward to this :)

I like ESP's I have an ESP LTD series M-50. Alot of metal bands use ESP's

• 2 weeks later...

u sure its a '65 black beauty?

Nice video, excellent lead guitar playing.

Gotta' love that solo. rock3rock4