"hello all of you girls and guy. thanks for the x-mas card++ it was fun  

to

receive. and well done!

i'm here in san francisco for a spell and will be through new  

year'spill

over.  

mostly it's been raining and i'll listen only to sad music that's in  

one of

the other languages or from some century that i will not understand.

anything else is too weird for me now. but the wind is hopefully  

pulling me

over the bridge again and again. i'm on treasure island and you gotta  

take

the bridge to get to any other place.

i took in a christmas tree. it's name is pal. he's got a needle problem  

and

pee's on himself. the cats keep kicking his balls off. pal hangs a  

little to

the left. he's 5'6", which makes for a good dance partner. but pal  

laughs at

me when he thinks i'm not looking. i think he's soar 'cause i knocked  

his

lights out last night. and so...., to you i say

keep havin'on fun timings and celebrate you every chance you know.  

love, r

ob  i     n "

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting e-mail.  ;)

He certainly seems to find creative ways to communicate a message to fans.  It's similar to the pics he posted on his site a few weeks back to express the frustration he was feeling.  You just have to read a little deeper.  

Does anyone else see the message in this e-mail?  When he talks about someone who's 5'6" tall with a "needle problem" ? (maybe botox needles?).

I have to say Robin seems like a really interesting -- even intriguing -- guy.  :)

... Hehe.. Yeah ppl are a bit thick u know  ;D

Get some drugs n expand ur minds ppls hahaha  8)

lol. You could be right SM.  ;):D

Robin may be a bit too creative and too deep for some of the people here at this forum. People have to learn to open up their minds and read below the surface. You have to read a bit deeper.

Not everything he says has a deep connection to Axl or GNR. I think you can speculate all you want, there is no harm there, but in my opinion that would be reading way too much into it. This was a "thank you" note to some people who sent him cards, and the christmas tree story shows that he has a really good sense of humour. I especially loved the "he hangs a little to the left" part, heh.

Not everything he says has a deep connection to Axl or GNR. I think you can speculate all you want, there is no harm there, but in my opinion that would be reading way too much into it. This was a "thank you" note to some people who sent him cards, and the christmas tree story shows that he has a really good sense of humour. I especially loved the "he hangs a little to the left" part, heh.

Then I guess you think the pics he posted at his forum a few weeks back were just random pics with no meaning whatsoever huh?  :P

Robin is clearly an intelligent guy. But you're right. We don't know exactly how he meant the note to be interpretted. That's why I was trying to get feedback from people on their opinions. But some, I guess, like yourself, really just thought it was a story about a Christmas tree. That's fine.

I never gave you my opinion about his pics, did I? NO. IMO some pics WERE random, only having a meaning as a piece of art within themselves, as in no secret codes about  what's going on within GNR, BUT the Philly pic IMO was very expressive and had several references to Axl and GNR, there is no denying there.

But this note is pretty straight-forward ,sorry. All the people who received it are actually chuckling over the fact that on GNR boards people are over-reading into this. They take it as it is. Sometimes the answers are just in your face. Robin is a deep guy,that's true, but that does not mean that everything he communicates with the outside world are cryptic messages. It depends on the letter/pic. With this one, I see depth(his ref to the "sad" music and the wind calling him), but I see no hidden messages  that are calling for to be decoded.

As I said I am not making fun of you or wheoever else who try to speculate into this letter, you may do as you wish, as I said there is no harm doing that, it is all in good fun, but in my opinion and in many others' this one is quite an innocent letter that is what it is.

Madison, actually after the Philly collage I can undersatnd how you may think Robin may operate that way, everything he does being cryptic. But knowing a bit more about the guy than the next person, I can tell you that he IS a weird and unusual  guy. His way of expressing ANYTHING, be a christmas story or anything else random really is in a unique way. There is actually a link I can give you to a video message taken from Big Day Out festival in Australia when he was doing the Fragility tour with NIN and he talks about random stuff. And after wtaching that you will see his unusal ways of expressing himself and his choice of topics. He asks Beth Orton for her yoga mat and talks about seeing little beautiful girls with baloons at a car show and drinking leomonade,etc. I can give you the link if you want....He is one weird bird which is why we love him .... :P  So *sometimes* it may seem that he is talking in codes, but it is actually the way he is.

I never gave you my opinion about his pics, did I? NO. IMO some pics WERE random, only having a meaning as a piece of art within themselves, as in no secret codes about  what's going on within GNR, BUT the Philly pic IMO was very expressive and had several references to Axl and GNR, there is no denying there....

Well, it's nice to know you at least - at times - have the ability to read below the surface.

..  Robin is a deep guy,that's true,..

Yes he is. In fact, his intellect is probably much deeper than that of many of his fans.  

... It depends on the letter/pic. With this one, I see depth(his ref to the "sad" music and the wind calling him), but I see no hidden messages  that are calling for to be decoded..

Well, that's your opinion hon. And you're welcome to it. But it doesn't mean it's right.

I'm not trying to question your intelligence or your ability to read below the surface, but Robin has a history of posting interesting thought-provoking  pics and notes.  I've yet to see one that is straight forward. But hey, maybe this was the first one. None of us know for sure unless one of us has talked to him personally about it. I haven't had the opportunity to do this, have you?  So, I thought it would be interesting to hear how other people interpretted the note.  :)

... . There is actually a link I can give you to a video message taken from Big Day Out festival in Australia when he was doing the Fragility tour with NIN and he talks about random stuff. And after wtaching that you will see his unusal ways of expressing himself and his choice of topics. He asks Beth Orton for her yoga mat and talks about seeing little beautiful girls with baloons at a car show and drinking leomonade,etc. I can give you the link if you want....He is one weird bird which is why we love him ....

Yes, I'd really like to see this. Can you send me the link in a pm? Thanx.  

Well, it's nice to know you at least - at times - have the ability to read below the surface.  
No need to be snarky about my "abilty to read below the surface" "hon". I was quite nice to you in my posts while on other boards your speculation would be laughed at.  I never said I was "right", I am using "IMO" left and right as you can see.  And I said already twice that speculation is wellcome and there is no harm there, but there is no need to remark about people's abilities to read between the lines. Actaully why don't you ask the webmaster(robinfinck's ) about the "depth" of these pics? he may give you an answer to quench your curiousity. Reading something into it way too much is something that can be ridiculed at and I restrained msyelf from doing that. I was nice about your speculation so your snarky remark is uncalled for. You asked our opinion, I gave mine, but even before I gave mine you were already calling people "thick" for not speculating into something that in actuality may not need any specualtion. And as I said ALL people who received this e-mail including me can read/see what the hell he is talking about and it ain't no AXL, and that is my opinion.

I KNOW you called people"thick" but she agreed, so it doesn't matter who said "thick" first.  And my point was there is no need for the snarky tone towards people who don't find anything to speculate about with this particular letter. Because that tone can very well be turned towards you VERY easily, and there is no need for insults to come.......yes, at the end of her post she said she doesn't mean to ridicule anybody's intelligence , but that comment was after making the ridicule which was unnecessary. I can be extremely snarky too(people who know me as "whichwitch" from other boards know what I mean) if we are going to play that game, but I don't want to, I don't think there is any need for it. I just gave my opinion and want to leave it at that without receiving comments about my ability to read between the lines or not.

FIRST OFF...I called ppl thick not madison... Get the facts!

Second which bdo was it and can i have the link  :P ;D

I may have been there is all... Twould be interesting!

lol.  And I continue to agree with you SM.  :D ;D

Guess Tilki is just a bit sensitive. She won't give us the link now. Oh well.. each to his own.

I did not comment on your intelligence or your ability on anything, not even with a "could" or a "lol". I used "IMO" to state that it was just my opinion. And I am teling you I was very nice regarding your speculation, go read other boards and see how your idea was laughed at. I clearly said speculation is all wellcome, and that there is no harm doing it. I did not have a snarky tone at all. A snarky tone would be :" I gues some people don't have the ability to use their logic to differentiate what is straight-forward and what it is not", a snarky remark would be :" Go read into it, maybe you can find the release date of CD somewhere in that letter as well", THAT would be snarky.

Are you saying if madison wrote IMO you are a stupid fuk that is ok  ::)

IMO your posts were snarky and u were covering yourself by saying IMO after everything and using "other ppl laughing at you" as a way to say that you also are laughing at us but dont want to get into a fight about it!

IMO!

No, I will give you the link. You gott agive me some time to get it, it's been a while since I last saw it. I need to do a search for it.And no, I was not sensitive about this at all, I remarked on your comment which I thought was unnecessary ; take it or leave it.

I said "people are laughing at your idea" after I read that you call people "thick" for not going "deep" and reading into the letter to show you that YOU also can be considered that way on other boards. If you had not made that remark, I would not mention what the hell people were saying about that speculation of yours.