A Don't Cry recording by me!

Well my friend, who altso is a member of this forum, told me that i should record some Gnr songs and post them here. So if you that it really suck you should send you compalins to Sunset Strip, but i hope that you don't have to!

I made it very fast so there is more that can be done and so on, but it's at least a try :B

Here you go!

Don't Cry

Edited by basketzero

No offence, but the vocals are terrible.

hehe. well everybody have their opinion. Sorry you didn't like it

I like it and half way dont.

I like your vocal tone, but it would have been even better if you explored a bit more in your range.

The strumming pattern is really good.

I recorded that same song in a deep tone. But again I have that sort of tonality vocally when singing.

Good job, keep experimenting and wish you the best in your material.

First of all this was the first song I heard of them before I knew who they were. (Sure I heard Welcome to the Jungle (but never complete), same goes for Sweet Child, November Rain, but Dont Cry is my absolute favorite).

:)

No offence, but the vocals are terrible.

hehe. well everybody have their opinion. Sorry you didn't like it

I like it and half way dont.

I like your vocal tone, but it would have been even better if you explored a bit more in your range.

The strumming pattern is really good.

I recorded that same song in a deep tone. But again I have that sort of tonality vocally when singing.

Good job, keep experimenting and wish you the best in your material.

First of all this was the first song I heard of them before I knew who they were. (Sure I heard Welcome to the Jungle (but never complete), same goes for Sweet Child, November Rain, but Dont Cry is my absolute favorite).

:)

Thanks for your advise. I recorded it in my apartment at around 22.00 so i dind'r really want to experiment to much because these walls aren't the thickest and the people living next to me are not always to pleased with me playing music and stuff like that during the evenings. But sure, i'll try to experiment a bit more and if it turns out to be nice i'll post it again! :P

Just being honest.Probably the reason he carries on singing embarrasing himself is because of nice peaple like you telling him it was good.

Reminds me of pop idol where peaple actually do beleive they can sing yet behind the tv screen we laugh and say how fuckin amazingly awful and untalented they are.

Dude,if it was a friend or your mom whos been saying "oh you have such a lovely voice ect"then they are either lieing or tone deaf too.Sorry.Im not attacking or trying to insult the guy.Well done for trying but you have to realise how bad it is.

I thought it was pretty good. He's certainly a better singer than most of those bloody thrash-metal idiots who litter the music world. And those talentless rappers for that matter. And Duff!

Also remember that singing Rock songs (even relatively soft ones) is always more diffcult than a nice melodic pop song.

Anyway, it's damn brave of you to put it out. Singing doesn't necessarily require an awesome voice. It requires the confidence to actually dare to do so. And an ability to recognise when your extending yourself too far.

Anyway, good work.

Singing doesn't necessarily require an awesome voice. It requires the confidence to actually dare to do so. And an ability to recognise when your extending yourself too far.

Yeah, you don't have to have an awesome voice to sing, but he's kinda tone deaf. I'm not trying to shatter his confidence or anything, but if everybody said ''It's great'' and things like that, he actually would believe it. Then if he went to an audition he would be totally bashed there (kinda like the suckers in ''Idol''), and that's not to much fun, I think it's better for his confidence to hear it here than during an audition.