PHILLY

silverrose721

I've never seen Gn'R in my life.  I'll only be fifteen in thirty days.  And if anyone thought I was from NYC from my original post (some seemed to think that way), I'm not.  

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey listen, first off you guys from NY have no right to say anything about the Philly concert.  You SOB's got to see him the night before....

This is true. But had I not seen them, I'd probably be even more upset with people like you, who thought it was cool to trash the stadium and loot GNR's CDs and equipment. You have effectively ruined it for other GNR fans who held tickets to shows in other venues. Stadium managers are scared and they're pulling the plug on shows because of the selfish actions of a couple hundred brain-dead people.

...  I, and probably others, waited 3 F@#$ing months to see that show....

Three months?  That's a walk in the park. Many of us have been waiting nine years!!!

..  you guys call us animals ...

You got that right.

..   Maybe you guys should worry about yourselves.  It's a shame we were as orderly as we were.  I would have loved to burn that Mother F#$#er to the ground!

It's a shame they let people like you out of the asylum on weekends.

Hey madison, first I didn't loot sh!t.  I got out of there preaty quikly.  And when I said 3 months I meant I bought the tickets 3 months ago.  I have wanted to see them for years.  However, as much as I had nothing to do with the riot, I do not exactly condem the actions of my fellow fans.  The riot did not begin full fledged until the show was canceld.  Peolple felt cheated and angry.  Any how, I am sorry if I gave you the wrong impession about myself.  I was very angry at the time when I read the first post.

Well regardless of the who started what argument.. and the insinuations that people in Philly are animals the sad true fact is that THERE WAS EXTREME disrespect paid by the GNR corporation/outfit for not sending a message sooner. These are fans, would it have killed Axl to have somebody explain everything. have a spokesman come on Stage and say 'UH Mr. AXL ROSE is sick at this time and will be unable to perform tonight...He regrets.... blah blah blah.........

Common courtisy to loyal and new fans...Chill people out rather than have them wait and wait and wait.....Until they blow. Mass hysteria and the "mob mentality" sets in rather quickly when people percieve threat, fear, anger and disappointment... and also victory.

Even now why the dead silence? Why not an offical explaination. Same ol song and dance and frankly I think everyone/many suspected something like this was sure to happen....

I'm sorry for all the fans who again got abused by Axls inability to be professional. His reluctance to include the fans on his bandwagon. THe patience that has been accorded him by those fans..... THis bull$hit of him arriving at the venue 10 minutes before showtime has backfired so many times on him you would think he would learn. You can only cry wolf som many times.....

my 2 cents: MADISON: it is axl's fault. Who the hell does he think he is thinking he can play whenever he wants? Why does the ticket say 7:30? why not put "Guns N' Roses, First Union Center, At Axl's Earliest Convenience Or Not At All. Axl is an asshole. He made some great music but he screws his fans and thats all there is to it.

i like u guys mark n sherlock,

um i dont really think that something might be goin on the the band getting along, they seemed to have great chemistry on stage

ive never seen them b4 either so i was really excited

i know axl should have made a statment or soemthing but like it was already said, u know axl, if ppl r booing hes not gonna go on.. y would he?

n y cant i comment on philly? y does every1 think ny is bad??...  its not like i wasnt there n im commenting on these ppl, i was there n i witnessed everything

n u dont think ive been waiting a long time to c them? u think tickets dropped in to my hands the night of the show??, we waited all day by the computer waiting for them to go on sale... my friends n i were jumpin around in excitment that we got tickets to c our favorite n still favorite band

yea u guys from philly missed one hell of a show

...i got my kfc bucket filled with confetti...

ive been out all day has there been any news of what happened? n i dont wanna hear any f**kin rumors

oo u knwo what else? i sorta got bad feelings b4 the show.. i saw too many ppl sporting slash stuff n the old gnr stuff, some guy dressed as slash who bumped into me yellin at every1 n spilt soda all over the floor, other ppl knockin the new band, if u dont like the new band y'd ya go?

I'm not too sure everything in the band is well...if you haven't already, check out the thread that has the pic that is on Robin's official site... :-/

Agreed. Wise words Mark.

And it's unfortunate that the actions of a couple hundred drunk or whacked-out people make all GNR fans look bad.

Laughing my @ss off, yes no alcohol for a rock concert, you are a p@ssy.  Just another happey guns N posers fan.

I dont care who's fault it is anymore... I mean we can sit here arguing who's fault it is, but its the end...

This is over now...

Thats the real issue...

How sweet it is!!!!  I am so happy this poser band is over.  Maybe the greatness of the real band will have a chance at living on in everyone's memory.

Yes, we are such p-ssies just because we think it would be better if they didn't have alcohol available at shows  ::)

I am dead serious about this, if you are against alcohol sales you have no idea what rock and roll is about.  Further our country was founded on alcohol.  Go back to your Back Street Boys concerts please.

I am dead serious about this, if you are against alcohol sales you have no idea what rock and roll is about.  Further our country was founded on alcohol.  Go back to your Back Street Boys concerts please.

omg .. you sound like one of those high school kids whose highlight of the week is taking Dad's car out for the evening and forcing down as much alcohol as possible so that you can feel totally wasted.  ::)

You're a poster child for the kind of people who shouldn't drink at concerts. If you were in Philly, you no doubt would have been one of those thoughtless brain-dead people who were trashing the stadium. How sad.

Ok it is completely amazing to me how crappy all of you supposed GNR fans are. You guys pay however much money to go to the concert because supposedly you are big fans of Axl and are excited to see how the new band plays together. Then after you decide that it has been too long and they should be performing, you decide to start tearing up the arena and chanting "a$$hole!" and you actually expect him to come out and perform? It literally blows my mind that you people think whatever you did at the Philly show was right. I went to the concert in Cleveland and GNR was amazing. Axl sounded great and the band had awesome chemistry. It was well worth the wait after Mix Master Mike was on. And unlike you PHILLY ANIMALS, we can actually "have a little patience yeaaah" and wait for things that are worthwhile. Way to ruin it guys! Good luck having GNR ever come back to play in philly after treating them like that. I don't know why they didn't perform but you guys deserved to miss out on the awesome show...keep it up! Pathetic.

F-cking Philly should burn in hell...I was there and my two friends and myself were pretty much the only ones (as far I could tell) that were telling people to shut the f-ck up.

Ok it is completely amazing to me how crappy all of you supposed GNR fans are. You guys pay however much money to go to the concert because supposedly you are big fans of Axl and are excited to see how the new band plays together. Then after you decide that it has been too long and they should be performing, you decide to start tearing up the arena and chanting "a$$hole!" and you actually expect him to come out and perform? It literally blows my mind that you people think whatever you did at the Philly show was right. I went to the concert in Cleveland and GNR was amazing. Axl sounded great and the band had awesome chemistry. It was well worth the wait after Mix Master Mike was on. And unlike you PHILLY ANIMALS, we can actually "have a little patience yeaaah" and wait for things that are worthwhile. Way to ruin it guys! Good luck having GNR ever come back to play in philly after treating them like that. I don't know why they didn't perform but you guys deserved to miss out on the awesome show...keep it up! Pathetic.

Well said Nublood4me.  And welcome to the forum.  :)

ahh well.. Im sorry to disagree, but my6 poiuntsa are purely based on circumstances..

The whole philly incident and vancouver etc may have individuals at faulkt etc, but the bottom line is, that for no other band in this day and age, is there this sort of hassle..,..

I like what you are saying GNRLies.  As I said before i had nothing to do with the riot.  It was definitley mob mentality.  They kept pullling people into it, let say by dropping a soda on another guys head.  And I am still holding by the fact that peolpe wo saw the band should not comment on people who didn't.  As I remember it, the riot did not start until 11:15.  At least that is full fledged.  If they did come on that would have been a half an hout later than the latest proformance prior to that.(I am not sure about that).  Philly fans are tough, most of us know that.  But we are not all animals and I am getting reel sick of the F-ck Philly saying.  Most of the people in Philly were not there(obviously).  Lastly I would like to make one thing clear, we don't hate NY, we just resent the comments.  

ahh well.. Im sorry to disagree, but my6 poiuntsa are purely based on circumstances..

The whole philly incident and vancouver etc may have individuals at faulkt etc, but the bottom line is, that for no other band in this day and age, is there this sort of hassle..,..

it's because most bands suck today and no one cares if they cancel.  People have waited 10 years to see Axl, and actually a good band live...  So they are more fiesty... that still gives those animals NO right to riot.  If you riot because a band doesn't go on, you are pure trash.