R.H.C.P Vs Green Day

GnRmaniac

Which Band Do You Like Better?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think TV ad Radio killed Greendays new stuff.....

But Red Hot Chili Peppers aren't much of a live act, and all their early stuff is complete bullshit.

I would have to say they're both kinda dodgey

RHCP are the best live band ive seen. They are the best live act in the world!

Everything from mothers milk on i love. John Frusciante is a fucking legend, anthony kiedis is a great frontman, flea is the most original bass player, and chad is a fucking champion !!!! RHCP all the way... Listen to live in hyde park, see how much better they sound live...

Edited by slashs_servant

Jesus friggin christ, this is balanced isnt it? like, how many years do RHCP have on green day, like seriously? add to that, they are totally different bands for totally different tastes, true, musically RHCP expand more horizons but live Kiedis blows, i lose count of the bum notes he makes. And are we seriously gonna compare Frusciante with BJ Armstrong?! i mean, c'mon?! Frusciante is an extraordinary guitarist but there's a lot of wankery in there too and sometimes its a little hard to bear for the er, rather large percentage of us who haven't been through drug hell like he has, indulgent is the word im looking for here i think. I also think Green day put on a better show, ok so finishing with we are the champions and time of your life might be an easy crowd pleaser but it sure beats listening to 15 minutes of feedback or an impromptu jam session, no matter how good the players are.

As i said, its a tad unabalanced, this. Why dont we just compare The Sex Pistols with Simple Plan and be done with it.

I wrote which band do you like better, not compare and contrast the two bands!

And what i was trying to say was they're uncomparable, dude.

So, i'll say Green day.

Jesus friggin christ, this is balanced isnt it? like, how many years do RHCP have on green day, like seriously? add to that, they are totally different bands for totally different tastes, true, musically RHCP expand more horizons but live Kiedis blows, i lose count of the bum notes he makes. And are we seriously gonna compare Frusciante with BJ Armstrong?! i mean, c'mon?! Frusciante is an extraordinary guitarist but there's a lot of wankery in there too and sometimes its a little hard to bear for the er, rather large percentage of us who haven't been through drug hell like he has, indulgent is the word im looking for here i think. I also think Green day put on a better show, ok so finishing with we are the champions and time of your life might be an easy crowd pleaser but it sure beats listening to 15 minutes of feedback or an impromptu jam session, no matter how good the players are.

As i said, its a tad unabalanced, this. Why dont we just compare The Sex Pistols with Simple Plan and be done with it.

Rhcp jams are great, they play stuff from Fugazi, Led Zep, the clash, joy division, I like to see something spontanious at a gig not just the songs that please the crowd that both bands play. I like Rhcp the best because no one album sounds the same and as members changed and rejoined their sound expanded. Green day are great songwriters and live performers, but they have a limited musical repitoire, that is not something you could say about RHCP who have played anything from punk to techno in subtle ways.

RHCP beats Green day in all fields imo

Rhcp jams are great, they play stuff from Fugazi, Led Zep, the clash, joy division, I like to see something spontanious at a gig not just the songs that please the crowd that both bands play. I like Rhcp the best because no one album sounds the same and as members changed and rejoined their sound expanded. Green day are great songwriters and live performers, but they have a limited musical repitoire, that is not something you could say about RHCP who have played anything from punk to techno in subtle ways.

RHCP beats Green day in all fields imo

I hear ya dude but i personally find the jams kinda boring and the crowd seem to, ah well, depends on the show and the venue, i guess.