Vocal problems

im starting a band were new inexperienced an at the mo were piss poor,cant even get a jam goin at the mo,but any way,How do you look after your voice? i suffer from bad throats alot,and can do one night of screaming n shouting lyrics,but next day its fucked! is this normal? thnx

yer, you're obviously putting a strain on your voice. wot you gotta try do is minimize the pressure put on your vocal folds. i did a full night of "screamin" last night and my throat is fucked. but just drink lots of water and make sure you warm up. ive recently started singin lessons an id advise them 2 anyone. even if you do the 1st lesson...just learn to warm up and down and drink plenty of fluids. alternativly check this site out and ask him a question. you'll find other people asking about screaming on the FAQ section

http://www.stagepass.com/faqvocal.html

Yea dude that happens to me alot.I don't know what to say really,but when i sing,I keep water near by and drink some.That helps keep my voice fine,then the next day i can actually talk,because after a hard night singing i cant talk in the morning.SO water should help,it does me.

looks like dude there beat me to it about the water.:)

Edited by zeppelinrocksnexttognr

These guys pretty much hit the nail on the head. Plenty of water, also warm up before going on stage. Sleep plenty (rest is important on a singers voice).

Get comfortable with your range. Don't attempt shit you know you're not comfortable doing. Get decent control over your voice and you'll be fine.