PHILLY CANCELLED!!!!

Carne_asaDA

Get off the rumor mill..   It's stuck in traffic, it's my flight is grounded, it's the promoter did it.  Why do other bands not use the same bullshit.   Guns is not known for riots and cancellations for no reason.  come back to reality...

Thanks...just glad I'm f-cking out of that s-ithole of a city...anyway...

You say rumors...need I say more...

I just heard from someone in the front row that the band was on their way out to play and when the stage was seen was chairs and everything else on it, they got p-ssed, probably felt they weren't going to be safe playing in front of such psychos and left.  

And if any of you people on this board went to the show and f-cking stole s-it or anything like that...man, that's petty...you should all rot in hell...it's a concert for f-ck's sake...

from GNRX

Well, I just drove back to DC from that great Philly show....boy was it worthwhile.

According to WMMR, a major rock station up in Philly, the official statement was something along the lines of "The concert was postponed due to an illness".  I heard them say that around midnight as I was driving back.  No explanation as to who was sick, what they were sick with, or why the fuck they didn't decide to tell us the show was cancelled until well after 11.  

The DJ said that there will be no more word about the why's, what's, and who's tonight, but that we should get more information tomorrow regarding what to do with tickets and why this all went down the way it did.

I'm really disappointed.

Well, I have to agree with Mr. Sparkle on this one. Don't make quick judgments until we've seen an official statement.

Perhaps Axl was in accident .. or maybe one of the band member's significant other was suddenly rushed to the hospital. You never know. So let's wait and see.

And if turns out to be Axl just being Axl, then knock yourselves out -- I might even join you in dissing him.  

Well, I have to agree with Mr. Sparkle on this one. Don't make quick judgments until we've seen an official statement.

Perhaps Axl was in accident .. or maybe one of the band member's significant other was suddenly rushed to the hospital. You never know. So let's wait and see.

Yeah but if this was the case, don't you think that everyone would know about this.

Man I really felt like killing this dude who came on to GnRx and said that Axl was killed in a 3 car accident on the way to the FU.

And if turns out to be Axl just being Axl, then knock yourselves out -- I might even join you in dissing him.

:o I'd pay to see that!!! ;)

Man I really felt like killing this dude who came on to GnRx and said that Axl was killed in a 3 car accident on the way to the FU.

Which @sscrack was this, Da?

I don't remember his name because the mods removed that thread. And I hope they banned his @ss too.  But he said his sources was Rueters. But it did not have nothing about that. But that thread did scare the shit out of alot of people. I will admit, that is the first time someone behind a monitor has gotten under my skin.  >:(

please i saw axl in ny, if u guys hate him now, ur not as big a fan n some, who have followed him through the tour by reading reviews by fans n ppl who have met him, axl has become the nicest guy ud ever wanna meet, if he didnt show up he had a good excuse, the other cancellation was bc his plane couldnt take off!, i went to the philly show too, i drove 2 hours to c f**in animals tear the area apart!  n mayb u dont know that they had to cancel alot of euro tours bc buckethead had internal bleeding goin on...

but the show last night was awesome i doubt theyd cancel the tour unless the internal bleeding thing started again, i doubt he couldnt make it here from ny cause i came from nyc n i had no problem gettin there n hey! if 1 was sick mayb he was tryin his best thinkin hed b able to play but then decided itd b better not to risk it... ever think about that?

oo, yea mark1322!, yea sammy!! i like u guys

im so glad i live in ny...

The point still being that each of us who used energy and money after a workday to enjoy something that all of us looked forward to and it is just carelessly discarded in the MANNER that it was done.  I am sure someone knew early on that this was a no show gig.  I heard from three higher ups that he never left NY.  I wondered why he would schedule 2 concerts of the sell out type 2 nites in a row.  I just feel cheated, disappointed, angry, and sad that I probably will never see them now as I never want to put myself through this again.  I will say that parts of the crowd were scary in their constant negativity and entitlement to act anyway they pleased.  It was not a very good feel to the crowd.  There were others that were wonderful.  I felt sad in seeing alot of enthusiastic faces and comments like, "I have waited all my life to see them live."  It is like disappointing a kid on Christmas morning.  I still feel horrible today after a not too good nite's sleep.  Now what?  How do we get our money back.  If anyone knows, please respond.

From KNAC.com

http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=1591

"Axl Is A No Show in Philly

Rose Is A Thorn  In Philly's Ass

Here we go again! Axl was a no show for the bands performance tonight at the First Union Center in Philadelphia.

The show was canceled an hour and a half after Guns n Roses was scheduled to go on.

From The Philadelphia Inquirer:

For the second time since they began their North American tour a month ago, Guns N' Roses angered fans by failing to show for their performance - this time it was in South Philly.

Once it became clear last night that the rock band was not going to show for its scheduled gig at the First Union Center, fans began yelling and cursing, throwing bottles, chairs and ceiling tiles, and overturning trash cans and equipment. Several fights broke out, and paramedics reported transporting five people to area hospitals.

"Thankfully, I was in a club box," said Christina Wolf, 26, of Center City. "It was shielded... so I wasn't getting hit by any of the flying objects."

The sold-out concert, which was supposed to be a comeback for the reconstituted 1980s rock band, began at its scheduled time with a performances by local rock band Cky and DJ Mixmaster Mike. But after the DJ's unusually long set ended about 9:30, the stage went dark.

"By 11, there was nothing. No one had taken the stage," Wolf said. "It became obvious to the crowd that they weren't going to come on stage.

"Then there was a public announcement made that the band wasn't going to come on, and a reminder that it wasn't the First Union Center's staff's fault," Wolf said.

The announcement referred to "health issues" but did not elaborate. That elicited a chant from some in the audience of "Axl sucks!" - a reference to the notoriously erratic Guns N' Roses front man who failed to show at the tour's opening concert in Vancouver on Nov. 7.

"People had been booing," Wolf said, "but once the announcement happened, people actually started ripping the seats off the chairs and throwing beers."

Police reported no arrests, and fire officials were standing by for what they called a "minor civil disturbance."

A spokesman for the First Union Center said police and event staff "had no problem clearing the building. Everyone cleared the building really quickly."

Some of the fans, however, took out their frustrations in the parking lot. One concertgoer reported that someone had thrown a trash can through the windshield of his 1998 Toyota Camry, which had been in the H Lot.

Neither the promoter of the concert, Clear Channel Entertainment, nor the band explained what had happened.

On Nov. 7 in Vancouver, police used pepper spray to disperse thousands of irate fans rampaging outside after a Guns N' Roses concert was canceled because lead singer Axl Rose failed to appear. "

---- end quote----

Other Links that also discuss cancelled show:

http://www.itv.com/news/Entertainment1179876.html

http://www.nbc10.com/news/1825886/detail.html

(some pictures also)

http://www.austin360.com/aas/life/ap/ap_st...oncert-Fra.html

http://www.newschannel2000.com/news/182589...897/detail.html  (same article as second link)

http://www.rockrage.com/headlines/news_arc...ses_120702.html