Megadeth Vs Metallica

GnRmaniac

Which Band Do You Like Better?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think he means lyrics

Dave didn't write any lyrics for Metallica, he contributed music.

Damn dude, you know shit about these bands don't you.

First off Metallica and Megadeth have ALREADY toured together in '93, second of all

From the Ride The Lightning Album : -

Ride The Lightning (6:36)

(Hetfield, Ulrich, Burton, Mustaine)

The Call of Ktulu (8:52)

(Hetfield, Ulrich, Burton , Mustaine)

From the Kill 'Em All Album:-

The Four Horsemen

( J. Hetfield, L. Ulrich, D. Mustaine)

Jump In The Fire

(J. Hetfield, L. Ulrich, D. Mustaine)

Phantom Lord

(J. Hetfield, L.Ulrich, D. Mustaine)

Metal Miltia

(J.Hetfield, L. Ulrich, D. Mustaine)

Yes it appears Dave didn't contribute any lyrics. :rolleyes:

Yea Lemiere you know nothing about either of these bands.

I think he means lyrics

First off Metallica and Megadeth have ALREADY toured together in '93, second of all

The Four Horsemen

Jump In The Fire

Phantom Lord

Metal Miltia

And wasn't some of the riffs from Ride The Lightning - Call Of Ktulu(I think) also used on Master Of Puppets - Leper Massiah

I think he means lyrics

The Four Horsemen

Jump In The Fire

Phantom Lord

Metal Miltia

Um, actually, Mustaine never wrote any of the lyrics for any Metallica songs. Yes, his riffs were used, but never his lyrics. Up until St. Anger, lyrics had been done by only Hetfield.

I think he means lyrics

The Four Horsemen

Jump In The Fire

Phantom Lord

Metal Miltia

And wasn't some of the riffs from Ride The Lightning - Call Of Ktulu(I think) also used on Master Of Puppets - Leper Massiah

Mustaine said that he wrote the main riff to Leper Messiah but he hasnn't got the credit for it

No Dave wrote lyrics.

If that's the case about Dave getting credited for the riffs why isn't Cliff credited for the bass part?

Dave has even said he wrote The Four Horseman and The Mechanix back in the days with Metallica, and he didn't get a credit for one of the songs on Kill Em All, so he ripped off a The Four Horsemen riff, sped it up and made it Mechanix, a different song from The Mechanix.

it has happened

Metallica and Megadeth played a few concerts together in Europe in 1993.

I meant currently. Dave hates Metallica with unbridled passion.

but remember this :After the death of Dimebag Darrell, Mustaine stated in Megadeth's official site that he would like to end his feuds and "become more like Dimebag."

No Dave wrote lyrics.

If that's the case about Dave getting credited for the riffs why isn't Cliff credited for the bass part?

Dave has even said he wrote The Four Horseman and The Mechanix back in the days with Metallica, and he didn't get a credit for one of the songs on Kill Em All, so he ripped off a The Four Horsemen riff, sped it up and made it Mechanix, a different song from The Mechanix.

Cliff didn't get credited for the bass line because bass is only filler. The main riffs for the songs where written by the people to whom credit was given. Then the bass line is added.

I don't think Mustaine wrote anything that unded up on Master of Puppets, no matter what he claims. He was on neither KEA nor RTL, but was given writing credits. If he had written material that ended up on MOP, I believe he would have been given credit for it.

And as far as Mustaine ending the feuds after the death of Dimebag... That's a bunch of shit. Dave Mustaine is the only one with a problem. Metallica have nothing against him, neither does Slayer. If Dave wants the feuds to end, he has to take care of that himself. Like I said before, Dave Mustaine is a great talent, and someone that I have great respect for, but he really needs to shut the fuck up.

As far as Mustaine ending the feuds after the death of Dimebag... That's a bunch of shit.

Quite. Why should the death of an artist Mustaine wasn't particularly close to change his perspective?

That's not exactly the point I was trying to make. Yeah, one of his peers dies, so Dave wants to change his ways. But he's doing it for personal reasons. Not just because "Hey, I'm a grown-ass man, I need to end this childish bullshit." He's doing it so that if the same thing happens to him, he can go with a clear conscience.

The point I was trying to make is that after the comments Dave made when Dimebad died, he still went around talking shit. He wants to end the feuds, but still goes around talking shit about Metallica.

I didn't say Dave was on KEA or RTL I said he wrote lyrics which he has stated, I apologize if I got this wrong but I'm going by just what Dave himself has said.

And Santana, Cliff Burton has gotten a songwriting credit on some of the songs, and if it's true about Hetfield being the only lyricist of their career up to St. Anger how do you explain that?

Also, without trying to sway off topic here, Estranged is credited as "Rose". Axl wrote the lyrics, but he sure as hell didn't write the music for it.

OK. I'm gonna give you guys a breakdown on Metallica's songwriting process.

This is true for roughly 90% of their work, up until St. Anger.

1- Hetfield writes a riff.

2- Hetfield brings said riff to Lars. Lars and Hetfield arrange the riff into a song.

3. The unfinished songs are then given to Mustaine/Hammett, Burton/Newsted. The lead guitar parts and bass parts are added.

4- Hetfield writes the lyrics.

5- Hetfield records the vocals.

6- Metallica rules the world.

Now, on occasion, some of the riffs from other members would be used in the creation of a song. When they were used, credit was given. Such as the bass solo for Orion. The entire song was written around that solo, therefore, Burton was given writing credits.

On songs like Motorbreath, Hetfield was the sole writer. He wrote and arranged the song, gave it to the others and they added their parts. They didn't write any of the song, they just added parts to it.

So technically, the other members didn't write the songs, they just added parts to pre-existing songs.