Revolutionary bands / artists

username

Which band was the most revolutionary?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Out of these amazing artists, who do you think was the most revolutionary? This is NOT about which one you like best. It's about who, historicaly speaking, brought the most revolution to music in general. Who showed us amazing things that we had never heard and seen before. Who helped shape music as it is today.

Sorry if I forgot any revolutionaries. It's a bit late ;)

I'm thinking post 1960, but pre 1980 here.

Edited by username

Beatles. Not because they're my favourites, but out of nowhere these 4 guys come and break every record in music history. And they made what we now call psychedelic music.

However, Chuck Berry influenced most of my favourite artists, so if he was there...

I was about to complain about Michael Jackson (and Elvis Presley!) not being there until I realized the question said which band. The title still says "bands / artists" however...

By the way, I voted for The Beatles, though I was tempted to vote for Led Zeppelin.

edit:

I'm thinking post 1960, but pre 1980 here.

whoooooooops. -___-

Edited by Nutcrazical

BLACK SABBATH! rock3  the definers of heavy metal

Word.

One thing that I never understood is how Zeppelin gets all the credit for being the first heavy band. Don't get me wrong, I fucking love Zeppelin, but Sabbath was a 1000 times better. They were darker, heavier, and they did it first! :devil: rock3 :devil:

Edited by santana

BLACK SABBATH! rock3  the definers of heavy metal

Word.

One thing that I never understood is how Zeppelin gets all the credit for being the first heavy band. Don't get me wrong, I fucking love Zeppelin, but Sabbath was a 1000 times better. They were darker, heavier, and they did it first! :devil: rock3 :devil:

I definitely agree with you there. I just don't think that Sabbath as huge as Zeppelin did.