Engineering a Reunion

little_witch

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but it would obviously have to involve a great deal of bowing, scraping and groveling on Slash's part, and then maybe, just maybe, Axl would consider it.  You think?  :D

In reality, I think the new band would have to fail big-time before Axl would even give it a thought.

Well just for the sake of argument let's say his ego did contribute to the breakup. (I'm not ready to concede that point but let's not argue it yet.)  He had that ego when it began and he's right.  When the average person hears the name Guns n Roses they think Axl. Heart soul and attitude. So Axl has nothing to apologise for.  

I don't think that Slash would seek Axl out and beg for forgivness. I would be willing to bet that if the new band fails big time, Axl would call on Slash. I think most of us have agreed that Axl is the heart and soul of Guns n Roses, and it is my personal belief that he won't let it go without a fight. Meaning that Axl would talk to Slash before putting Guns behind him forever. I am not saying that Axl would apologize-Hell would freeze over before that would happen I think. And Axl probably knows that all he would have to do to get a reunion together is get to Slash and the others would follow. I have read some of his interviews lately and it seems to me that he would be more than willing to be part of Guns again-well maybe only the original line up. So the question is whether or not the new band will make it. If not, there's still hope for a reunion. I know that many people here are certain they will be a hit, and I am not saying they won't. I am just happy there is a Guns n Roses at all!

PS-I also don't think that Slash should apologize either. It was a matter of musical differences. Each thought the band should have a different sound. Maybe if there were some kind of compromise....

I believe Axl, Slash and Duff should find a compromise for their "ego" (Axl is the first!), sit around a table and talk about GNR's future!

I don't think their broke up was only Slash's fault, probably Axl's temperament worsened the situation...

Well, probably for Famous people is different but for us, poor humans, compromising is one of the keys of success!! Don't you think a little bit of "savoir faire" l(ike French people say) could be very useful to avoid nasty situation?

Well Axl took the attitude 'My Way or the Highway', and I really wouldn't call that team effort, which is what they needed most of all. He is a brilliant musician, nobody is debating that,  but does that give him the right to walk over people? I am sure Slash and the others played their part as well, and if there ever were a reunion, nobody should have to apologize, just figure out a way to play together.

Axl was the heart soul attitude and brains of Guns.  "My way or the highway" makes perfect sense to me.  All these people took the highway and look where that got them.  Everyone else was too zoned to see Axl taking control and now they're whining about it.  They should be grateful that he took control.  The royalties they're still collecting are floating their little side projects.  The royalties and their endless appearances on VH1.

it got them happy. When slash was on the Radio 1 rock show he said that he's happier now playing music with snakepit to smaller clubs, than he ever was touring with GN'R.

Slash likes playing smaller clubs better? Oh really? Is that why Slash played with Michael Jackson at Madison Square Garden for a 'small crowd' of about 60,000 or 70,000 people? And for someone who wants to keep a low profile playing smaller clubs, Slash sure aggressively promotes himself - He seems to jump in front of a camera any chance he gets. (It's hard to turn on VH1 without seeing Slash offering up his views). And who does he have to thank for this privilege? No, not Snakepit. ... That's right, Axl.

And you say he's ''happier now"?  Oh really? Is that why he showed up in Vegas for Axl's gig and whined endlessly to the press afterwards when Axl wouldn't let him in to disrupt the show?  Sounds to me like he's not so happy on his own and wants to re-form GNR with Axl. (Afterall, he did say he would have been willing to jam on stage with Axl if Axl had let him). But grandstanding outside Axl's Vegas gig doesn't sound like the best way to mend fences with Axl, ya think?

People talk about Axl's ego -- but I think Slash has a healthy one too.  I think all parties have to check their egos at the door if they ever hope to get back together.

C'mon now Madison.  Slash doesn't have an ego!  He's just a poor simple guitar genius who wants to hide under his top hat and behind his hair that's been abused and mistreated by big bad Axl.   As a matter of fact I bet Axl was responsible for the whole Vegas incident.  Maybe he used his mind control device or something.  But it had to be him cause Slash would never be anything but kind and understanding of Axl regardless of how mean that nasty Axl has been to him.

You guys are right about Slash accepting Guns royalities. Whenever he is on TV, he is almost always referred to the 'ex guitar player for GNR.' I have seen his face on more TV shows, and magazine covers lately than in all the years combined proabably. He was even on the cover of some reptile mag. not long ago.

C'mon now Madison.  Slash doesn't have an ego!  He's just a poor simple guitar genius who wants to hide under his top hat and behind his hair that's been abused and mistreated by big bad Axl.

Are you sure?? I don't think Slash (or Duff) is so reckless.

Probably he's got an huge ego as Axl has....

Nah!  No one's ego is as big as Axl's!  Just ask all the Slash freaks  -  they'll be happy to tell you.  Axl is an egomaniac who is single handedly responsible for the break up and break down of GNR,  the Kennedy assassination,  global warming,  and he's now working on a diabolical plot that involves subliminal messages and  KFC's domination of the fast food business and then the world.  Only Slash stands between us and complete annihilation.  Big job for such a down to earth regular guy.  Hope he can stay sober long enough to pull it off.  

I agree completely, Little Witch...I liked the thing about asking Slash fans about Axl's ego and everything...that was good...

At least one other person sees it the same way I do

Mark!  So glad you're back!!!  But let me get this straight.  Are you and Madison saying that Slash isn't going to save us from Axl the evil genius?   This sucks cause I don't think Capt America will.  I heard he's been torn apart.  Bet Axl's at home right now twirling his moustache and fantasizing about tying virgins to the railroad tracks. Now what the h*ll are we gonna do?

Slash likes playing smaller clubs better? Oh really? Is that why Slash played with Michael Jackson at Madison Square Garden for a 'small crowd' of about 60,000 or 70,000 people?

And you say he's ''happier now"?  Oh really? Is that why he showed up in Vegas for Axl's gig and whined endlessly to the press afterwards when Axl wouldn't let him in to disrupt the show?

you can shove that sarcasm, i am quoting slash here, not giving my opinion. im telling you what slash himself said.