Black Metal

-Sephiroth-

Okay, after reading in the death metal post, I figured we need a black metal post too since the death metal post kinda shot off in that direction or something

So what BM bands do you guys like? Here are some of my favorites:

Immortal

Ancient

Dimmu Borgir

Hades Almighty

Mayhem

Gorgoroth

Satyricon

Ancient was the first black metal band I had ever heard. I was listening to this popular underground radio station in Yonkers, NY late one night and I heard this sound... I was like "what the fuck is this?" And yeah, it was this band "Ancient" singing some song called "The Curse."

I saw Dimmu Borgir in late 03 (or was it early 04?) when they toured with CoB. I thought it was awesome, like, stagewise. They put on a pretty good show, I thought.

Oh yeah- did you happen to see the Gorgoroth feature on vh1s 100 most metal moments? Do you know the name of the song they were playing when they first started the clips on them? I want to find out what that was.

I'm definately not a bm con-o-saur (what the hell is that word) but I'm familiar with it and like stuff more in the vein of Ancient, Dimmu and Cradle. Emperor is ok I guess but I l like the sort of variety that the other bands have.

I did not see that vh1 thing, so I don't know which gorgoroth song you mean.

Speaking of ancient, the first video I remember from them was a great song called lilliths embrace. In the video the bass player has the same mask as buckethead.

Immortal, ancient, gorgoroth, enslaved and hades almighty are all from my hometown by the way :)

Gorgoroth

These dipshits are probably among the most pathetic musicians I've ever heard of. The shit these morons do at live shows has NOTHING to do with music or art. It's just pathetic gross bullcrap by a bunch of emotionaly fucked up retards. Check their website to see what I mean. Bullshit satanist crap with dead animals and blood. These fuck-ups should be forbidden. Mommy and daddy probably didn't give them much attention when they were young... EVERYTHING about these idiots is just plain wrong and pathetic.

The other bands you names...the ones I know are all total crap.

jmo.

Opinion noticed :rolleyes:

Mayhem, Children of Bodom, and Immortal are pretty good. Black Metal is extremely overrated though. To me its not nearly as good as Death Metal. Dimmu Borgir is overrated poser black metal, along with Cradle of Filth. I like some CoF but I don't like Dimmu Borgir at all.

Dimmu Borgir is great, Vortex has the best cleanvoice in the entire bm genre

Okay, after reading in the death metal post, I figured we need a black metal post too since the death metal post kinda shot off in that direction or something

Immortal

Ancient

Dimmu Borgir

Hades Almighty

Mayhem

Gorgoroth

Satyricon

Im whit u ther fellow Norwegian.

Have u heard of a band called GRAVEWORM, their last album is a fucking killer.

Immortal

Satyricon

Dimmu Borgir

Disiplin

Mayhem¨

Dark Funeral

Nattefrost

Immortal

Ancient

Dimmu Borgir

Hades Almighty

Mayhem

Gorgoroth

Satyricon

Im whit u ther fellow Norwegian.

Have u heard of a band called GRAVEWORM, their last album is a fucking killer.

Immortal

Satyricon

Dimmu Borgir

Disiplin

Mayhem¨

Dark Funeral

Nattefrost

have heard OF em but I don't know if I have heard em

Burzum,emperor,mayhem & others I can't think of right now.

I've always loved "panzerfaust" by dark throne and I've read Vikernes wrote most of the music on that one so it makes sense.

"Aske" are fucking genius!

Also "vhis lyset tar oss"(spelling?)

"The lake" by Bathory is another favourite.

The whole album is awesome,can't remember the name right now cause I'm

drunk heh!

Marduk's first two albums.

And Satyricon.

:devil:

Edited by Raas