Oasis - Definitely Maybe

The Meaning of Soul

Rock N Roll Star 9/10 - Noel Gallagher says everything that needs to be said.

Shakermaker 7/10 - Psychedelic madness

Live Forever 10/10 - one of the best songs ever written, simplicity turned into genius,

Up In The Sky 7/10 - great little pop song with a great melody

Columbia 10/10 - full of attitude one of the best rock n roll melodies of all time

Supersonic - 9/10 - Liams "i dont give a fuck about anything" voice is great, great live

Bring It on Down 8/10 - Punk Masterpeice again full of atittude "ill be scraping your life from the soul of my shoe tonight"

Cigarrettes & Alcohol 9/10 - everything oasis are about "you might aswell do the white line"

Digsys Diner 7/10 - out of place pop gem

Slide Away 10/10 - The epic track on the album, takes you to places, amazing vocals.

Married With Children 8/10 - lovely acoustic track to end a perfect album, a sign of things to come.

I have to admit it is one of my all time fav albums.I can't find fault with any of the songs.I love them all.

Live Forever,Bring It On Down,Slide Away such great memories attached to those song,the whole album infact.

Shame they have never come close to matching that album imo.Must be hard to release such a great debut album,try to follow that up time and time again.Hell what I am talking about the Gallagher brothers probably don't give a rats arse.

Rock N Roll Star 9/10 -

Shakermaker 6/10 -

Live Forever 10/10 - one

Up In The Sky 6/10 -

Columbia 9/10 -

Supersonic - 9/10 -

Bring It on Down 7/10 -

Cigarrettes & Alcohol 9/10 -

Digsys Diner 8/10 -

Slide Away 8/10 -

Married With Children 9/10 -

Edited by HeadBanger

on the whole, love the album, cant be bothered to rate each song..

what do people think of their latest single? i wasnt very impressed but then again ive only heard it once and i think the video annoyed me, so that may have tainted it...

Lyla? its in your face rock n roll.. a real stomper, its what a single should be.

on the whole, love the album, cant be bothered to rate each song..

what do people think of their latest single? i wasnt very impressed but then again ive only heard it once and i think the video annoyed me, so that may have tainted it...

Lyla? its in your face rock n roll.. a real stomper, its what a single should be.

personally.. when i heard it i didnt feel... like it was that great.. will listen again though, ..

i'm a massive oasis fan and their my fave band. but lyla is a pretty poor song, it just doesn't go nowhere for me, sounds the same as when i first heard it,plus the guitar lines just sound too similar to what oasis did before, i think they tried to go back to the 90's but their a much better band now so i hope they realise their mistake with lyla, so i was really worried about the new record when lyla came but the other new album tracks i've heard sound the bollocks...

...moving onto my rating of songs from def maybe, i'd go;

Rock 'n' Roll Star 10/10, Shakermaker 9/10, Live Forever 10/10, Up In The Sky 5/10, Columbia 7/10, Supersonic 10/10, Bring It On Down 7/10, Cigs & Alcohol 8/10, Digsy's Dinner 2/10, Slide Away 7/10 & Married With Children 6/10.

Rock N Roll Star 1/10 - Overrated, Beatles aping crap.

Shakermaker 1/10 - Overrated, Beatles aping crap.

Live Forever 1/10 - Overrated, Beatles aping crap.

Up In The Sky 1/10 - Overrated, Beatles aping crap.

Columbia 1/10 - Overrated, Beatles aping crap.

Supersonic - 1/10 - Overrated, Beatles aping crap.

Bring It on Down 1/10 - Overrated, Beatles aping crap.

Cigarrettes & Alcohol 10/10 - Only remotely good Oasis song ever.

Digsys Diner 1/10 - Overrated, Beatles aping crap.

Slide Away 1/10 - Overrated, Beatles aping crap.

Married With Children 1/10 - Overrated, Beatles aping crap.

I'm too lazy to rate all songs but I lvoe this album. On of the absolute greatest debut albums ever. "'Rock 'N' Roll Star" and "Live Forever" are my favs.

Lumiere, even if Oasis are inspired by The Beatles they definitely have a unique sound.

Rock N Roll Star 10/10 - "Hello world, we're Oasis, get the fuck out of the way, we rule" - That's bassically what this song says.

Shakermaker 8/10 - Got to love it, great to drive to.

Live Forever 10/10 - Perfection

Up In The Sky 5/10 - It's ok, not one of my favourites.

Columbia 8/10 - Overated in my opinion.

Supersonic - 9/10 - Better live than studio.

Bring It on Down 7/10 - Bit of a punk flavour, not bad at all :)

Cigarrettes & Alcohol 9/10 - My Kareoke special :D

Digsys Diner 6/10 - Good, can't say much more.

Slide Away 10/10 - One of my favourite Oasis songs ever.

Married With Children 7/10 - Kind of reminds me of the HC days.

lol stupid... sorry my bad im not a big oasis fan... I assumed that this was their new album that i heard was being released this year. Disregard wat i said :|

The new album, "Don't Belive the Truth" will be released on May 31. ;)

Noel was on radio 1 last night, talking with Zane Lowe, and they played the B-side to Lyla. Its a song written by gem, and Noel said that it was nearly put on the new album.

to be honest, i thought the song was better Lyla, though don't get me wrong, i love Lyla, but the B-side was just a bit more of an upbeat track, and faster tempo. Liam's vocals sounded awesome, and Noel said that they were the best vocals that Laim has done in the album sessions.

So that leaves me thinking what must the rest of the album be like if they left off such a good song?

Noel was on radio 1 last night, talking with Zane Lowe, and they played the B-side to Lyla. Its a song written by gem, and Noel said that it was nearly put on the new album.

to be honest, i thought the song was better Lyla, though don't get me wrong, i love Lyla, but the B-side was just a bit more of an upbeat track, and faster tempo. Liam's vocals sounded awesome, and Noel said that they were the best vocals that Laim has done in the album sessions.

So that leaves me thinking what must the rest of the album be like if they left off such a good song?

The song is called "Eyeball Tickler" its fucking rocking, I can send this song to anyone who wants it

Noel was on radio 1 last night, talking with Zane Lowe, and they played the B-side to Lyla.  Its a song written by gem, and Noel said that it was nearly put on the new album.

to be honest, i thought the song was better Lyla, though don't get me wrong, i love Lyla, but the B-side was just a bit more of an upbeat track, and faster tempo.  Liam's vocals sounded awesome, and Noel said that they were the best vocals that Laim has done in the album sessions. 

The song is called "Eyeball Tickler" its fucking rocking, I can send this song to anyone who wants it

Yea, that was it Eyeball Tickler. Its well good. Reminded me a little of Bring it on Down

I love Lyla, but ten again i love all of Oasis's stuff so im going to say its good even when really its not. Its just a psychogical thing where i trick myself into loving a song by a certain artist.

My mates who think Oasis are ok, think Lyla is a weak song and that the chorus is very repetitive.

I love Lyla, but ten again i love all of Oasis's stuff so im going to say its good even when really its not. Its just a psychogical thing where i trick myself into loving a song by a certain artist.

My mates who think Oasis are ok, think Lyla is a weak song and that the chorus is very repetitive.

Lyla is a towering comeback single IMO... it grows on me everytime i hear it.

liams sneer and snarl make the song fucking amazing.

The verses are easily some of oasis' best.