Time to do this

Yamisonic

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I'll start!

Urm I actually didnt like the Beatles as a band as such! I was more into John Lennon! I remember the first time I actually got into him. I had just bought his cd John Lennon Collection (purely for Happy Christmas - War is Over) and over a period of time I started listening to the rest of the songs.

I remembered listening to Beautiful Boy and thinking at the time ... this guy writes about stuff that is dear to him, mentioning names etc.. At the time it was like a refreshing burst of clean air. I was actually listening to songs and knew exactly who and what they were about! All the other music (other artists) could have been written about anyone. For example a love song ...... it could have been about anybody but with Lennon you knew exactly who he was singing about.. from that moment on I quenched my thirst for knowledge on him by reading anything and everything... and do this day he is still in my top 5 of my most admired people!

i am very much into old, obscure, psychedelic music from the 60s and 70s. Everytime I research the topic, references to "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band" come up... I've never trusted in anyones opinion and listened to it because I just can't believe it could actually be all that 'psychedelic' sounding... is it? am i missing something?

i can't stand abput 90=%" of beatles music, all of their shit was around my house and i am plenty familer with it and realy do not like it. I have respect for their work taking into account the times and stuff. But i don't like to listen to it, and i won't be crushed if i never hear it again. Its almost too perfect to the level of annnoying

Everytime I research the topic, references to "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band" come up... I've never trusted in anyones opinion and listened to it because I just can't believe it could actually be all that 'psychedelic' sounding... is it? am i missing something?

It's hardly obscure. It's quite psychedelic. I like it, but it may be the most overrated album of all time. I'd give it a go personally.

As an aside, have you heard of a band called The End?

For what they achieved, i can see why they are regarded as the greatest band ever. I own alot tof their albums, my favourite being the White album.

I think Revolver is over rated, its a good album, especially as one to listen to as you wake up and lay in bed, but apart from that, its over rated. Magical Mystery tour is a better album than Revolver.

Sgt Pepper's is just an awesome album, with some very unigue songs on it, where its obvious to see the creativity of the drugs in it. You only have to hear the lyrics of Lucy in the Sky with diamonds to see this.

-Ringo is the worst drummer ever .the end

-Paul is painfully boring, his voice starts to bother me after a few listens,his solo work is dull and amateurish...oddly I really liked his song w/ Michael Jackson "Say Say Say". Has no real musical ability, his piano as well as guitar playing is mediocre at best.

-Lennon is overratted. like Cobain ,his death raised him up to an undeserved point. Voice also gets irritating after a few listens. However, has written one or two GOOD solo songs like "Nobody Told Me". Also has no talent with instruments.

-George is the only Beatle with an ounce of talent. Cool voice ,not great but good enough at guitar playing,and wrote cool songs. "What Is Life" was a good contribution to pop rock music.

The first time I heard "Yellow Submarine" I thought that it was the dumbest song even. Now its one of my favorites. I cant help but smile when I hear "Penny Lane", its just such a happy song. My favorites are "Hey Jude" and "Let It Be".

-Paul is painfully boring, his voice starts to bother me after a few listens,his solo work is dull and amateurish...oddly I really liked his song w/ Michael Jackson "Say Say Say". Has no real musical ability, his piano as well as guitar playing is mediocre at best.

-Lennon is overratted. like Cobain ,his death raised him up to an undeserved point. Voice also gets irritating after a few listens. However, has written one or two GOOD solo songs like "Nobody Told Me". Also has no talent with instruments.

-George is the only Beatle with an ounce of talent. Cool voice ,not great but good enough at guitar playing,and wrote cool songs. "What Is Life" was a good contribution to pop rock music.

I can respect it when you dislike the Beatles but your post literally says "Look I know nothing about music!!"

I can respect it when you dislike the Beatles but your post literally says "Look I know nothing about music!!"

and your post just says "I listen to music that is more acclaimed,so my music taste is better"

and your post just says "I listen to music that is more acclaimed,so my music taste is better"

no it doesn't. I didn't make one single comment about the value of tastes. my taste has nothing to do with it but if you say a guy that sold half a billion copies in his life time is overrated and that his success is based on his death than it's just stupid. period. If you don't like him ok I can accept that but pay him the fucking respect that he deserves.

but your comment shows [to play the game further]that you didn't really understand what I was refering to you just wanted to make a smart ass comment.

Edited by JeanGenie

woohoo I just got my tickets to see Paul McCartney in september!! :) B)

Woo! Go you! I envy you

For some reason are you in DM's Beatles Forums? Cuz there's a guy called Bruno too. Maybe a coincidence.

The Beatles overrated? Dude, you should listen to more than Love Me Do and Yellow Submarine before making those comments.

Ok, discuss Sexy Sadie! It's my favourite ... The vocals are so powerful

no it doesn't. I didn't make one single comment about the value of tastes. my taste has nothing to do with it but if you say a guy that sold half a billion copies in his life time is overrated and that his success is based on his death than it's just stupid. period. If you don't like him ok I can accept that but pay him the fucking respect that he deserves.

but your comment shows [to play the game further]that you didn't really understand what I was refering to you just wanted to make a smart ass comment.

So selling copies equals musical talent? Well if that is true then during these past few months we have witnessed 50 Cent rise to legendary status. He has sold like 2 million copies already so that must mean that he is a master at his craft,right? I didn't say he wasn't a success before his murder,I said it is why he has been catapulted to the status he is at. As for respect, why the hell does he deserve my respect? Did he somehow help me or influence my life in any way? Does the estate of John Lennon pay my taxes? Music is a lot of things and one of those things is called "opinion". You are being rude and pathetic.

So selling copies equals musical talent? Well if that is true then during these past few months we have witnessed 50 Cent rise to legendary status. He has sold like 2 million copies already so that must mean that he is a master at his craft,right? I didn't say he wasn't a success before his murder,I said it is why he has been catapulted to the status he is at. As for respect, why the hell does he deserve my respect? Did he somehow help me or influence my life in any way? Does the estate of John Lennon pay my taxes? Music is a lot of things and one of those things is called "opinion". You are being rude and pathetic.

lmao..no man u dont know anything about music if u say they all can't play or write..they are good musicians who wrote and played stuff..also.lennon and the beatles were the biggest thing in the world and many other things are great.. we can respect u not liking the beatles..it's u saying none of them can play or write that we can't respect.... u dont have to like them..just dont diss each member for the heck of it with something that's not true..personally i dont like the who too much...but i think keith moon was a great drummer and daltrey could sing..enthwistle was also great too...doesnt mean i like their songs or them... but i wouldnt go to such lenghts...

My thoughts:

1. One of the most innovative rock n' roll bands, behind only the Rolling Stones.

2. Paul McCartney= Huge asswipe

3. The White Album kick ass.

4. John Lennon was the best part of the Beatles. His solo stuff is a thousand times better than the Beatles, and thats when he was allowed to voice his political opinion the best.

5. Ringo Starr should never sing.

My thoughts:

1. One of the most innovative rock n' roll bands, behind only the Rolling Stones.

2. Paul McCartney= Huge asswipe

3. The White Album kick ass.

4. John Lennon was the best part of the Beatles. His solo stuff is a thousand times better than the Beatles, and thats when he was allowed to voice his political opinion the best.

5. Ringo Starr should never sing.

Paul could play good bass.

What happened with the Sexy Sadie discussion?

Dude, (edit: not to you shiaobundan) Lennon was a phenomenom. That's why he's so big. He is, in my opinion, UNDERrated, because people these days don't admire the magic he did. And Ringo Starr is better than a lot of other drummers, have you listened to She Said She Said? Tomorrow Never Knows? Or the drum intro in Hey Jude? I bet you haven't. The Beatles were the best of the best, period.

Edited by Yamisonic

Ringo has sung some good songs that suit his voice like With a Little Help, Octopus Garden and If Youve Got Troubles. One of his latest albums, Ringorama, is fvckin amazing, check the George tribute song 'Never Without You'.

And I don't care what people say about Macca, 'Yesterday','Hey Jude' and 'Let it Be' alone justify that he's a freaking genious

For some reason are you in DM's Beatles Forums?

yep, Im registered there :)

What's your username in that forum?