Roger Waters VS John Lennon

Who is more godlike?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

make a poll or something, ask anyone on the board, guns n' roses have fucking awesome and the most meaningful lyrics out there

Are you a fucking idiot or something? Well, probably, but anyway. This is a GN'R fan board, filled with obsessive, blinkered GN'R fans like you. Of course they're going to say GN'R have the best lyrics out there, moron. Go to a Pink Floyd board and make a poll about GN'R lyrics, and the members will largely spit on you.

GN'R lyrics are not meaningful, nor 'awesome'. They're not intelligent. They're morose and boring.

go to fucking hell bitch, your just another one of the so called gnr fans who know like 5 of their songs

you stupid pice of fucking shit

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're a moronic sycophant if you truly think that Nirvana have amazing lyrics. They're the kinda thing that intellectually challenged teenagers write.

Corrected. 100% True Statement.

Anyway, what do you call songs like November Rain, Coma, SCOM, etc.? I'm sure no teenager could write songs like those!

exactly

make a poll or something, ask anyone on the board, guns n' roses have fucking awesome and the most meaningful lyrics out there

Are you a fucking idiot or something? Well, probably, but anyway. This is a GN'R fan board, filled with obsessive, blinkered GN'R fans like you. Of course they're going to say GN'R have the best lyrics out there, moron. Go to a Pink Floyd board and make a poll about GN'R lyrics, and the members will largely spit on you.

GN'R lyrics are not meaningful, nor 'awesome'. They're not intelligent. They're morose and boring.

Then please leave and stop wasting everybody's time.

they both amaze the hell out of me. But I gotta go with John Lennon. His writing is very powerful and struck a cord with so many people during his era. He did things that most wouldn't have the balls to do. Shit, that man had the FBI after his ass during his heyday. And Roger Waters in Pink Floyd's later years wrote almost every song about Syd Barrett. I'd take Roger Waters as a producer and composer over Lennon any day though

go to fucking hell bitch, your just another one of the so called gnr fans who know like 5 of their songs

I own Appetite For Destruction, Lies, Use Your Illusion 1 +2, The Spaghetti Incident and Live 87-93. I saw Axl perform at the London Docklands in 2002. Twat.

I don't fawn over Axl, his music taste, his lyrics and his clothes. Surely you're the 'stupid piece of fucking shit' for aping Axl? Who, let's be honest, is nothing but a lazy, ginger haired crybaby?

I own Appetite For Destruction, Lies, Use Your Illusion 1 +2, The Spaghetti Incident and Live 87-93. I saw Axl perform at the London Docklands in 2002. Twat.

I don't fawn over Axl, his music taste, his lyrics and his clothes. Surely you're the 'stupid piece of fucking shit' for aping Axl? Who, let's be honest, is nothing but a lazy, ginger haired crybaby?

if all you can do is bitch about Guns N' Roses, why the hell are you on a G N' R forum?

:devil: :fuckyou::anger:

Anyway, what do you call songs like November Rain

A warmed over wannabe Elton John epic.

Coma

An attempt at sounding jaded, cynical and despondent.

SCOM

Garbage that tries to sound deep and meaningful, and ends up sentimental shite.

if all you can do is bitch about Guns N' Roses, why the hell are you on a G N' R forum?

I own Appetite For Destruction, Lies, Use Your Illusion 1 +2, The Spaghetti Incident and Live 87-93. I saw Axl perform at the London Docklands in 2002.

Basically, I like Guns N' Roses. I'm just not an idiot, like you.

Anyway, what do you call songs like November Rain

A warmed over wannabe Elton John epic.

Coma

An attempt at sounding jaded, cynical and despondent.

SCOM

Garbage that tries to sound deep and meaningful, and ends up sentimental shite.

you should be banned

Why do you bother with the band that you critisise so much?

I find them overrated. Slash is a good guitarist. Axl is an irritating singer, and a bad lyricist. Duff is a mediocre bassist. Izzy is a good guitarist. Adler is a decent drummer. The way people act round here, you'd think they were all endowed with Herculean musical powers. They really aren't.

:rolleyes: Wow people. I love Gn'R, but I'm not blind enough to think that they're lyrics are incredibly insightful. They have their moments, and are definately better than a lot of bands of their time, but they don't live up to 90% of the writers of the 70's and 60's.

Why do you bother with the band that you critisise so much?
if all you can do is bitch about Guns N' Roses, why the hell are you on a G N' R forum

Everyone has the right to like Gn'R and post on this board. They don't have to think that Gn'R is the best at everything. People can criticize bands that they like. Christ, there's nothing I hate more than a completely jaded fan. :rolleyes:

On topic: John Lennon is a god. His lyrics, his outspoken politics, and his overall intellect.

They're two of the finest lyricists of all time, both involved in two of the finest bands ever.

I love Johns work, with the Beatles or without.

Roger is the same. With or without Pink Floyd.

Equal.

Who challenged everything? Who wrote A Day In The Life? Who made psychedelic music? Who said "The Beatles are bigger than Jesus" and held on to the statement? Who wrote "Imagine"? Who made LSD famous? Who made moptops famous? Who is the most respected musical genious on the planet?

I know you may say "Oh, he's just a Beatles fan", but Lennon was something special. Roger Waters was extremely talented, making all the concept albums and the special Pink Floyd music, but Lennon is the best. He's the Musical God, or one of them if you count Chuck Berry or Mozart. He will always be my idol.

So Lennon is better, but I respect Roger Waters

Ok, before I get bashed, I got inspired ... Especially on the Jesus part and the A Day In The Life part :P

Then please leave and stop wasting everybody's time.

Exacly.