What guitar should I buy?

I'm going to Florida in June and I have decided that I'm going to buy a new guitar. The thing is, I can't decide which guitar to get. I've been thinking about a Les Paul or a Strat (because I want to learn whammy bar techniques). I play mainly classic rock and if you have suggestions about other guitars, I would appreciate it.

Hopefully a Fender. I'm thinking about spending about $500 but hopefully I'll be able to get a discount because my friend owns a guitar shop there. I'm thinking about a Fender Strat and if I can afford it a Gibson Les Paul.

Ok, makes sense. Do strats have a good tone?

it depends which strat were talking here. All strats have a fabulous tone. There very full and has a large tonal range. I reccomend a standard three single coil strat. If your thinking about grabbing one of those fat strats(the ones with the humbucker next to the bridge.). They have a fatter sound just because of the humbucker they put in. there all great. Santanna's right. for 500 bucks the only gibson in that price range is pretty crappy. If your really looking into a LP id go top of the line epiphone. but id stick with the strat.

Cool, I'm thinking about getting a Fender American Strat HSS. It looks quite nice and it should have a really good tone.

Yeah, really Strats are great guitars. The Fat Strat HSS is a solid guitar. The humbucker in the bridge position adds a little more depth and power, especially when you're doing leads.

hmmm...well, you COULD go Elitist Epi, but Fender Strats are cool, the HSS has a fairly good tone, comfortable and nice guitar, but will always have that warm thick tone so carasteristic of strats. Myself id go the extra mile and keep on saving, get a classy Gibson LP Standard, a used one in farly good conditions can be in the range of 1200-1800, but thats only if u want to go the extra mile. A good guitar is like a good friend, should last you forever, thats what Gibson is about, Les Pauls are forever man, and prolly the most beautifull of em all.

Santana I don't know what you're talking about. I have a faded and it plays like a dream. Sounds exactly like a standard.

I don't know... Maybe it's just the fact that I don't like Les Pauls. But I did play the LP faded, and the SG faded, on various occasions, and they both sounded like shit. Nothing like the standards. Not even close. They don't even have the same feel. The faded series feel way too light. I hated the sound. I haven't played the faded SG yet, but I'm sure it's a disaster as well.

as sire above says - just buy the one you want. whatever is best for you, fitting your technique and style.

if its a recommendation your after i suggest the epiphone black beauty - a solid les paul with 3 gold bastard pickups to shove metal up your arse with. its got quite a wife neck and is reasurringly heavy and solid. suits me perfectly

Fuck epiphones! they may be good but Agiles do more justice according to the price you pay. you can get a top of the line Agile les paul for half the price of a top of the line epi. Along with that, the agile features are all better than the top of the line epi's. With their (agile) rock bottom price and quality control, even the guitar giant Gibson was thrown into hinderence. If u haven't heard of Agiles, its because Agiles don't promote and don't do ads and that way they are able to keep the price of guitars at the minimum. Gibsons are expensive cause they have to recoup all the money spent on their middle man, promo's and ads...unfortunately, they charge your for it when you buy a new gibson guitar. everyone knows Gibson quality control has gone shit!

If you are going for a gibson and can afford it go for it, but if you are going for epi's go for agiles instead. Both agile and epi's come form korea.

'coz noone did before:

forget the gibson and fender shit

buy an ESP

for example check out the ESP Eclipse II with See-thru Black Cherry

www.espguitars.com/guitars_standard.htm

rock1 rock2

Yeah, but from what he posted, the ESP's are a bit out of his price range.

Fuck epiphones! they may be good but Agiles do more justice according to the price you pay. you can get a top of the line Agile les paul for half the price of a top of the line epi. Along with that, the agile features are all better than the top of the line epi's. With their (agile) rock bottom price and quality control, even the guitar giant Gibson was thrown into hinderence. If u haven't heard of Agiles, its because Agiles don't promote and don't do ads and that way they are able to keep the price of guitars at the minimum. Gibsons are expensive cause they have to recoup all the money spent on their middle man, promo's and ads...unfortunately, they charge your for it when you buy a new gibson guitar. everyone knows Gibson quality control has gone shit!

If you are going for a gibson and can afford it go for it, but if you are going for epi's go for agiles instead. Both agile and epi's come form korea.

yes abitestranged recommended these guitars too me when i asked the same question and i checked out the site and awesome deals for great guitars!

heres a link if you wanna check em out ---> http://www.rondomusic.net/

rock4

'coz noone did before:

buy an ESP

rock1  rock2

so he should save his money until he can buy one

it's worth it

I started with one, and now I have 3

'coz noone did before:

buy an ESP

rock1  rock2

it's worth it

They are awesome guitars!

I have a Viper and a Viper baritone. They fucking rock!

'coz noone did before:

buy an ESP

rock1  rock2

it's worth it

They are awesome guitars!

I have a Viper and a Viper baritone. They fucking rock!

I never played the baritone... :cry:

but a friend told it rocks

I own a M-II Hammett

an Explorer (an old one in the cool shape)

an my newest: Eclipse II STBC

To be honest, I'm not much of a heavy metal guitarist. I play more classic rock/ blues-rock. Besides I've got a Stagg Flying V to play metal with anyway.

have you thought about a telecaster, the ravelle wouldbe sweet, but i don't know about the whammy bar