Yngwie Malmsteen

gunners_4_eva

yeah he's insanely fast but he seriously lacks passion in his playing, he just shreds all the time showing little emotion or feeling. on G3 that he did with satriani and vai he is the worst of the three

he's a knobhead as well - he just somes across as a bit of a tosser

you haven't heard about him?!

which planet do you live on?

:lol:

Check out his first album,"rising force".

His best.

Lots of feeling as well as great music..

One of my all time fav albums.

I think he lost it after "Eclipse" then he just repeated himself

and got fat and boring.

:P

Edited by Raas

Definitely one of the most technically accomplished hard rock guitarists of the 80's.You've to give the guy credit where due,his lightning fast arpeggiated solos,gothic style and also neo-classical tendencies.I never knew the guy had such a love of Bach,Beethoven and Paganini not to mention was a big fan of Hendrix and Blackmore's playing style.When to come to think of it you can hear their influence in his playing.

Have to admire the guy also,he broke his hand in the course of his career,and since has suffered from frequent bouts of tendinitis but he still plays on.Talk about suffering for your art.

Edited by disorder

Only heard a few songs (Black Star, Far Beyond The Sun, Evil Eye), but they are all amazing. Especially the first one (lots of passion). A masterpiece, imo.

Have to check out more of his songs.

Edited by hollywood

Insane...ly boring. It's people like these that piss me off. What use is playing lightning fast? It's just noise. I dont care about whether he play with emotion or not, everyone mist have passion if they play an instrument. But playing fast is shoddy. Someone I knew went to his gig and said that most people were leaving after 20 minutes.

Insane...ly boring. It's people like these that piss me off. What use is playing lightning fast? It's just noise. I dont care about whether he play with emotion or not, everyone mist have passion if they play an instrument. But playing fast is shoddy. Someone I knew went to his gig and said that most people were leaving after 20 minutes.

Each to their own.

When I listen to him it's like a kind of eruption.He is very good at what he does and very precise and granted very fast.I think there's a bit of Di Meola influence in his playing especially in his speed playing.I appreciate it,for what it is.Sometimes a change is as good as a rest,but I must admit for me no one beats Robert Fripp and his alternate picking,Les Pauls and delay effects.

your friend was lying.

Nobody leaves an Yngwie gig unless they get kicked out.

I have only heard a Classical Guitar Solo from this guy and I must say I wasn't that impressed. It was really fuckin dull in fact. I'll give him points for technique because he was playing the solo pretty damn fast but like someone said he lacked passion in his playing.