The Rolling Stones

Thunderstruck

I was wondering what your favourite Stones songs are. Guns covered Wild Horses, Jumpin jack Flash, Dead Flowers, and of course, Sympathy for the Devil.

They do some awesome songs, not to mention they have been around for years.

My favourite songs have to be:

Paint it Black

Get off my Cloud

Jumpin Jack Flash

i can't get no satisfaction

You can't always get what you want

Sympathy for the Devil

Brown Sugar

Start me up

Its only rock n Roll

I love them. They are better than the Beatles, Zeppelin, Gn'R. They're rock gods in my opinion. My favorite songs are "Street Fighting Man", "Gimme Shelter", "Beast of Burden".. but I could go on forever since they're so good!

But Ruby Tuesday has to be one of the worst songs by them.

:cry: Thats another one of my favorites. Its a sentimental song. Good for rainy days I think.

They seem to have a song to fit every mood, you can't beat laying down on a pleasant, sunny day, whilst Paint it Black is on, its just got that summery feel about it

They got a magazine named after them... :P

One of my favorite bands, nothing too complex just down n dirty rock and roll.

Actually, both the magazine and the band were based on a Muddy Waters song. Can't remember the name. Brian Jones was signing in for a gig, so they said, "Choose a name for the band..." and Brian didn't have any idea, so he got his Muddy Waters record from the floor and read one of the tracks.

Actually, both the magazine and the band were based on a Muddy Waters song. Can't remember the name. Brian Jones was signing in for a gig, so they said, "Choose a name for the band..." and Brian didn't have any idea, so he got his Muddy Waters record from the floor and read one of the tracks.

i did not know that, hell you truely do learn something everyday... now only if it worked in Chemistry, then i'd be set.

Here are some of my favorite Stones songs:

Wild Horses

Street Fighting Man

Satisfaction

Gimme Shelter

Sympathy For The Devil

Beast of Burden

It's Only Rock N' Roll

Ruby Tuesday

Honky Tonk Women

Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby?

Salt of the Earth

Start Me Up

Dance Pt. 1

Brown Sugar

Moonlite Mile

You Can't Always Get What You Want

Love In Vain

Monkey Man

Don't Stop

Angie

Mother's Little Helper

Midnight Rambler

i did not know that, hell you truely do learn something everyday... now only if it worked in Chemistry, then i'd be set.

Here are a few equations

1: Mick + Keith / (Bill x Charlie) - Brian = 60's Rock Music

2: Keith - Mick T. / (Bill x Charlie) x Mick = 70's Rock Music

3: Keith + Mick / (Bill x Charlie) + Keith x Ronnie = 1976 - This Date Music

Haha, I had fun doing those

i only have one bad thing to say against em really - i want to see em bad style but their ticket prices are ridiculous! £500 ($800 - $900) for the first 12 rows, £40 odd for the worst view (top far corner of twickenham or something) so im gonna go without thanks.

apart from that i love em

Full opinion on the Stones

THE 60'S

The Stones started out well. Guitars weaving everywhere, classic blues and rock n' roll. Excellent time to be a music fan.

LATE 60'S - EARLY 70'S

For many the band's best era. Satanic Majesties was a disaster, but Beggars Banquet and Let It Bleed were awesome. In the 70's, in came Sticky Fingers and Exile On Main Street, plus the underrated Goats Head Soup. Then It's Only Rock N' Roll, a slightly weaker album, and the weak Black n Blue.

LATE 70'S - 80'S

What a crappy era! The band was releasing disco singles, stupid lyrics and the music sucked the big time. Also, they were about to split up.

90'S - TO DATE

Rolling Stones revival! Voodoo Lounge and Stripped came in, two of the band's best work. Keep rocking guys!

Full opinion on the Stones

THE 60'S

The Stones started out well. Guitars weaving everywhere, classic blues and rock n' roll. Excellent time to be a music fan.

LATE 60'S - EARLY 70'S

For many the band's best era. Satanic Majesties was a disaster, but Beggars Banquet and Let It Bleed were awesome. In the 70's, in came Sticky Fingers and Exile On Main Street, plus the underrated Goats Head Soup. Then It's Only Rock N' Roll, a slightly weaker album, and the weak Black n Blue.

LATE 70'S - 80'S

What a crappy era! The band was releasing disco singles, stupid lyrics and the music sucked the big time. Also, they were about to split up.

90'S - TO DATE

Rolling Stones revival! Voodoo Lounge and Stripped came in, two of the band's best work. Keep rocking guys!

Well, there you have it folks, the definitive Stones description

LATE 70'S - 80'S

I agree except for '79 , Some Girls is a fine album , Beast of Burden , When The Whip Comes Down , Miss You , Shattered . Good tunes IMO .

Peace GnR Nation B)