your opinion

ibanez0314

GO HERE FOR FOOTAGE> http://www.jimihendrix.dk/index.php?lang=d...eoer.php&ident=

I really Hendrix's style and originality. Ok, I adore the man!! B) I think he's sucha a cool cat! I really don't understand why he's 'overrated' though. Will someone please give me some insight into this? I mean, I know he can be regarded as a 'sloppy player' (which I would agree on) but apart from that I don't see the problem with Hendrix. By 'overrated' you don't mean 'bad' do you? Because he wasn't a bad player.

Tell me one song which you think is overrated and why.

edit: go to the 7th video clip down ('hey joe') to see him playing with his teeth and playing the guitar on the back of his head :blink: Geez, he's amazing.

Edited by drops_of_jupiter

I more admire Hendrix than really absolutely love his music. There are individual songs that I absolutely love like Purple Haze(Duh), Wind Cries Mary, Red House, Hey Joe, Manic Depression, Fire, All Along The Watchtower, and Voodoo Child(Slight Return). I find stuff like Third Stone From The Sun and Voodoo Chile very impressive but they are not the kind of stuff I would listen to often. I do think he is one of the greatest guitarists and probably the most influential. I actually feel the same way about Clapton too.