about axl's age.........

rocknroll_4_ever

Everybody is talking about his age like he's sooo old for touring or something. HE'S ONLY 40!!!! Look at other singers out there year round...............

STEVEN TYLER - 54 years old

MICK JAGGER - 59 years old

RONNIE JAMES DIO - 60 years old!!!!!

Axl is still young folks......... AGE IS NOT A FACTOR

btw....... I'm new here  ;D  ;)

Great music is timeless.

GNR's music fits that description -- because it has as much impact and relevance to people today as it did 10 years ago. That's how I measure brilliant music.

Age plays no part.

btw, welcome rocknroll_4_ever. Glad you could join us.  :)

Everybody is talking about his age like he's sooo old for touring or something. HE'S ONLY 40!!!! Look at other singers out there year round...............

Im all for the whole new GNR thing, but something you might wanna consider.  Tyler and Jagger didnt take 10 years off.  I dont know from experience or anything but I think when you get up there past 35, it starts to take more effort to put on a performance like you did in your 20s.

Age can be a factor if your not keeping yourself in working order.

But this doesnt apply to Axl, I saw his RIR3 performance, grade A.

But I hope you get my point, Axl took an aweful long time off from touring where Tyler and Jagger took at most 4-5 years off.

• 1 year later...

Lets add some to this now.. :laugh:

AXL NEVER GONNA BE OLD HE IS ALWAYS SHOWIN HIS COOL SIDE AND THATS THE GOOD THING , HE SALSO SINGS COOL SO HE WILL NEVER BE OLD HE WILL BE A FUCKIN GUNNER FOR EVER

AndyroseBailey :fuckyou:

:o:laugh::laugh: Words can't desrcibe how much I'm laughing.. Yes he will be a gunner forever.. People get so serious..

actually he was born on March 26, 1948 making him 56 and I just happened to see him on last tuesday in Montreal. I was 4 feet from the man and HE WAS AMAZING. The guy never stopped running up and down the stage, down the catwalk, up the ramps-it ws crazy. He kept swinging around his mic stand, dancing and even RAN OFF STAGE TO JUMP ONTO A SWING ABOVE THE CROWD ONLY TO TURN HIMSELF UPSIDE DOWN TO SWING BY HIS FEET WITH HIS ARMS DANGLING TOUCHING THE CROWDS HANDS.

It gives me chills to imagine what it must have been like to see GNR and AERO touring together back in the day.

I've said it before ... Axl and his music are like fine wine. They just get better with age.

As big a fan as I am, i can't agree with that statement. Cause we have nothing to base it on really - in general an artist's creativity goes with age and their peak is in their mid twenties to thirties (i stress that this isn't always the case). With Axl it is impossible to say if he is better or worse now because we haven't heard enough material and the few songs we have heard (which Axl claims aren't the "big guns") don't show him as getting better with age - CD, Madagascar, The Blues, OMG, Silk Worms etc...

We'll need to wait for the album to be released before we can start saying things like he gets better with age...because what is that based on??

In most cases age does matter because creativity declines and so do energy and stamina levels which affect both studio and live performances, that's why i wish he would hurry up and release Chinese Democracy, instead he has wasted what most would consider to be his best years.

actually he was born on March 26, 1948 making him 56 and I just happened to see him on last tuesday in Montreal. I was 4 feet from the man and HE WAS AMAZING. The guy never stopped running up and down the stage, down the catwalk, up the ramps-it ws crazy. He kept swinging around his mic stand, dancing and even RAN OFF STAGE TO JUMP ONTO A SWING ABOVE THE CROWD ONLY TO TURN HIMSELF UPSIDE DOWN TO SWING BY HIS FEET WITH HIS ARMS DANGLING TOUCHING THE CROWDS HANDS.

It gives me chills to imagine what it must have been like to see GNR and AERO touring together back in the day.

I was just going to post the same thing! I'm an aerofreak. I'm going to see them on Thursday...WOOHOO! Joe Perry's fine ass here I come!

BTW- When it comes to rock stars that look great for their age, I think Joe Perry takes the cake. He's 53, was a junkie, cokehead, drinker, heavy smoker and LOOK at the man...

290big.jpg

Edited by natalie902