Most OVERRATED guitar player

Battlehawk

He created the Enter Sandman riff, Their claim to fame.

Well Enter Sandman is a cover so thats sort of not true......I like Aerosmith a lot but i have too go with Joe Perry...............and oh CC Deville too, he is not overrated or anything he is just the worst guitarist ever

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kurt Cobain - Couldn't play guitar if he's life depended on it......couldn't sing for nuts either

The most retarded post I've ever read.

Seriously.

Maybe so, but seeing him as top 10 guitarist ever in recent music charts is rather silly i think

True. Cobain is nowhere near Slash. And no I don't consider Slash the greatest guitarist.

Edited by DoubleTalkinJive

Angus Young - SO boring

Whaaaaaaaaaa!! :blink::blink: , some of the most bad-ass riffs EVER , it's a sound so unique and timeless how the hell can you say it's boring , have you got no soul ( jk ;) ) I mean Angus isn't anything BUT boring .

Peace GnR Nation B)

Kurt Cobain - Couldn't play guitar if he's life depended on it......couldn't sing for nuts either

Seriously.

Maybe so, but seeing him as top 10 guitarist ever in recent music charts is rather silly i think

well of course it is, but those charts are stupid anyway.

kurt cobain never intended to play guitar in a cliched, over-the-top, big-solo kind of way. he simply used the instrument to make a tune. and, personally, I think he did quite well making tunes.

Well Enter Sandman is a cover so thats sort of not true......I like Aerosmith a lot but i have too go with Joe Perry...............and oh CC Deville too, he is not overrated or anything he is just the worst guitarist ever

:rolleyes: Metallica wrote Enter Sandman. Kirk Hammet wrote the riff.

Slash - great, but just a Hendrix clone.

you are seriously stupid.

not in the way you are saying he is overrated, but you saying there styles are at all alike. Slash and Hendrix c'mon. I mean thye could almost be seen as oppisites.

Slash is a bread and butter, Gibson through a Marshall, and Jimi only seemed to touch strats. Slash wasn't into effects, unlike jimm who like to experiment wit hthem. and there is more... I don't know as much about jimi as i do slash, but man i just can't see some one comparing the styles of those two

:rolleyes: Metallica wrote Enter Sandman. Kirk Hammet wrote the riff.

Yes. Kirk Hammet said in the black album documentary that that is the only metallica riff he ever made. All the other metallica music is supposedly composed by Lars and James

Seriously.

Why don't you go out and play a nice game of 'hide-and-go-fuckyourself'

It's true though

kurt cobain never intended to play guitar in a cliched, over-the-top, big-solo kind of way.

He also never had the talent to do so.

Cobain is one of the most overrated musicians in the history of music. Nirvana are one of the most overrated bands in the history of music.

A lot of this anger towards Kurt Cobain comes from the fact that the arrival of Nirvana basically ended GNR's career. Face it - what good did GNR do after the grunge scene came? I'll tell you what they did. Spaghetti Incident and then broke up.

Most of you wouldn't know good music if it kicked you in the ass.

By the way - Metallica truly suck balls. The most obvious, boring guitar riffs ever.

A lot of this anger towards Kurt Cobain comes from the fact that the arrival of Nirvana basically ended GNR's career. Face it - what good did GNR do after the grunge scene came? I'll tell you what they did. Spaghetti Incident and then broke up.

By the way - Metallica truly suck balls. The most obvious, boring guitar riffs ever.

Look man, we all like Nirvana, we know it's good music, but come to terms, Kurt is not all he's cut out to be as a guitarist, he is overrated and that is all.

Page is a damn amazing guitarist, but I think he's overrated, at least in my area. Probably because people say he was the best guitarist the Yardbird's had, when the best was Beck.

But Page did write some timeless rifs eg. Heartbreaker, Black Dog and The Ocean.

A lot of this anger towards Kurt Cobain comes from the fact that the arrival of Nirvana basically ended GNR's career

The "Nirvana Killed Metal" recieved opinion is complete crap. Think about other bands that were flourishing at the same time Nirvana were; Metallica and Faith No More, for example. They utilised metal in their sound, and still shifted stupid amounts of units. Case in point; Metallica's eponymous 1991 album (AKA The Black Album) was released in the same year as Nevermind, yet has outsold it entirely. Not a statement on quality, but a statement on the aforementioned bollocks myth.

Also, I couldn't give to shits about most GN'R post Appetite For Destruction.

Face it - what good did GNR do after the grunge scene came? I'll tell you what they did. Spaghetti Incident and then broke up.

GN'R were pretty much fucked anyway, owing to Axl's primadonna demeanour and anti-fan sentiment, and most of the band leaving/having left. The release of an appalling covers album (with one of the worst front covers ever) was the final nail in the GN'R coffin.

Funnily enough, good music does 'kick you in the ass' (to use an inept paraphrasement of a colloquial saying). Nirvana don't kick you in the posterior with their music - they bore you to tears with their [his] pretentious lyrics and shitty instrumentation.

I'd say you'd have to be pretty fucking dense not to see Nirvana's shitty, repetetive power chord workouts coming a mile off, but then again you're fairly blinkered and ignorant.