Silverchair Vs Green Day

GnRmaniac

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green Day is one of those band everyone likes to bash for some reason. I think they're great and make music in their own style. Silverchair have a few good ones but is to me rather dull and mediocre.

Silver fucking chair? didnt they do 'Mmm Bop'? :lol:

No, seriously, you've gotta be kidding, right?

you are fucking retarded, Hanson made that shitty song mmmbop, and silver kicks ass, green day are dumb pieces of shit who think people actually care about there distorted political views...green day is one of the worst bands ever

Silver fucking chair? didnt they do 'Mmm Bop'?  :lol:

you are fucking retarded, Hanson made that shitty song mmmbop, and silver kicks ass, green day are dumb pieces of shit who think people actually care about there distorted political views...green day is one of the worst bands ever

First, nunchuck was joking. Second, if anything your arguments are retarded.

If it wasn't for Offspring and Green Day punk would be dead or unknown to many people today. The music is not as complex or deep as Gnr but you should repect them for their talent, live performance and going their own way.

If it wasn't for Offspring and Green Day punk would be dead or unknown to many people today. The music is not as complex or deep as Gnr but you should repect them for their talent, live performance and going their own way.

Jack99 you rule! looks as if my sarcasm isnt er...sarcastic enough! :D

So, Silverchair? didnt Kurt Cobain sing for them? :lol: oh no wait, he's just a Kurt Cobain wannabe, right? ;)

Question: where are Silverchair now??????

And DT hockey, or whatever the fuck your name is, if you want to hear a DECENT Australian band, you should listen to The Living End, or even AC/DC for that matter, they dont so much piss all over Silverchair, but they beat the living shit out of them.

Guest cherry_bomb

i dont like either, but im gonna go for greenday purely because dookie was an ok album, basket case is a cool song

Silverchair :D For sure. Mainly cause i now hate greenday. I dont know why they are so good, imo VR's album is a trillion times better and has had no where near the success that american idiot has had.

Agreed

But i do love Green Day !!!!!!!!!!!!!! rock1

So, Silverchair? didnt Kurt Cobain sing for them? :lol: oh no wait, he's just a Kurt Cobain wannabe, right? ;)

And DT hockey, or whatever the fuck your name is, if you want to hear a DECENT Australian band, you should listen to The Living End, or even AC/DC for that matter, they dont so much piss all over Silverchair, but they beat the living shit out of them.

haha you are pathetic...you and "jack99" or watever his name is, Green Day and the offspring are pure shit, they do nothing for music, they arent real punk they are pussy pop punk, and used to just sing about fart jokes and getting stoned and now they both have politics in there music, how can u take them seriously?! second of all i hate kurt cobain with a huge passion and yes i know ive heard the lead singer of silverchair is a kurt cobain wannabe, but they atleast had some good tunes that wernt retarded like green days abomination of music. By the way i am a huge AC/DC fan.

haha you are pathetic...you and "jack99" or watever his name is, Green Day and the offspring are pure shit, they do nothing for music, they arent real punk they are pussy pop punk, and used to just sing about fart jokes and getting stoned and now they both have politics in there music, how can u take them seriously?! second of all i hate kurt cobain with a huge passion and yes i know ive heard the lead singer of silverchair is a kurt cobain wannabe, but they atleast had some good tunes that wernt retarded like green days abomination of music. By the way i am a huge AC/DC fan.

You know all punk doesn't have to sound like Sex Pistols. It evolves, just like Rock n' Roll, it doesn't sound like it did back in 50's. I very much doubt you've even heard the early stuff from Offspring or Green Day.

I hate these kind of ignorant posts. IMO, regardless of your taste in music you should be able to see what has made an artist or group great and respect them for that.

Stating that "Kurt Cobain sucks!!!!!" or "Green day are dumb pieces of shit", now that's.. well, maybe not stupid but very ignorant. It only shows how close-minded you are when it comes to music.

Silverchair :D For sure. Mainly cause i now hate greenday. I dont know why they are so good, imo VR's album is a trillion times better and has had no where near the success that american idiot has had.

i agree that vr's album was 10000 times better than american idiot.... however i think Green Day are better than silverchair.

Haha! your arguement wins the day because i am pathetic and retarded :lol:

and this is coming from a Silverchair fan who doesn't like Nirvana! :lol::lol:

that's like saying you dig thrift store cola but can't stand coca cola or pepsi.

I notice you say they 'had' some good tunes, you're talking about them in the past tense, WHERE THE FUCK ARE THEY NOW?!

You also slate GD for their old songs about getting stoned or whatever, but you also slag them down for progressing and singing about current issues, its like, what the fuck do you want them to sing about, fuckin frog stompers or whatever the fuck it is that they USED to sing about?

and this is coming from a Silverchair fan who doesn't like Nirvana!

To be quite honest, the only Silverchair that sounds remotely like Nirvana is the stuff off Frogstomp. Freakshow had signs of it -- But that was all gone by Neon Ballroom.

You can't tell me that Neon Ballroom and Diorama sound anything like Nirvana -- Because they really dont. :rolleyes:

As for me, Silverchair were the first band I ever liked, probably because they formed around here. While Green Day have been a much more successful band, and I don't listen to Silverchair all that much anymore -- I still prefer the music Silverchair make.

So, my vote is for Silverchair.

Plus, Green Day suck. :lol: