Silverchair Vs Green Day

GnRmaniac

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"nunchuck" is definatly a huge dumbass who listens to crappy pop punk and doesn't know shit about good or even decent music.

I pride myself on being a huge dumbass (although i do know how to spell and write!) and the music i listen to is terrible, i wouldnt have it any other way, i like stuff such as The Clash, Nirvana, The Who, The Beatles, The pistols, The Doors, Husker Du, Replacements, Faith No More, Chilli Peppers, isnt that just terrible?!

You like er...Silverchair! who cant hold a fucking candle to a single one of those bands. Im only mentioning OTHER bands because, for some reason, you seem to automatically know which bands i like. Dont talk about what you dont know, it leaves you with egg on your face. :rolleyes:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green day are so losing this, bet they'd be well gutted if they knew  :lol:

I thought Green Day would have a slightly larger fanbase also.

Yeh, just a few million, dont think they're in here though! <_<

silverchair had a fucking huge fan base you idiot, they played in front of 110,000 people many times, massive in south america, australia, america ( back in the day), yes greenday has more fans now, not back in the day, silverchair were not trying to be another Nirvana or kurt, nirvana fucking suck!, anyway silverchair kicked ass, you all know it :D.and yes the living end kick ass too for whoever said that!.

From one idiot to another, have Silverchair ever sold 12 MILLLION copies of one album????!!!! whats that, gone quiet....NO ANSWER! you silly silly person!

Collectively GD must be near the 40 million mark when it comes to total album sales spanning their career, so dude, do yourself a favour and dont embarrass yourself trying to suggest that Silverchair are even on the same planet :lol:

So i ask you, just who the fuck is the idiot here?! :lol:

By the way, it was me that said The Living End rocked! you should really check this stuff before you post and end up looking like a dick. :lol:

From one idiot to another, have Silverchair ever sold 12 MILLLION copies of one album????!!!! whats that, gone quiet....NO ANSWER! you silly silly person!

Collectively GD must be near the 40 million mark when it comes to total album sales spanning their career, so dude, do yourself a favour and dont embarrass yourself trying to suggest that Silverchair are even on the same planet.

So wait.

Because Britney sold more records than Green Day, she's better than them? :rolleyes:

According to your logic based on album sales she is.

silverchair had a fucking huge fan base you idiot, they played in front of 110,000 people many times, massive in south america, australia, america ( back in the day), yes greenday has more fans now, not back in the day, silverchair were not trying to be another Nirvana or kurt, nirvana fucking suck!, anyway silverchair kicked ass, you all know it :D.and yes the living end kick ass too for whoever said that!.

Collectively GD must be near the 40 million mark when it comes to total album sales spanning their career, so dude, do yourself a favour and dont embarrass yourself trying to suggest that Silverchair are even on the same planet :lol:

By the way, it was me that said The Living End rocked! you should really check this stuff before you post and end up looking like a dick. :lol:

i just love selective posters, just like highvoltageacdc said just because they sold more albums doesn't mean there a better band,they have release alot more albums to start, like 15 to silverchairs 4, in those albums they have sold around 7 million , but 2 of those albums he was battling a severely debilitating case of reactive arthritis which means they couldn't tour which also affected sales of the last 2 albums, plus they played in front of 250,000 people at Rock In Rio, and when they get back together they still have age on there side, man come talk to me in ten years when silverchair are still rockin and greenday are in the retirement home.

how does me forgetting that you said the living end rocked make me look like a dick? because i don't spend fucking hours going over posts to make sure i remember every little detail? :rolleyes:.

Just because Green Day are having more success then Silverchair doesn't make Green Day any less shittier then they are.

Amen!

So Green Day sells a lot more records, big deal. Britney Spears sells a lot of records, does that suddenly make her music better then an artist/band that doesn't sell as much or see as much success?

Hell yeah!

Edited by Yamisonic

i just love selective posters, just like highvoltageacdc said just because they sold more albums doesn't mean there a better band,they have release alot more albums to start, like 15 to silverchairs 4, in those albums they have sold around 7 million , but 2 of those albums he was battling a severely debilitating case of reactive arthritis which means they couldn't tour which also affected sales of the last 2 albums, plus they played in front of 250,000 people at Rock In Rio, and when they get back together they still have age on there side, man come talk to me in ten years when silverchair are still rockin and greenday are in the retirement home.

how does me forgetting that you said the living end rocked make me look like a dick? because i don't spend fucking hours going over posts to make sure i remember every little detail? :rolleyes:.

Hey! i didnt even start the 'popularity' arguement but then thats me not being correct, its me being pedantic and spending all day going over posts. We can all throw that accusation around when we make a mistake, cant we? i also wasnt the one to start calling people names, like 'retarded' and 'pathetic' and 'dumbass' but because im outnumbered by about 10 to 1 in this poll, i find myself getting a severe bashing just beacuse i dare to give as good as i get.

The simple truth is green day have lost this poll, good and proper but people are up in arms about me having a strong opinion that swings the other way.

Pathetic.

People have a strong opinion about it because you use illogical arguments. It still doesn't give them the right to start name-calling or attacking you just because of your opinion. I hate Green Day, but I respect your position as a fan.

Nunchuck, nothing you say will change somebody's mind about the bands. Your comments have become annoying now. You're close to not making sense ... This topic is holy crap now.

How am i trying to change anyone's minds?, im simply responding to posts that called me 'retarded', a 'dumbass' and 'pathetic'. Very sorry for having an opinion that differs to all the Silverchair fans that have posted in this topic, but i hate them with a passion, i think they represent everything that is bad about music, fake grunge? i'd rather listen to hair metal.

I find everyone's opinion interesting whether i passionately agree or disagree with them, would it be much of a thread of we just put:

i prefer silverchair

i prefer green day

i prefer sil...and so on

i prefer green day because...

ah, the beauty of debate and discussion :)

p.s in my OPINION the beatles 'revolver' is a better album than the cure's 'disintergration' ;)

People have a strong opinion about it because you use illogical arguments. It still doesn't give them the right to start name-calling or attacking you just because of your opinion. I hate Green Day, but I respect your position as a fan.

I hear ya dude, but again, the arguement about who is more 'popular' was not started by yours truly, i would tell ya who it was but then id be accused of spending hours going over every post :rolleyes:

Nunchuck, nothing you say will change somebody's mind about the bands. Your comments have become annoying now. You're close to not making sense ... This topic is holy crap now.

How am i trying to change anyone's minds?, im simply responding to posts that called me 'retarded', a 'dumbass' and 'pathetic'. Very sorry for having an opinion that differs to all the Silverchair fans that have posted in this topic, but i hate them with a passion, i think they represent everything that is bad about music, fake grunge? i'd rather listen to hair metal.

I find everyone's opinion interesting whether i passionately agree or disagree with them, would it be much of a thread of we just put:

i prefer silverchair

i prefer green day

i prefer sil...and so on

p.s in my OPINION the beatles 'revolver' is a better album than the cure's 'disintergration' ;)

Hmm ... I never really liked Revolver for some reason, its oneo f my least favourite albums. Disintegration is the best thing EVER.

But I wont try to go offtopic, so ...

i prefer silverchair

i prefer green day

i prefer sil...and so on

Hmm ... I never really liked Revolver for some reason, its oneo f my least favourite albums. Disintegration is the best thing EVER.

But I wont try to go offtopic, so ...

sgt pepper's? :)

Just because Green Day are having more success then Silverchair doesn't make Green Day any less shittier then they are. So Green Day sells a lot more records, big deal. Britney Spears sells a lot of records, does that suddenly make her music better then an artist/band that doesn't sell as much or see as much success?

Silverchair can be kind of boring at times, but I'd take a bore-fest much better then a suck-fest (like American Idiot). Before the Green Day fans start forming a mob, I have to say that I have my reasons for hating Green Day.

1. I'm not a fan of their simplistic, shallow music.

2. I'm not a fan of their brand of left-wing garbage spewing out of American Idiot.

3. I'm not a fan of punk music (not that this has anything to do with Greenday because Green Day are a pop-punk/pop-rock band; I'm just saying it's a disadvantage to them considering punk is the genre they're trying to imitate).

4. I despise their "We're the only real rock n' roll band left" attitude they play off in interviews.

5. I'm generally not a fan of their brand of angst which is carefully marketed toward pre-teen/teen girls.

6. I don't know why, but I don't like dudes who wear eyeliner. Maybe it's just a thing I have...like my hatred/fear of clowns.

7. That scowl Billie Joe puts on...ugh...I just wanna smack the angst out of him.

Those are my reasons. They might not be good reasons and you probably think they're wrong reasons, but they're mine regardless. See? I sort of backed up my argument. :drevil:

haha yes

For the record i'm not a fan of either band, I was just interested in what band people liked better.I'm actually surprised to see how close the poll is, I thought Green Day would win be a mile. I went with Silverchair because Green Day annoy me very much.

Edited by GnRmaniac

For the record i'm not a fan of either band, I was just interested in what band people liked better.I'm actually surprised to see how close the poll is, I thought Green Day would win be a mile. I went with Silverchair because Green Day annoy me very much.

silverchair is so underrated.

" nunchuck", nobody cares about your pussy pop punk music I feel like pissing all over a green day album. (but why would i waste the money to buy one in the first place)

You could always steal one. I like Black Flag too, are they pussy punk? do you even know who they are, little boy?! ;)

You really are quite annoyed by me, and green day arent you? that is awesome cause i hate Silverchair very very much.

Isnt it strange how this is all over music? but who was it that started calling names?

i havent really resorted to that yet, have i?...dicklips :kiss:

" nunchuck", nobody cares about your pussy pop punk  music I feel like  pissing all over a green day album. (but why would i waste the money to buy one in the first place)

You could always steal one. I like Black Flag too, are they pussy punk? do you even know who they are, little boy?! ;)

You really are quite annoyed by me, and green day arent you? that is awesome cause i hate Silverchair very very much.

Isnt it strange how this is all over music? but who was it that started calling names?

i havent really resorted to that yet, have i?...dicklips :kiss:

whats your reasons for hating silverhcair again?.