GnR Eras

Carne_asaDA

Which do you perfer as far as seeing GnR live.

Would you perfer the pre appetite era. Axl with big hair and make up rocking the local clubs of L.A.

The appetite era when rocking small arena's and theaters like the Ritz etc....etc..

Use You Illusion tour era......the big circus!!

Or the 1993 Skin and Bones tour....laid back with acoustic set.

That's a tough question. I liked all the eras.

But I guess if I had to choose it would be the Appetite era. I like the idea of smaller clubs and theaters, where the atmosphere is more intimate and you're able to see the band -- their expressions and the way they relate to the fans -- up-close-and-personal. I like that idea.

The thought of watching them from a nosebleed section in a huge stadium (via the UYI days) doesn't get me excited.

Can't say I've ever seen them, but if I had the chance, I would've went for either the Illusions or Skin N' Bones tours.  Especially the Skin N' Bones tour.  (If I understand correctly) no costume changes for Axl, the laid back acoustic set where they just sit in chairs and couches and shit.  I think that would've been awesome.  Plus, on the SN'B, there was no fucking back-up singers and what not.  They get annoying.

I would say the appetite era to answer my own question. They were the IN YOUR FACE rock n roll band. They would rock the small venues, the crowds were wild. Plus the band was more up close and personal.

I think being at the CBGB's show in 10/87 would of been the best.

Ok, first of all....not WAS an era...this IS the era..like it or not....and how am I jumping on the bandwagon???  Please tell me, I'd really like to know....to me it seems that the majority  picks the old lineup over the new line up.....which in turn, would give the definition of "bandwagon."  But I will fogive you for your poor vocabulary skills.  LOL I guess I'm still trying to understand why you two ignorant f*cks take suck offense because I like the new group.  Now, I will leave with a quote from the greatest band leader of all time :

'Cause yesterday's got nothin' for me

Old pictures that I'll always see

Some things could be better

If we'd all just let them be    - W. Axl Rose

and how am I jumping on the bandwagon  Please tell me, I'd really like to know

axlrosegnr, I think INM was referring to Nathan although I may be very wrong.

Take it from the funny side of things, to think gnr are an era at the moment considering Halls evidence (sad but true) is a pretty amusing thought but, as you say axlrosegnr...

this IS the era..like it or not
.  I think a sense of humour and taking most things said with a grain of salt is the quintessential until if/when an album is released.  

I have to agree with Nathan and INM on this one. Sorry Axlrosegnr.

But the question at the top of the thread was not which lineup do you prefer, but which era of live performances do you prefer. And since we've seen very few live performances (only four) in this 'era' and the lineup has changed numerous times, I can't understand how you would prefer this 'era' as the one that best captures and defines GNR's live performance.

Thank you Little Witch

It's not like I dislike the old band or anything,  obviously I love them, that's how I became a fan....I saw them in '93....BUT I realize that they are gone, done and over.

So, in turn, I LOVE the NEW band, because this is what we got, and if it changes again, then I'll love that new band......you call me an Axl lover, yeah, so what, to me personally, I'll always be more intrested in him than anyone else in the band past or present.

• 2 years later...
Duffan Posted on Aug 8 2002, 11:38 AM

Id Definitley go with tha Appetite or pre-appetite era  so Id see them as they were makin the climb to stardom  thatd be the best  :PIMO

I was feeling a bit bored/nostalgic , so I wanted to see my 1st post EVER here , what the hell :D It's a cool topic anyway .

Peace GnR Nation B)

Duffan Posted on Aug 8 2002, 11:38 AM

Id Definitley go with tha Appetite or pre-appetite era  so Id see them as they were makin the climb to stardom  thatd be the best   :PIMO

I was feeling a bit bored/nostalgic , so I wanted to see my 1st post EVER here , what the hell :D It's a cool topic anyway .

Peace GnR Nation B)

awww your first post... and now you're a LEVEL TWO moderator, whatever that means. what's the difference between a moderator and a Level II moderator, anyway?

I wish i was a mod... :(

;D LMAO!  I know, what an idiot.   How can you even start to think that when they hardly even exist.  One member joins, another leaves, no album, no website, no tours, no interviews, no nothin' and axlrosegnr likes it better!! ;D

The funny thing is...........Nathan posted this over 2 years ago and it still remains true.