Type O Negative

DazedandConfused

I know I wrote another topic about the awesome band Type O Negative,

and I wasn't really sure what section to put this little tea party thread in, but I think that Axl should've asked them to open on the UYI tour. Imagine having them and NiN opening for GNR on a leg of that tour, that woulda been awesome. Especially that around '91-93 they were getting pretty popular it would have worked good both ways: GNR would've had a more expanded audience (fans of TON) and TOP would've been more successful. Anyone agree?

I have seen Type O Negative a few times and they suffer from not having the kind of money needed to put on these caliber shows. Roadrunner Records has never put much money into promoting them. It is amazing how many albums they have sold considering they get almost no airtime on mtv or radio. Bloody Kisses was their only platinum record, most others have gone gold or over. The After Dark home video/DVD has gone gold. I constantly look for media about TON and it is very hard to find, even back then. TON got to tour with Motley in the mid ninties. It was a arena tour, most shows were only half sold, it was durring the time when Jon Corabi was singing with Motley.

The best gig they have had since then was Ozzfest sometime around 97'. Usually they play small theators or large clubs. It really breaks my heart that they have not been invited back to Ozzfest. They belong there more than most nu-metal crap these last years. I swear, I fell asleep durring Chevelle's performance the year I went.

I guess my point is, TON just dosen't have that kind of luck. They are fated to remain one of the biggest underground bands of all time. It is unbelieveable that of all the bands from the 90's Type O Negative have never called it quits. It's like they are the imortal undead.

I heard 'I don't wanna be me' and it is a great song. I don't really like the singers voice but on their cover of 'Highway Star' they play very professionally.

I don't wanna be me is not a great song, they have got so many more better songs.

TON could have released "Anesthesia" as a video. I feel they are playing up the humor to get more air time. It kind of pisses me off. I didn't like the video, I had to download it to see it, and I only watched it once. This is my favorite band I'm talking about here. I try to be objective and fair, but it just didn't work for me.

The title track "Life is Killing Me" would have worked well as a single too.