Greatest Song Ever?

The Third Man

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt know you liked electronic, Snake  ;)

Haha not a lot of people do B)

One of my friends is an electronic freak ... Well most of them are, so its not much of a surprise. I asked him about that song, and he said, "It's cool".

The best song of all time is Blowin' In The Wind by Bob Dylan.

cant say, theres too many with different merits. dont really know what the term 'greastest' would convey in a musical sense. it would have to be a song that everyone agreed on above all others and for it to ascribe a certain amount of meaning to the modern era. so with that in mind - girls girls girls.

ha no, not really, probably stairway to heaven or something equally or more as iconic

Bohemian..

And you say Jennon's "Imagine" is over-rated..?

:blink:

Each to their own but think about this for a moment. Bohemian Rhapsody broke boundaries in rock music. It is an epic masterpiece with operatic acapella's beyootifully melodic guitar solos and poignant singing and piano playing. Compare all those aspects with Imagine and Imagine is a piece of piss. It's dull, monotonus and repetitive, one thing Bo Rhap never is (unless it played over and over again lol yes we know :rolleyes:) and Lennon aint that great a singer either ....IMO! Whereas freddie's voice is on a variety of levels and as powerful as fuck.

Bohemian Rhapsody broke boundaries in rock music.

No. But it's good.

Well, I accept its kick-ass but I really dont like it. I dont know why. But youve got to accept when a song is good.

:rolleyes: it's the lennon comment i made aint it? :P i'm sorry ;)

No, actually I didnt read it. I may have. Bohemian Rhapsody is indeed a classic, but it hasnt got enough of "what it takes" to break music boundaries. Of course, it all comes down to each one's opinion. For example, I believe "Tomorrow Never Knows" by the Beatles broke musical boundaries. For most people, it didn't.

But an example of one who did universally was Led Zeppelin's Stairway To Heaven, or, (and this is not because I'm a Beatles fan) I Want To Hold Your Hand, which changed everybody's lives back in the 60's.

There are way too many songs to list (I can't pick just one). So I will list a few from my favorite bands. Also I'am bored at work right now so making a list will give me something to do. :lol:

Sublime:

1. Poolshark

2. STP

3. Perfect World (Bootleg only)

4. Pass Me The Lazerbeam (Bootleg only)

5. Great Stone Freestyle (Bootleg only)

Blind Melon:

1. Change

2. Soul One

3. Mother (Bootleg only)

4. Whoa Dog (Bootleg only)

5. Ever Had That Feeling (Bootleg only)

Guns N' Roses:

1. Coma

2. Don't Cry w/ Shanoon Hoon (Bootleg only)

3. Dead Flowers (Bootleg only)

4. Breakdown

5. Right Next Door To Hell

Aerosmith:

1. Hangman Jury - Unplugged

2. Walkin' The Dog - Unplugged

3. Love Me Two Times - Unplugged

4. Smokestack Lightning - Unplugged

5. Train Kept A Rollin' - Unplugged

Red Hot Chilli Peppers:

1. Under The Bridge - Acoustic

2. Aeroplane - Demo