Does anyone ever think GNR

wasted

i prefer it to the original, but i would - i prefer rock to carefully crafted pieces of music born from the heart of the writer. prefer a bit of flare, a bit of showmanship you know.

man when slash hit the first bend of the final solo its an air guitar moment, for me anyway and i prefer that to sitting and strumming.

just me that

i agree david byrne is a wicked fella - except he did wicked and lazy which came out two or three years back. yo know- 'iiiiiiiiiiiii'mmmmm wicked and im laaaaaazy, oooohhhhh ohhhhhh, dont you want to saaaaaaaaaaave me'

Edited by Big Boy Sixx

Guns N' Roses did a good job covering "Knockin' On Heaven's Door". It's probably the band's best cover. Is it better than Bob Dylan's version? In my opinion, no. When I see GN'R's version make someone cry, maybe I'll change my mind. Bob Dylan's original version of "KOHD" is incredibly powerful.

GNR's best cover is Nice Boys. They gave that song a kick up the ass. They also totally "roughly entered" the original of Down on the Farm.

I need that Lazy song by Byrne. Can I download it?

What's the best record for Talking Heads?

I hate the way GNR turned KOHD into a stadium sing along. It's needs delicate hands.

Sorry, but no one should ever cover Bob. His songs lose all their meaning. I guess KOHD is okay, because as far as Dylan songs go, its one of the most simplistic. ^_^

But the day I see some big new rock band (even Gn'R) cover a song like "Like a Rolling Stone".. :anger:

Sorry, but no one should ever cover Bob. His songs lose all their meaning. I guess KOHD is okay, because as far as Dylan songs go, its one of the most simplistic. ^_^

But the day I see some big new rock band (even Gn'R) cover a song like "Like a Rolling Stone".. :anger:

I think All Along The Watchtower is better by Jimi.

I think they improved Live and Let Die cos McCartney couldn't have written that song he must have stolen it from someone.

McCartney wrote it, you cumbucket.

Oh, and GN'R butchered virtually every song they covered. Knocking On Heaven's Door is a superb song - but having Axl croon over the track sucks all credibility from the song.