Coldplay new album today

uzeurilluzion

I agree with SofaKing. I really don't like Chris Martin's voice. I think it's horrible. Always the high whiny thing, never any just singing.

Otherwise, Coldplay are not bad at all. I have their first two albums.

But another thing I do not like about them is the way that in many of their songs, they just strum the same chord over and over and over in the same straight steady pattern, always a downstroke, never switching up the strumming pattern. That's one thing about their style I can't stand.

Those are my criticisms, but I DO listen to them and enjoy them, don't get me wrong. Nothing wrong with a few criticisms for anyone.

But the thing about being a "perfect album"... BULL!! That would be bull for anyone! Perfection doesn't exist, I don't care who made the album.

I think Chris has a great voice. All the critisizms against coldplay are unwarranted. They are a great band, they are the next U2, just not as gay, and as try hardish. Bono thinks he fronts the greatest band that has ever lived, when in fact they are shit, and have written the corniest songs of all time.

I'm downloading the new coldplay album now, ill give it a good listen. I've just given up on the foo fighters album, my conclusion is its absolute crap! Out of exile is acceptable. Lets hope X&Y is really good

I think Chris has a great voice. All the critisizms against coldplay are unwarranted. They are a great band, they are the next U2, just not as gay, and as try hardish. Bono thinks he fronts the greatest band that has ever lived, when in fact they are shit, and have written the corniest songs of all time.

I'm downloading the new coldplay album now, ill give it a good listen. I've just given up on the foo fighters album, my conclusion is its absolute crap! Out of exile is acceptable. Lets hope X&Y is really good

I love how you say you love Coldplay and that they are the next U2, then you go on to diss U2.

Yeh fair enough. Maybe there wasnt enough clarity ther, but i was trying to say is their music is similiar. They deliver messages through their music, its the best way i can put it, and it is very sentimental just like U2, but in a much less generic and cornier way...

Probably one of the most boring bands to hit the mainstream since Keane and Maroon 5.

1. They hit the mainstream before.

2. Have you heard the song "Shiver"? You would not call them generic if you had heard some of their best work.

3. Keane are a big pile of steaming dog cack so at least we agree on something.

Why has it become so chic to hate Coldplay??

Oh well, I totally dig their music. I bought their cd yesterday, and I have their other two discs as well.

Exactly the same here RK! B)

Damn, Ron.... could you get any cooler?? B)

I love how you say you love Coldplay and that they are the next U2, then you go on to diss U2.

I love how much he raves on about Coldplay being great then downloads the album instead of buying the cd.

Probably one of the most boring bands to hit the mainstream since Keane and Maroon 5.

i wouldn't go that far, but i agree maroon 5 and keane are utter crap.

I don't really mind coldplay. I have two of their album, but haven't yet bought new one, but might do after i've heard a bit more. There are quite a few things i don't like about coldplay though:

1)chris marins lyrics - cliches, cornie.....

2)the bands obsession with "make trade free" - i just don't care, but more importantly whenever a debate is happening on the issue, chris turns up and often contributes very very little.

I don't like Coldplay because really they just seem like U2 copoffs and they probably think they are the next U2. I liked some of thier songs off the parachutes album but the stuff thats played on the radio and on MTV is just terrible. Speed of Sounds video is so damn annoying.