Do you like Mainstream 'Rock' music?

swlabr

Do you like Mainstream 'Rock' music?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think mainstream rock has gone to an all-time low.

All these people are poseurs. These bands; Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, Modern day Green Day, Yellowcard...

Ahh! They drive me mad. To me, the last two Rock n' Roll bands of modern times are:

The Black Crowes and VR! But that's just me :ph34r:

Please, Kiddie Pop-Rock should be banned :angry:

Edited by War_Pig

White Stripes

Interpol

Jet

Velvet Revolver

Audioslave

School of Rock (hahaha, no seriously if they actually did originals theyd kick almost everybodys ass on todays music scene)

and im on edge with these last two just cause i love the guitar riffs and solos

Sum 41

Thrice

and thats about it

yes i do..

got a problem?

me too!

I love GREEN DAY!! Great band with 16 years of band history. They earned their success and they are fucking great as a live band!!

I don't give a rats ass if a band I like is successful/mainstream or not. It's whether I like the music and the sound or not.

I'm not like all those idiot who are like "oh my god, this could be mainstream so I'm not supposed to like it". :lol: That's just ridiculous.

Actually I am happy for Green Day and their huge success. They deserve it!

Lots of stuff I've heard that is not mainstream is also just crap. ;)

All these people are poseurs. These bands; Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, Modern day Green Day, Yellowcard...

Ahh! They drive me mad. To me, the last two Rock n' Roll bands of modern times are:

All those bands that you have mentioned (apart from greenday) are not mainstream in the UK at the moment.

Edited by Careful_With_That_Axe_Eugene

Sounds to me like you don't know what you're talking about.... To start with can you define Mainstream 'Rock' music for me? Can you also tell me what's more important to you, how the band looks and what they do or their music?

I think you're being prejudiced. Far from everything out today is good but it's not all crap. Don't listen to what everyone one else say, get your own opinion!

yes i do..

got a problem?

me too!

I love GREEN DAY!! Great band with 16 years of band history. They earned their success and they are fucking great as a live band!!

I don't give a rats ass if a band I like is successful/mainstream or not. It's whether I like the music and the sound or not.

I'm not like all those idiot who are like "oh my god, this could be mainstream so I'm not supposed to like it". :lol: That's just ridiculous.

Actually I am happy for Green Day and their huge success. They deserve it!

Lots of stuff I've heard that is not mainstream is also just crap. ;)

I agree. As for Green Day, great live band and has alyways gone their own way. They deserve this.

Sounds to me like you don't know what you're talking about.... To start with can you define Mainstream 'Rock' music for me? Can you also tell me what's more important to you, how the band looks and what they do or their music?

What im saying is that today's music is not as good as it was years ago. There was a time when many of these bands had talent. Green Day for example. I don't dislike them. I just wish they would have stuck to their roots. I prefer the early 90's green day.

Rock is rock. It is a culture that we have been making better over the years. In the sixties we had The Beatles. 70's Led Zep. 80's, The Crue and Guns N' Roses. These bands from modern times don't have talent, or at least not enough of it. I'm sure they can do better. Sum 41 was once a poppy "punk" band. Now they are more Metal, if that is the proper term to use.

To me, Jack99, whats more important to me is the music. And none of these Mainstream bands show me that they have the skills to be called a Rock N Roll band. Guitar playing is mediocore (sp?) and song writing is sad. What is this Emo we have out now? It's the worst thing that has happened to Rock music. These bands full of 20 year old depressed kids that have nothing better to sing about except how their parents don't love them! If you want to find decent Rock music you have to go underground. Ever heard of Avenged Sevenfold? Best Nu Metal band I've heard in a while. They have great talent, excellent drum playing, awesome guitar playing. Listen to Second Heartbeat and Darkness Surrounding. While you're at it, but "Sounding the Seventh Trumpet"

So to end my bullshit talking, It's not that I totally hate the bands out now. Just that they dont have the power and definately dont have the respect to be called a rock n roll band. Therefore, I think mainstream music has hit an all time low. I give them their props. CONGRATS! But don't come crying to me when their music and popularity dies out.

To end this semi-rant;

The last true to their roots rock n roll bands of modern times are VR and The Black Crowes. If we don't get more bands like this, Kiss RnR goodbye :kiss:

Later people ;)

EDIT: Don't get all pissy on me, just trying to speak my opinion! We can still do that right? :lol:

Edited by War_Pig

Once in a while I hear a good song from a current 'mainstream' rock band. A lot of times I hear songs that I think are terrible. It's just a matter of opinion, though. Although I'm not into Green Day at all, a lot of people like them. That doesn't bother me at all. To each their own, you know? But no, today's rock music scene doesn't do much for me. As far as current music goes, you will probably find me listening to more current rap and country songs than rock or punk.

yes i do..

got a problem?

uhhh...ya

all that hooray for tolerance! emo and poser punk (not real punk) is destroying music and a i FUCKING HATE IT :fuckyou::fuckyou::fuckyou::fuckyou::fuckyou:

all you other guys are right that the darkness, VR, Jet(wich remind me of the beatles), and them are the only true rock and roll artists left :(

yes i do..

got a problem?

uhhh...ya

all that hooray for tolerance! emo and poser punk (not real punk) is destroying music and a i FUCKING HATE IT :fuckyou::fuckyou::fuckyou::fuckyou::fuckyou:

all you other guys are right that the darkness, VR, Jet(wich remind me of the beatles), and them are the only true rock and roll artists left :(

jets most famous song is basically a copy of iggy pops!

they suck

and i have my own musical taste, so go and screw your mum :fuckyou:

Audioslave are the only "real" rock band i like, well of modern times of course.

by this i mean, they are my favourite band who has formed in like the past 5 years or so.

there are many other great bands out there, but they are the only newly formed band i liked (oh yeah, and VR are good too, but gone of them a bit)

I was never into any kind of mainstream really.

I mean music, clothes, lifestyle etc.

I don't mind it really, it's fine it's around and it's just good people are different.

And ha, I never found Velvet Revolver or Jet (since they were mentioned..) anything special.

In my opinion they sound very mainstream, and not really anything different to all these other bands that's around today.

Music that is known today is mainstream I think, but many local things are alternative, it's jsut about finding them really.

Edited by Lindy

I don't even know what mainstream rock is. There's no point even bothering looking. The best bands will come through in time. New stuff? Try The Coral for Pyschedelia, NIN for metal, maybe White Stripes newie, Libertines if you like The Smiths crossed with Sid Viscious, Manic Street Preachers for some oddball shit, what else, Queens of the Stone Age for 3am Eternal, Megadeth for retroballs, Stiff Upper Lip was another good AC/DC album, Oasis? Havent heard new one, Coldplay blow!!! er, er ok I'm out.