Greatest Rock Lyricists

johnezz

The Greatest Rock Lyricist:  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

uhh...Axl Rose would be above all of these people on the list. But of the people who are on the list it would definately have to be Roger Waters

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol firstly theres no way Axl is a better Lyricist than these people on the list, yes he had some great lyrics, but only in about 4 songs, these 10 guys had consistantly very high quality lyrics.

Secondly this is a GnR forum, people are biased, and Axl would unfairly win the vote.

uhh...Axl Rose would be above all of these people on the list. But of the people who are on the list it would definately have to be Roger Waters

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol firstly theres no way Axl is a better Lyricist than these people on the list, yes he had some great lyrics, but only in about 4 songs, these 10 guys had consistantly very high quality lyrics.

Secondly this is a GnR forum, people are biased, and Axl would unfairly win the vote.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's all based on opinion and personal experience. For example I can relate to coma and estranged, so in my opinion axl's the best. I know people are biased so I understand why you didnt add Axl.

Edited by Sprite

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's all based on opinion and personal experience. For example I can relate to coma and estranged, so in my opinion axl's the best. I know people are biased so I understand why you didnt add Axl.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats, cool i repect your opinion, and im glad you see why i didnt add Axl in.

I would have to agree that people like Lyrics because of the way they relate to them, Yet there are Lyricist that you can't deny their sheer talent, Pink Floyd - Time for example, no one canm relate to it in a personal sence, yet it is a lyrical masterpiece.

Ha.

Mand you don't know what you'd get if you once sat down and learned Danish.

Eik Skaløe

Leif Roden

Vogel

Tømrerclaus

Hans Vinding

I don't know who writes in Gong, but Gong's lyrics rule.

Some Airplane can be good.

But yeah, I never liked these lyrics that you can relate to so openly.

Just for the record: Axl writes very good lyrics, but still in no way compares to any of these three!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah right. Axl is better than any of those.

But I'll go for Dylan.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol:

Oh wait, you're serious..

No dude, he isn't...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i know! i was gonna say the same thing :lol:

i'm sick of people thinking axl's the greatest thing since sliced bob dylan...get over it :angry:

i think that pete brown (from cream) and robert hunter (from the dead) could've made it to the list...but dylan still would kick their asses...

TAMBOURINE MAN!

Edited by stevGNR666

hehehe, since when did Bob Dylan get sliced? haha :P

But yeah, your right, some hardcore GnR fans can tend to overrate their favourite artists a little too much.

Dont get me wrong, i love GnR, they would be my 2nd favourite band, but lately i think The Who might of pushed GnR to 3rd. Man, gotta love The Who.

hehehe, since when did Bob Dylan get sliced? haha :P

But yeah, your right, some hardcore GnR fans can tend to overrate their favourite artists a little too much.

Dont get me wrong, i love GnR, they would be my 2nd favourite band, but lately i think The Who might of pushed GnR to 3rd.  Man, gotta love The Who.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeh the who are class

people think Axl is better than these people... hahaha...

not one good lyric on AFD. Maybe three songs worth a mention on the UYI's. nothing worth mention on Lies.

Yet Axl is still better than the man who wrote genius concept albums such as The Wall, Animals, and The Pros and Cons of Hitch-hiking :rolleyes:

people think Axl is better than these people... hahaha...

not one good lyric on AFD. Maybe three songs worth a mention on the UYI's. nothing worth mention on Lies.

Yet Axl is still better than the man who wrote genius concept albums such as The Wall, Animals, and The Pros and Cons of Hitch-hiking  :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

don't forget The Final Cut! paranoid eyes + the gunners dream :wub:

and for dylan...the protest albums of the early 60s another side of dylan, the freewheelin' bob dylan...and the masterful highway 61 revisited :D some great words man...