Rock and Roll lost

gunrunner

Do people generally think that rock and roll is dead and not coming back, or do you believe that is has just morphed into what we have today? In my heart of hearts, I believe that it is coming back - the question is when. Hearing Velvet Revolver Fall to Pieces certainly sent chills up my spine. If only the vocalist had been W. Axl Rose, the "rock and roll nirvana" that we heard with Sweet Child O' Mine would be complete.

I have to think that the time for the artists of the 80s and 90s that most of us relate to are reaching the point of not being able to reclaim any of their former glory if they don't do it soon. So I have to wonder if the next wave or "real" rock & roll will include the earlier artists or a complete new wave of performers.

I can say this quite clearly: Other than Velvet Revolver, I do not hear any truly creative, spine-tingling bluesy guitar rock coming out any more.

I, for one, am not giving up hope - the world of music needs all forms, and right now we are damn short on good R&R! Axl may or may not be the one to save it - if he is, then we have to hope he comes back soon.

Do people generally think that rock and roll is dead and not coming back, or do you believe that is has just morphed into what we have today? In my heart of hearts, I believe that it is coming back - the question is when. Hearing Velvet Revolver Fall to Pieces certainly sent chills up my spine. If only the vocalist had been W. Axl Rose, the "rock and roll nirvana" that we heard with Sweet Child O' Mine would be complete.

I have to think that the time for the artists of the 80s and 90s that most of us relate to are reaching the point of not being able to reclaim any of their former glory if they don't do it soon. So I have to wonder if the next wave or "real" rock & roll will include the earlier artists or a complete new wave of performers.

I can say this quite clearly: Other than Velvet Revolver, I do not hear any truly creative, spine-tingling bluesy guitar rock coming out any more.

I, for one, am not giving up hope - the world of music needs all forms, and right now we are damn short on good R&R! Axl may or may not be the one to save it - if he is, then we have to hope he comes back soon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wrong section...try "my world"

welcome to the forum by the way.

i couldn't give a damn about the current state of music...so...yeah...i'll go and listen to my zep and dead albums and nobody's gonna stop me rock2

I think it is coming back, and we are already seeing the first signs of it with bands like Velvet Revolver becoming popular again. Of course what we really need are some new bands. I don't consider VR new cause the players arn't.

We just need another super band to come around like Nirvana, GNR, or Metallica, to usher in a new era of rock n' roll. We need people who can actually play well. I think somewhere along the line it started being cool to not play that well, Nirvana (who's guitar riffs are super easy) is partly to blame for that. Even Slash seems to have dumbed down a lot of his playing on Contraband. I think the time has come for another "guitar hero" to take center stage and show us how it's down like Jimmy Hendrix did years ago.

I've heard enough repetitive rap beats and mindless strumming to last a life time. I feel like most current music is "swimming in a sea of musical retardation,"-Spinal Tap and its time for a change.

I've heard enough repetitive rap beats and mindless strumming to last a life time. I feel like most current music is "swimming in a sea of musical retardation,"-Spinal Tap and its time for a change.

yes i completely agree with you. rap is shitty and punk is just retarded and annoying and pisses me off. (ok new rock whatever you call it).

fine i guess im starting a band now anyway so ill bring rock n roll back for you guys. :)

I, for one, am not giving up hope - the world of music needs all forms, and right now we are damn short on good R&R!

I totally agree, R&R really needs to come back full force. It scratching and crawling it's way back into mainstream and it's not there yet. I agree, I hope Axl can add to this as well. I personally don't the like the mainstream music of today and I am hoping for a full rock n roll reunion of sorts, new bands and old bands to fill the radio waves once again rock2

rock keeps changing but it will never go away. it has always changed over the past 50 or so years and kept coming back strong. It just needs to be reinvented again because as rock fans we have pretty much heard everything up to this point. I've been waiting for the world(especially in the states) to get sick of rap/hip hop, but with rock we have heard pretty much every sound imaginable that you can make with a guitar and some amazing vocalists that are near impossible to follow. so it's tough to find a new image to inspire a new rock revolution. I think that people are hungry for some new flavor even though we don't know what it is yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for chin/dem and waiting to hear the new VR disc, but it always takes something new to kick the world in the ass...

What's this monkey business going on today?

You music business whores are all about just getting paid.

You throw your shit against the wall and see it doesn't stick.

Been tired of standin' round and watchin' while you make me sick.

You hide and choke on all the issues of your time.

You'll never save the world if all you do is whine.

To tell the truth I think it's best you step aside.

'Cause real rock 'n roll ain't never gonna die.

rock3rock3 rock1

Guest Conga Fissure

01 Coldplay, X&Y

02 The Black Eyed Peas, Monkey Business

03 The White Stripes, Get Behind Me Satan

04 Shakira, Fijacion Oral Vol. 1

05 Mariah Carey, The Emancipation Of Mimi 2

06 System Of A Down, Mezmerize

07 Toby Keith, Honkytonk University

08 Gwen Stefani, Love. Angel. Music. Baby

09 Kelly Clarkson, Breakaway 2

10 Audioslave, Out Of Exile

?

01 Coldplay, X&Y

02 The Black Eyed Peas, Monkey Business

03 The White Stripes, Get Behind Me Satan

04 Shakira, Fijacion Oral Vol. 1

05 Mariah Carey, The Emancipation Of Mimi  2

06 System Of A Down, Mezmerize

07 Toby Keith, Honkytonk University

08 Gwen Stefani, Love. Angel. Music. Baby

09 Kelly Clarkson, Breakaway  2

10 Audioslave, Out Of Exile

?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm, White Stripes, Coldplay, Audioslave and SOAD. Only reckon WS and Audioslave are rnr out of those, and that's only because there isn't a better word to describe them.

I don't think real rock is coming back quite yet. I think in the Uk, culture is changing because people want to seem un-chav-like. Unfortunately, I think it's leading to people liking stuff such as Franz Ferdinand, Funeral for a friend, and Kaiser chiefs. I am 16, and at the crue concert last night, and I saw about 15 people my age, and hundreds over 30, not the critical market.

Maybe chidem could be the big kick in the ass music needs. Just like afd was.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's coming back and the band that bring it back is Odius from sweden rock3

I agree that the best of the best were better back in the day, but to say randr is dead makes you sound like an old fogey. People forget how bad the bad bands were in the day... for every GnR there was Firehouse, Warrant, and Trixter, for every Zeppelin there were the Monkeys.

Rock and roll ain't never gonna die, but at the moment it is noise pollution.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it will never be noise pollution. The only thing that is noise pollution is this rap crap and pop shit that floods the radio and tv.

I agree that the best of the best were better back in the day, but to say randr is dead makes you sound like an old fogey.  People forget how bad the bad bands were in the day... for every GnR there was Firehouse, Warrant, and Trixter, for every Zeppelin there were the Monkeys.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(Probally never heard a Firehouse,Warrant,or Trixter song in their LIVES)Look it's all about the money,these crap bands out today are nothing but PHONIES,these stupid record labels and producers are controlling,brainwashing these kids to like certain stuff,these bands probally get nothing,it's all going to the rich bitches,oh yea that's what we call the United States of America,proud to be a citizin.DO MUSIC AND ENTERTAINMENT A FAVOR or FAVOUR-STOP WATCHING MTV AND STOP LISTENING TO THE RADIO!

Rock and roll ain't never gonna die, but at the moment it is noise pollution.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it will never be noise pollution. The only thing that is noise pollution is this rap crap and pop shit that floods the radio and tv.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where i come from Rap aint floodin the tv in fact rock is on a lot more than rap and pop i think rap is slowly dying out so let's party :krider:

Guest katie

There are many types of rock and roll, you can't just say it is dead. It may lacking some originality in the mainstream, but look deeper underground.

Well personal I don't think Rock is dead, its slowly coming back with Velvet Revolver but then theres band like Good Charotte and Green Day, I know they aint what we want but its a start, I wouldnt call Green Day the next best thing but its properbly the best new band around 2dae even tho Im no fan of Punk