Oasis

Menswear

Shed Seven

Manic Street Preachers

Suede

Denim

Stone Roses

Mock Turtles

I think Blur are my favorite cos without them the genre wouldn't exist.

Modern Life is Rubbish is the best Brit Pop album. Before the cocaine and the Met Bar took over this was an album which encapsulated England in the early 90s.

Oasis I think are like the new Motorhead. They'll be churning out Oasis Albums until the end of time. They are Brit Metal.

That's a tough one.

Suede.I remember going to see them play at the Limelight in Belfast and they were amazing.

When the whole Blur v Oasis kicked off,I was more of a Blur fan and a closet Oasis fan.I went through stages with both.I love what Damon has done with Gorillaz.

The Manic Street Preachers,lost something for me when Richie went walk abouts.Lately I am listening to Gold Against The Soul.I love that album.Very underrated I think and one of their best imo.

Stone Roses,The Happy Mondays and Primal Scream were the true instigators of this genre,the above followed their lead and did it in their own style and left their mark.

what about The La's.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

they wenr'nt really part of britpop which really began from 93 and ended in 97.

i think they were definitely a major influence on many bands from that era though.

especially oasis.

another great britpop band is supergrass. they were amazing!

Edited by IzzySixx

what about The La's.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think they were definitely a major influence on many bands from that era though.

especially oasis.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

have you heard looking glass by the las? one of the best songs ever.

what about The La's.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

especially oasis.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

have you heard looking glass by the las? one of the best songs ever.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no i haven't heard it. i haven't heard many songs by them to be honest.

they recently re-united did you hear about it?

I dunno I kinda like Adam and the Ants. "staaaaand and delivuuuugh!" ;) it's sort of eccentric and wild music that cheers ya up and gets you moving. Sort of like Scissor Sisters. It's good music but not music to be listened to all the time or it drives you crazy :P

Blue beat oasis hands down. Oasis didn't have nearly as much to say, and sounded more like a generic rock band than anything else. Blur embody the spirit of britpop far better. They may not still be around, but were around long enough that that doesn't really matter, and ended because they though it was time to move on. Oasis are past their time and still peddling the same old stuff. Name me two of blurs hits that sound as similar as some of the oasis stuff. Oasis never really did anything original, and their sound never really evolved. Oasis were simply more radio friendly.

Edited by Maddergascar