Ride the Lightning

pistol

What's the best song on RTL?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Time for me to go off again.

Fight Fire With Fire-What a great intro, its unique. The whole song itself echoes a style from Kill 'Em All with a bit of new influence mainly from Kirk's Guitar style. Notice the difference between his style and that of Dave's which is primarly in Kill Em' All. So in all-a leftover from Kill 'Em All, with some improved musicship. Heavy thrash riff. Great opener.

Ride the Lightning-The title track itself is worthy of the album's name. In Ride the Lightning is where we first see what a true form Metallica riff is like, it still echoes some Thrash but the intro being high pitched, with the tempo of a thrash riff slowed down a bit. Again Kirk styled solo-Fast-then with feeling before going fast again and then again with feeling, listen to the song around 3:26 to get the feeling.

For Whom the Bell Tolls-Cliff's Bass intro confused me for a guitar, what a man he was. Unique approach to the song with a slower style, much slower but still good. The lyrics are based off a Ernest Hemingway book, it talks about life in a war. The lyrics are rhymed better then other usual Metallica songs. The end solo harks such a Slayer kinda sound if you notice.

Fade to Black-RTL Crowning Jewel, great solo into with harmonic acoustics. This song has been acredited to saving people's lives. They felt before they commited suicide, they wanted to here this song one last time, infact after listening to the song, they felt they'd give life a second chance. The song progresses to an epic climax, listen to the lyrics here-they are poweerful.

Trapped Under Ice-This is the most underrated song on the album. Great lyrics and a med good beat tempo. Somewhat like another "Ride the Lightning". Infact it may be a little faster. Great song

Escape-What the hell Metallica? Out of all the songs, I really don't liek this song, repetitive. IMO very very very bland and flat.

Creeping Death-Wow, this is such a great love song. It's fast , it's heavy. They make you want to chant "DIE, DIE!' in the chorus, great solo work by Kirk. Great song.

Call of Ktulu-Second best intrumental (next to Orion on MOP, IMO) I can't describe it in words, which maybe the best way to describe this song, because it's instrumental.

All this was written by me, I hope you all enjoyed my rant.

I really like Fade to Black and The Call of Ktulu

Has anyone heard the GNR song the Garden  with Alice Cooper

dumb question but just wondering

o yea i died today if anyone cares

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, a forum filled with Guns N' Roses members has never heard of The Garden.

I vote Fade to Black.

call of the ktulu and fade to black. call of the ktulu is amazing, my favorite metallica instrumental (mustaines if you didn't know). and of course fade to black.

Escape-What the hell Metallica? Out of all the songs, I really don't liek this song, repetitive. IMO very very very bland and flat.

I like this song, a little more melodic that we normally see Metallica, but that's not a bad thing. RtL is my favorite Metallica album, I can listen to it anytime, anyday. Not many albums are like that with me.

Time for me to go off again.

Fight Fire With Fire-What a great intro, its unique. The whole song itself echoes a style from Kill 'Em All with a bit of new influence mainly from Kirk's Guitar style. Notice the difference between his style and that of Dave's which is primarly in Kill Em' All. So in all-a leftover from Kill 'Em All, with some improved musicship. Heavy thrash riff. Great opener.

Ride the Lightning-The title track itself is worthy of the album's name. In Ride the Lightning is where we first see what a true form Metallica riff is like, it still echoes some Thrash but the intro being high pitched, with the tempo of a thrash riff slowed down a bit. Again Kirk styled solo-Fast-then with feeling before going fast again and then again with feeling, listen to the song around 3:26 to get the feeling.

For Whom the Bell Tolls-Cliff's Bass intro confused me for a guitar, what a man he was. Unique approach to the song with a slower style, much slower but still good. The lyrics are based off a Ernest Hemingway book, it talks about life in a war. The lyrics are rhymed better then other usual Metallica songs. The end solo harks such a Slayer kinda sound if you notice.

Fade to Black-RTL Crowning Jewel, great solo into with harmonic acoustics. This song has been acredited to saving people's lives. They felt before they commited suicide, they wanted to here this song one last time, infact after listening to the song, they felt they'd give life a second chance. The song progresses to an epic climax, listen to the lyrics here-they are poweerful.

Trapped Under Ice-This is the most underrated song on the album. Great lyrics and a med good beat tempo. Somewhat like another "Ride the Lightning". Infact it may be a little faster. Great song

Creeping Death-Wow, this is such a great love song. It's fast , it's heavy. They make you want to chant "DIE, DIE!' in the chorus, great solo work by Kirk. Great song.

Call of Ktulu-Second best intrumental (next to Orion on MOP, IMO) I can't describe it in words, which maybe the best way to describe this song, because it's instrumental.

All this was written by me, I hope you all enjoyed my rant.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow dude, greatly written review! I can agree with almost everything in there. Except Fade To Black has ended one kids life too, not saved...

My 2 favorite tracks are Ride the Lightning and Escape.

RTL-The dynamics of this song are great: The harmonized intro, tempo changes left and right, and one of the greatest guitar solos ever.

Escape- Totally different from anything else on the album. On all Metallica albums the songs fit well with one another, but this track really comes out of nowhere. This is probably the band's most under-rated song.