Did anyone here see the old GNR live??

Gallagher Rose

I'm curious cuz most of the people here are young fans..I'm almost 26 and went to see them 3 times.

The first one was in 1991 (Rock in Rio 2),the second in december 1992..both here in Rio.The third one was Rock in rio 3,but that was the new band.

Edited by bucketheadisgod

I didn't, but my Dad did quite a few times,

Here is just a list of the shows I know he was at for sure.

12.17.87 - Roy Wilkins Auditorium, St. Paul, MN

01.21.92 - Target Center, Minneapolis, MN?01.22.92 - Target Center, Minneapolis, MN

04.09.92 - Rosemont Horizon, Rosemont, IL?09.15.92 - Metrodome, Minneapolis, MN?03.20.93 - Carver-Hawkeye Arena, Iowa City, IA

03.21.93 - Fargo Dome, Fargo, ND

There is some more, but I'm not sure of the dates.

The first one was in 1991 (Rock in Rio 2)

You should realise how lucky you are to have attended such a great event.

If you have any good stories from the shows you should post your review of it in the past concerts section ;)

And on topic yeah of course I would of wanted to see them live if I was old enough at the time (I was only 5 or 6).

::BR::

Twice in 91-92.

And my sister saw their 1988 "Texas Jam" performance where they opened for INXS, were pissed, played like four songs and walked off stage. I think Axl mooned the crowd, can't remember exactly but not a high point for them.

I saw the first show after the St Loius riots, it was before Illusions came out. Skid Row played at 8:00, then a couple of hours rolled by, it got dark, fans started throwing stuff, chairs and so on. I turned to my friend and said "If they don't come out soon, there will be another riot tonight!" Just when I said that the lights went out, and the first notes of Jungle were played. Of course the place was so jacked up by that point, the place went berserk. Axl came out screaming in a bullet proof vest, it was awesome.

rock3

Also saw them with Metallica but the stadium show wasn't as good IMO. Too big and they were too far away. Could have seen them a third time but passed on it, now I wish I went since that was their last tour.

The first one was in 1991 (Rock in Rio 2)

You should realise how lucky you are to have attended such a great event.

If you have any good stories from the shows you should post your review of it in the past concerts section ;)

And on topic yeah of course I would of wanted to see them live if I was old enough at the time (I was only 5 or 6).

::BR::

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah..I went to the concert with my uncle cuz I was only 10..but it was immense,they were in top form!!Axl's voice was not that great,but he was a really great frontman and entertainer.The crowd went nuts sometimes...some of the people went to see Megadeth and Judas Priest and the atmosphere was more heavy metal that night.

I can't remember too much things..but Paradise City and SCOM were the best moments of the concert.

nugnr

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

please stop with this or i'm gonna have to take drastic action. :anger:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnr

ugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrn

gnrnugnr :devil:

:lol:

Exhibition Stadium Toronto. August 92  Missed them when nugnr came back to the Air Canada Centre in 2002  BUT have the dvd to that show  Still not as good as seeing them live!!!!!!
saw them with mettelica in 92 at the rose bowl, I was 17

:'( Lucky bastards lol I ve got the Toronto 92 show as well as plenty of other Gn'R-Metallica shows and i just can't get over that i didn't get a chance to see any of this as i was only 6 :'(

• 2 weeks later...