Did anyone here see the old GNR live??

Gallagher Rose

This is one thing i'll regret my whole life, i was 13 when they played at milton keynes bowl (when izzy was filing in) & my mum wouldnt let me go.

Also wanted to go two weeks before too see metallica on black album tour.

I'll always wonder what it would have been like & I wish I was a few year older

• 2 weeks later...

I saw GnR 3 times. 88 opening for Aerosmith. 91(the St.Louis Riot) and 1992 in Kansas City with Body Count and Mettalica.

He won't be allowed in St.Louis anymore, but any tour would be nice. I guess I'll have to travel....again.

Twice in 91-92.

And my sister saw their 1988 "Texas Jam" performance where they opened for INXS, were pissed, played like four songs and walked off stage. I think Axl mooned the crowd, can't remember exactly but not a high point for them.

I saw the first show after the St Loius riots, it was before Illusions came out. Skid Row played at 8:00, then a couple of hours rolled by, it got dark, fans started throwing stuff, chairs and so on. I turned to my friend and said "If they don't come out soon, there will be another riot tonight!" Just when I said that the lights went out, and the first notes of Jungle were played. Of course the place was so jacked up by that point, the place went berserk. Axl came out screaming in a bullet proof vest, it was awesome.   

rock3

Also saw them with Metallica but the stadium show wasn't as good IMO. Too big and they were too far away. Could have seen them a third time but passed on it, now I wish I went since that was their last tour.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Perfect Crime was the first song from the first concert after the riot :ph34r:

• 1 month later...
Im only 14 and ive seen several of them i went to see a velvet revolver concert but it would be great to see them in the origianal lineup

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NO YOU HAVENT!!! :monkey:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

neither did you :heart:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

did i say i did? :suspicious:

yeyeyeyeye answer me!!! :anger:

Im only 14 and ive seen several of them i went to see a velvet revolver concert but it would be great to see them in the origianal lineup

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

just wanted to make it clear ....and no sweet thing , i'm not spam this thread with you .

On topic , nope unfortunally didn't see them

I mean i'm 18 in the time i didn't even know GNR where in the same planet as me

Edited by love&hates

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

just wanted to make it clear ....and no sweet thing , i'm not spam this thread with you .

On topic , nope unfortunally didn't see them

I mean i'm 18 in the time i didn't even know GNR where in the same planet as me

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:huh: why did you feel the urge to point that out??

:heart:

edit: HAHAHAAHA it looks like the huh smiley is kissing mr heart on the head... awwwwwww!!!!!!

Edited by Riiie

• 1 month later...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You haven't seen several of them. You've seen 2

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No he's seen 3 of them. Slash, Duff, Matt. 3.

• 2 years later...
Exhibition Stadium Toronto. August 92 :D Missed them when nugnr came back to the Air Canada Centre in 2002 :( BUT have the dvd to that show :D Still not as good as seeing them live!!!!!! :shades:

It was actually September. It was originally supposed to be in August but was postponed because of Hetfields accident.

I was at that show in Toronto too.

Edited by Becket

• 1 month later...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You haven't seen several of them. You've seen 2

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No he's seen 3 of them. Slash, Duff, Matt. 3.

He said original line-up.

Technically he's seen none of the original line-up, but let's not get into that :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...