Zakk Wylde vs. Yngwie Malmsteen

thaman

Who better?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i choose malmsteen cause i think he is one of the greatest guitar players now a days. i think he is gr8 because he is one of the few guitar players that studies so deeply the guitar, and also because his influences where of nicolo paganini, a violin player consider as a virtuoso arround late 1700.Paganini is one of the few violin players that can play as fast as he could. Back to malmsteen, he is also one of the few guitar players that with electric guitars play classical music, creating a mixture of metal and classical music that give up in excelent songs. His improvisations are excellent, he is quick and thats why i think he is better than zakk wylde, plus, i listen to him more and is one of my favourite guitar players.

best technique - Malmsteen

best "feel" - Wylde

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Precisely and because of that, my vote goes to the Zakk Attack.

Yngwie can whip some ass and anybody who says differently is severely gay. But Zakk has the classical influences but is mainly rock which is what I prefer (and after all, it's just opinions!).

Yngwie = 60% classical 40% rock

Zakk = 30% classical 70% rock

Yngwie.

Zakk wouldn't last 2 seconds doing half the shit Yngwie does.

Zakk just mimed at the NFL concert with a very lip-synched Ozzy. Both of them are a joke now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, but you can't directly compare guitarists like that. I doubt Yngwie could nail Zakk's vibrato exactly the way that Zakk does it...does that make him less talented though? Of course not.

At the end of the day, it's just what you like listening to. I don't care too much for Yngwie's "million notes per second" style so I opt for Zakk.

fact is that more people would listen to zakk stuff than yngwie stuff.

And Yngwie looks totally gay :drevil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And the problem with looking gay is?.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its not a good look for great guitarists or anybody rock1

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How the hell does a "look" effect their skills,

It doesn't,

Your pathetic.

fact is that more people would listen to zakk stuff than yngwie stuff.

And Yngwie looks totally gay :drevil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And the problem with looking gay is?.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its not a good look for great guitarists or anybody rock1

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How the hell does a "look" effect their skills,

It doesn't,

Your pathetic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah and youre REAL cool :lol:

How on earth did this turn into an argument?

The fact is Yngwie looks gay as hell. He is fat and intensely gay looking. Zakk looks like a leather-clad white trash farmer.

This is a poll which means that you can choose either guitarist for whatever reasons you like. If it comes down to looks then good for you. I think it makes you at least 5% gay but good for you anyway.

I openly admit that Yngwie has more chops. But I would rather listen to Zakk any day. Just my opinion.

How on earth did this turn into an argument?

The fact is Yngwie looks gay as hell. He is fat and intensely gay looking. Zakk looks like a leather-clad white trash farmer.

This is a poll which means that you can choose either guitarist for whatever reasons you like. If it comes down to looks then good for you. I think it makes you at least 5% gay but good for you anyway.

I openly admit that Yngwie has more chops. But I would rather listen to Zakk any day. Just my opinion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Look is important, you cant have much respect for a person that looks gay no mather how good he is in something.

And Yngwie has totally lost it he cant play slow at all anymore, I have hos video hot licks that proves it hes EVERY "slow" solo is filled with arppegios and that kind of stuff which is definetly isnt a good thing :scared: