Help

Ok, so sabre is moving into the realm of wah and effects pedals.

I consider myself a pretty good guitarist I can play some slash solos, and most stuff that takes my fancy.

I was looking on ebay in the £50-£80 bracket I guess in shops and stuff that would be £90-£120. I'm going to have to buy off the internet cos I live in shitsville, the only guitar store in a 50 mile radius only has the jimi hendrix signature pedal and that's too expensive and I don't really want a signature pedal.

So can people advise me on what to get. I checked some reviews and I am thinking about a basic crybaby. Is that the best in my price range? What good alternatives are there?

I own the Dunlop Crybaby wah. Loads of people here will say "oh its crap! get an uber uber UBER wah!" an all that crap. But if you want simplicity and cheapness go for either a crybaby wah or a vox wah. I haven't tried the vox but people have said its a good pedal. But i'd say get a Crybaby. If you're after so much wah that you cant even hear the notes you're playing...then don't buy one. But if you need classic wah with great sound get the crybaby

I own the Dunlop Crybaby wah. Loads of people here will say "oh its crap! get an uber uber UBER wah!" an all that crap. But if you want simplicity and cheapness go for either a crybaby wah or a vox wah. I haven't tried the vox but people have said its a good pedal. But i'd say get a Crybaby. If you're after so much wah that you cant even hear the notes you're playing...then don't buy one. But if you need classic wah with great sound get the crybaby

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks yeah that was what I was thinkin all I really want is a simple, solid pedal that sounds great. I'll probably go with the crybaby.

aawwwww, i thought if i had slash's wah wah all i had to do was to pluck the strings on my guitar and i will have the exact same sound slash has, but now you bursted my bubble, thankyou very much......................

If you have a Marshall and a "Les Paul" or copy whatever, and you cock your wah on bass you'll get slash's live sound for sweet child o' mine, play the solo with the wah cocked on bass then when the wah part comes in just rock it forward an you get an amazin wah solo. It sounds really good. But if you have a marshall Bass : 7 Mid : 7 Treble: 5.5 an contour pretty bright but not too bright. That should sort you out

Someone askin bout the Slash sound. So if you're lookin for a simliar sound you can get it easily with the crybaby ^^ read

aawwwww, i thought if i had slash's wah wah all i had to do was to pluck the strings on my guitar and i will have the exact same sound slash has, but now you bursted my bubble, thankyou very much......................

If you have a Marshall and a "Les Paul" or copy whatever, and you cock your wah on bass you'll get slash's live sound for sweet child o' mine, play the solo with the wah cocked on bass then when the wah part comes in just rock it forward an you get an amazin wah solo. It sounds really good. But if you have a marshall Bass : 7 Mid : 7 Treble: 5.5 an contour pretty bright but not too bright. That should sort you out

Someone askin bout the Slash sound. So if you're lookin for a simliar sound you can get it easily with the crybaby ^^ read

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks man, but I'm not looking for a slash sound per se, I look for my own sound.

If you have a Marshall and a "Les Paul" or copy whatever, and you cock your wah on bass you'll get slash's live sound for sweet child o' mine, play the solo with the wah cocked on bass then when the wah part comes in just rock it forward an you get an amazin wah solo.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a Les Paul but no Marshall amp. I get a pretty decent SCOM sound by using the neck pickup with the tone turned almost all the way to 0 (not all the way because it's only an Epiphone so it gets a bit muddy). Works for me.

I had a play with my wah last night and ended up cocking it on bass. It made my guitar sound exactly like the guitar in the White Stripes song Blue Orchid. So I jammed on that for a while.

After playing with the wah some more, I think it is pretty good now. I think my MT-2 sucks alot of the tone out of it though. Time to upgrade the amp, methinks.

I would go for the Crybaby,

With a Strat you can get Hendrix and SRV wah tones, with an LP you can get Slash wah tones (i'm talking roughly their tones, not exactly their tones :lol: )

The Morely Wah is a shredders wah, and is very good.

But if your looking for that classic wah sound, get a crybaby.

Not bad, how you finding your wah then sabre?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

parcelforce fucking came to my house during the fifteen minuted of the whole day my mum wasn't home, and I forgot to put 'if not in, leave in porch' on the order. So now I won't be getting it til monday. :anger:

I'm learning a few songs that will utilise it. I've already got voodoo child and the scom solo down. What else is good?

Enter Sandman - Metallica (kirk uses wah wah in alot of sons, this is his best wah song i think)

Say What! - Stevie Ray Vaughan

Electric Funeral - Black Sabbath

Pigs (Three Different Ones) - Pink Floyd (my favourite Wah song)

that sall i can think of atm.

It arrived this morning, and I've been playing it for the last 2 hours ish it's really cool, I had a wah replicator on my zoom multi effects and this is a thousand times better. Just been fooling around and playing voodoo child and scom, will learn white room and say what soon. Also, I can use the lead from my zoom so don't have to shell out a tenner. Result.

next step, tube screamers.