ROCK IN RIO 3

steve-o

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I saw a bootleg of RIR 3 on ebay, and I put a bid on it, and I want to know how good it is. Thanks in advance.

Its a great concert !

If the next GNR tour is a good as RIR then Guns will once again be the biggest live act on the planet.

R.

• 6 months later...

is this one of the most painfull shows to listen to under the gnr name? Axl's voice was very inconsistent, the playing of solos were off at times, even seemed like timing was off.. The ycbm drumming intro sounded way off, the chord held during the intro sounded off.. The way slash bends the strings in certain songs seemed to be lacking.. I will say his screams during jungle and l&ld were quite good.. I did think KOHD slowed down was quite good... The little I am not going to pay for that comment looks expsensive was funny.. Show had good points and the band was learing them, but it seemed like a lot of butchering from vocals to timing to solos.. I don't know if this is a compliment to some or an insult but I couldn't tell richard from robin but i KNEW when BH was playing a solo.. I only have the audio.. Bucket head brought a nice presence to the show, didn't enjoy the solo part for him though, the weird noises the loud but meaningless playing.. That thing, thing is all I can call it robin played was horrible.. Nice beat but his voice was like he had a fur ball in his mouth.. I was longing to hear duff sing so :blink: I do give him credit learing something to share with the people of rio though.. That's pretty damn cool... This ranks way down, wttj was fucking awfull..

They did improve as the tour went on no doubt.. To me axl's voice sounds best singing lower in kohd, and madagscar.. he had a better voice as in almost like a lounge singer that talks loud rather then belting out notes..

Edited by jondon

Yes, I hate the show, I got the DVD version the other day to make sure it wasn't the ify quality that was hampering my enjoyment but it wasn't. Axl sounds awful, the backing vocals are louder than him half the time, they've ruined KOHD by slowing it down and it just sounds shit basically.

MSG2002 is the only show I can stand really..even then it's painful in some parts..shame really..

is this one of the most painfull shows to listen to under the gnr name? Axl's voice was very inconsistent, the playing of solos were off at times, even seemed like timing was off.. The ycbm drumming intro sounded way off, the chord held during the intro sounded off.. The way slash bends the strings in certain songs seemed to be lacking..  I will say his screams during jungle and l&ld were quite good.. I did think KOHD slowed down was quite good... The little I am not going to pay for that comment looks expsensive was funny.. Show had good points and the band was learing them, but it seemed like a lot of butchering from vocals to timing to solos.. I don't know if this is a compliment to some or an insult but I couldn't tell richard from robin but i KNEW when BH was playing a solo.. I only have the audio.. Bucket head brought a nice presence to the show, didn't enjoy the solo part for him though, the weird noises the loud but meaningless playing.. That thing, thing is all I can call it robin played was horrible.. Nice beat but his voice was like he had a fur ball in his mouth.. I was longing to hear duff sing so :blink:  I do give him credit learing something to share with the people of rio though.. That's pretty damn cool... This ranks way down, wttj was fucking awfull..

They did improve as the tour went on no doubt.. To me axl's voice sounds best singing lower in kohd, and madagscar.. he had a better voice as in almost like a lounge singer that talks loud rather then belting out notes..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The fact that you said Richard was at RIO blows you're credibility all together. RIR3 was one of THE best gnr concerts EVER.

We've already got a studio version of Knockin' On Heavens Door. Listen to track 4 on your copy of Use Your Illusion II.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i know that..i mean the one in rio2001/slower version maybe make it a b/side for their first single irs/kohd 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005......