Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Who Is Singing With Axl ...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

Rick

Rick

FRONTMAN

• SILVER Supporter
  • 10,325 posts
  • 17-November 04
QUESTION: Who's that singing in The Garden and who's that on the Don't Cry video?

ANSWER: Alice Cooper and Shannon Hoon.

Don't Cry
Use Your Illusion 1
View Don't Cry lyrics @ mygnr.com

Shannon Hoon - Vocals

Posted Image
Shannon in the Don't Cry video.

Shannon Hoon was the lead singer of Blind Melon before his tragic death in October 1995. Shannon's band had been performing the song in small clubs before the song was released by Gn'R - because no one knew it was a Gn'R song. Shannon, like Axl, was from Indianna and features in several songs on the Use Your Illusion albums including The Garden, November Rain & You Ain't The First.

The Garden
Use Your Illusion 1
View The Garden lyrics @ mygnr.com

Alice Cooper - Vocals

Posted Image
Alice Cooper performs with Axl Rose.

The Garden was written by Axl Rose, West Arkeen & Del James. Alice Cooper came into the studio to sing the lyrics written by Del James. When looking back Alice recalls "I was in LA, staying at the Sunset Marquis. I was watching an old movie when Axl called me. It was about two in the morning and he says, 'Hey, listen, can you do the vocal on this song 'The Garden'? I went down there and I listened to it and said, 'Yeah, I'll do it.'"

Edited by madison, 06 November 2005 - 06:56 PM.

Forever a Posted Image

If I have to tell you again, we're gonna take it outside and I'm gonna show you what it's like!