• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JohnUlmer
The Blues @ HOB 2001 > any other version

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you upload HOB '01 Blues song?

Can't remember if I've heard it. So far my favorite version is Boston '02. It's amazing and I love what he does with his voice in the beginning ("Eh-owl the in-uh-sense ensade!")

The Blues @ HOB 2001 > any other version

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you upload HOB '01 Blues song?

Can't remember if I've heard it. So far my favorite version is Boston '02. It's amazing and I love what he does with his voice in the beginning ("Eh-owl the in-uh-sense ensade!")

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uploading now, check the thread of HOB stuff in the Download section, I'll post it there.

• 1 year later...

I have now heard the show audio multiple times. And i my opinion is that it's far better than all others 01,02-tour shows.

Axl has some rasp left in some songs. Nightrain is really good perfomance. He has rasp-voice most of the time. Also The Blues is probarly best i've heard.

That's weird since it was their first show. RIR3 sounds quite bad for some reason, thought this show was this good. Maybe Axl lost he's voice in the opening scream of WTTJ in that show or something.

Discuss :P

Edited by makketue

I have now heard the show audio multiple times. And i my opinion is that it's far better than all others 01,02-tour shows.

Axl has some rasp left in some songs. Nightrain is really good perfomance. He has rasp-voice most of the time. Also The Blues is probarly best i've heard.

That's weird since it was their first show. RIR3 sounds quite bad for some reason, thought this show was this good. Maybe Axl lost he's voice in the opening scream of WTTJ in that show or something.

Only thing that makes this show good is the fact it has the best version of Riyadh. Cd also sounds pretty good here.

Rio III isn't bad. The best performance of Madagascar was at Rio III.

Only thing that makes this show good is the fact it has the best version of Riyadh. Cd also sounds pretty good here.

Rio III isn't bad. The best performance of Madagascar was at Rio III.

Yes but Axl's voice went to helium most of the show <_< Best '02 show for me is Leeds. Madagascar in RIR3 was good yes. But i prefer '06 Inland Invision one.

And Karri i've heard all shows except MSG one. In my opinion Boston is over-rated Toronto show was better. Thought Boston has best Nightrain outro ever. Buckethead owned that one.

Edited by makketue

I will upload some songs to YOUSENDIT to those who haven't heard the show. ;) CD,The Blues, Nightrain and Riyadh and Welcome To the Jungle

The Blues

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...8DCABAF656B0996

Chinese Democracy and Rant about China's coverment

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...7C68DAC0834618C

Riyadh and the bedouins

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...53B8CE2780CD9CA

Welcome to the jungle

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...70BBB0E5B37F7D2

Nightrain

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...85ED6EC25DDD2DA

Tell your opinion ;)

Edited by makketue

Though I will say that the boots of the 01/01/01 show are of low quality and in no way were as cool as being there live, I would still disagree that the performance was their best of that time period. Axl's voice was great, but the band was a bit off. They had some major technical difficulties during which the Blues got scrapped. So, in summation, live, Axl's voice was awesome. The band had its kinks to work out. And the bootlegs don't do the concert justice.

Though I will say that the boots of the 01/01/01 show are of low quality and in no way were as cool as being there live, I would still disagree that the performance was their best of that time period. Axl's voice was great, but the band was a bit off. They had some major technical difficulties during which the Blues got scrapped.

What do you mean Blues got scrapped? Plus, for a first ever live show and only a few rehersals with Axl, the band sounded awesome-all things considered.

Makketrue- can you upload Silkworms from that show? Good sound quality from the boots you have, I've only had the older ones that sounded crappy. I was at that show and Silkworms was probably the best new song played, but you had to be there to see it. Boots w/o video haven't done it justice.

What was great about the show was that the band/Axl kept the newer songs simple and fairly stripped down. This concert had a raw feel to it, which was cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Though I will say that the boots of the 01/01/01 show are of low quality and in no way were as cool as being there live, I would still disagree that the performance was their best of that time period. Axl's voice was great, but the band was a bit off. They had some major technical difficulties during which the Blues got scrapped.

What do you mean Blues got scrapped? Plus, for a first ever live show and only a few rehersals with Axl, the band sounded awesome-all things considered.

Makketrue- can you upload Silkworms from that show? Good sound quality from the boots you have, I've only had the older ones that sounded crappy. I was at that show and Silkworms was probably the best new song played, but you had to be there to see it. Boots w/o video haven't done it justice.

What was great about the show was that the band/Axl kept the newer songs simple and fairly stripped down. This concert had a raw feel to it, which was cool.

Sure. Link: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...94C501217E0E270

Though I will say that the boots of the 01/01/01 show are of low quality and in no way were as cool as being there live, I would still disagree that the performance was their best of that time period. Axl's voice was great, but the band was a bit off. They had some major technical difficulties during which the Blues got scrapped. So, in summation, live, Axl's voice was awesome. The band had its kinks to work out. And the bootlegs don't do the concert justice.

yeah, but I can remember when they first surfaced and we all or

at least I thought they were fn awesome and well worth the wait.

\\m//

yeah, but I can remember when they first surfaced and we all or

at least I thought they were fn awesome and well worth the wait.

\\m//

I used to think like that, but I changed my mind. I don't think it was worth the wait anymore. :no:

I think that is what separates "just a fan" from the die hard G&R fan. back then even a small taste

of a little guns was gratifying.

I'm glad the guns haven't been your average run of the mill type of band that has to churn out the same

recycled sound every 2 years to greedy corporate executives & whiny little fans who don't know the

difference between a real heavy rock band and a puppet show.