Albany 2002

monkey27

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Now I was uh, perusing. I was reading all about my integrity, 'cause that's what I'm known for I guess - selling out my integrity. That's why I'm here with you tonight because I just don't give a fuck I guess. Yeah, that's why we worked real hard at this. That's why these guys worked real hard at being in a band that they can get abused for "because they're the guys in the way of stopping the old band from getting together." That's horseshit.

I'm not trying to bum anybody out, but, you know, I was thinking about it. I'm pretty blunt so people get real pissed. And I haven't done a lot of talking on this tour. I'll shut up real soon don't worry. You know, I've tried acting nice and that just ends up fucking me right up the ass. They take advantage of that. "Well, you see Axl said something nice, so how can we use that to our advantage?" ... The truth is they didn't want to be here for you at this level and they don't want to take it farther. I mean, that's their business right? But not at my expense or yours. You've been played. You've been lied to. You've been used. You've been manipulated so that they can ride around in limos and jam with Snoop Dogg or whoever the fuck. I don't care. That's their business, but they shouldn't really do it at your expense or mine.

Now as soon as I say this it'll be on an MP3, someone will transcribe it , and the next person will say "'Can you believe Axl said that? I mean my god. I mean he hasn't put out a record. I don't know why he would say that. I mean who does he think he is? That's not very nice. The other guys, they have gotten over it and they're his friend now and they're willing to be his friend and he just needs to grow up." .. I'm sorry. I'm a little bit more blunt. I mean, Slash may sound like a De La Hoya, but he's the fucking Vargas. That's just how it is. And just because you've got a bunch of guys agreeing doesn't mean shit. The truth is that they're a bunch of bad cops and I'm the fuckin Serpico and they can "suck my dick!"

"You know without Axl and Slash we wouldn't have November Rain and Estranged" .. Well you don't know what the fuck I went through to get that guy to play those songs. You don't know about the argument we had at A&M studios, because Duff and Slash came to me going "We're not gonna do that song Axl, we're not gonna do this song, no, no, we're just not gonna do it." .. But I wanna do it. We'll do it right now. This song is called 'patience'."

holy shit that is kewl :krider:

OH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Looking back on the speech now, it's like Axl knew, he fucking knew that Velvet Revolver was coming around the corner to beat his ass and erase any trace of the 2002 version of GNR! :lol:

But when VR arrived to the dance GNR was already gone, Axl did it to himself, he beat himself worse than a 12 year old who just tuned in to the playboy channel for the first time! :D

And those drunks? they got sober, they got together and they are rocking arenas all over the place now.

Case closed.

OH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Looking back on the speech now, it's like Axl knew, he fucking knew that Velvet Revolver was coming around the corner to beat his ass and erase any trace of the 2002 version of GNR! :lol:

But when VR arrived to the dance GNR was already gone, Axl did it to himself, he beat himself worse than a 12 year old who just tuned in to the playboy channel for the first time! :D

And those drunks? they got sober, they got together and they are rocking arenas all over the place now.

Case closed.

:sleeper:

we don't even know who is or isn't in the current line up of NuGNR. No one does, I'd actually have to hear them now 2004, to see how good they are or aren't. 2002 recordings are already out of date in terms of line up so. There isn't anything to go by these days.

Edited by moreblack

we don't even know who is or isn't in the current line up of NuGNR. No one does, I'd actually have to hear them now 2004, to see how good they are or aren't. 2002 recordings are already out of date in terms of line up so. There isn't anything to go by these days.

From what I have read,the only one to leave was Buckethead

• 2 months later...

Nobody's gonna read this, since this debate is over, but to call Duff an alcoholic must be the most stupid thing I've ever heard! :fuckyou: Duff doesn't drink any alcohol these days cause his pancreas exploded a couple of years ago.

And this shit about Axl being soooo cool saying those things is just bullshit. He's only trying to create something. He knew people was gonna fucking write about that.

Don't get me wrong, I love Axl (at least the old Axl ) but I think it's really low to talk shit 'bout Slash like that.

Anyway, this reply was pretty unnecesary.

PEACE

• 2 weeks later...

This is probably Axl's greatest rant from the 2002 tour... gives me goosebumps at some points :wub::wub::wub:

and to those who defend slash and duff in this thread.. go read some vr interviews and you'd see they take shots at him all the time.. i mean these guys are very very determined to keep axl down. they will do whatever they can to prevent chinese democracy from being released and i think its horseshit :fuckyou:

Edit: to any GnR haters.. dont knock the band or axl until you've seen this fucking amazing show :wub:

Edited by Democrat of the Chinese

• 3 weeks later...

well for one, the old band could put an album together in say... less than 10 years.

That shows a chemistry and a work ethic that just isn't there anymore.

If they can't even make one album, how can they hope to top AFD or UYI, and how long is it gonna be after Chinese Democracy until they put another album out? 10 more years?

• 2 months later...