gnr bootlegs for sale on ebay

ssiscool

Guest gnr>everything

1. No, selling bootlegs and DVD-R's(in most cases) are illegal, but that doesn't seem stop anyone else.

2. You can probably make some cash, but you will become hated among the GN'R trading community I think.

3. On eBay's section about their policy, they just say the item will be deleted and your account could possibly be restricted - but they don't really follow through on that.

3. On eBay's section about their policy, they just say the item will be deleted and your account could possibly be restricted - but they don't really follow through on that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh but they do follow through, I know a few people that have had it happen.

The only kind of bootlegs that you can sell are original SILVER CD's. Nothing else.

Guest gnr>everything

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh but they do follow through, I know a few people that have had it happen.

The only kind of bootlegs that you can sell are original SILVER CD's. Nothing else.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well they're not very consistent then...if you search for GN'R DVD's you can buy a ton of different ones...

why shouldent you buy/sell them

SS.

:rolleyes: Because it's against the law. :rolleyes:

how is it illegal. it was never officaly released.

SS.

Because you're making a profit on something that you didn't record or contribute to. Making a profit off the work of someone else is illegal -- not too hard to work that out, is it? ;)

SS.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

SS.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because you're making a profit on something that you didn't record or contribute to. Making a profit off the work of someone else is illegal -- not too hard to work that out, is it? ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok so if my mate filmed his dogs runnging after eachother and i got hold of it and sold it on ebay is that illeagal

SS.

SS.

SS.

ok so if my mate filmed his dogs runnging after eachother and i got hold of it and sold it on ebay is that illeagal

SS.

:rolleyes:

Why bother asking the question if you're going to be a smartarse when people give you the answer? Seems like the only answer you want to hear is 'yes, you can sell bootlegs on ebay'. Well -- you can't.

You didn't get up on stage and play the concerts -- you weren't part of the sound crew recording them -- you didn't write the songs.

Despite all this -- you still seem to think you have the right to make a profit off the sale of the concerts?

:rolleyes:

Bootlegs are for TRADING. People that sell bootlegs ruin it for everyone else. Get it into your head.

Guest gnr>everything
Bootlegs are for TRADING. People that sell bootlegs ruin it for everyone else. Get it into your head.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well even distributing bootlegs is illegal, but that's beside the point.

Guest gnr>everything

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You had to throw that in there didnt you?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well if people are going to yell at him saying it's illegal, he should also know all of it in general is illegal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well if people are going to yell at him saying it's illegal, he should also know all of it in general is illegal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. So why is trading so much more acceptable than a sale between a willing buyer and seller? Who drew the line at selling? Because that seems pretty arbitrary to me.

The bottom line is that the record companies don't give a shit either way because bootlegs are not hurting their profits. If the posted speed limit is 70km/h but the understanding between the cops and drivers is that you won't get a ticket unless you go over 90, then is going over 70 really illegal? I say no.

Guest gnr>everything

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. So why is trading so much more acceptable than a sale between a willing buyer and seller? Who drew the line at selling? Because that seems pretty arbitrary to me.

The bottom line is that the record companies don't give a shit either way because bootlegs are not hurting their profits. If the posted speed limit is 70km/h but the understanding between the cops and drivers is that you won't get a ticket unless you go over 90, then is going over 70 really illegal? I say no.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The thing is people try to expand their collections by trading, and they do it for fun and to have a collection...then there's people who go and make money off doing this and the people doing it for fun don't like that I guess. I bought a show from someone on eBay, and the package was sent from David Prisby. Few days later I downloaded It's So Easy from Frankfurt 93 I believe, and there's a big thing that comes over the screen in the beginning of the song that says, Thank <blank>, <blank>, <blank>, and David Prisby...and all the assholes who buy from them for this logo. This show is to be given out for free to any fan who wants it. So yeah, there's some hostility between traders and sellers.