Concert DVD´s for sale!

s044671

Guest gnr>everything

Yeah, if you burn it to a DVD it'll be the same quality...I'm a but confused myself right now about the avi mpeg thing, because on the Hartford DVD rip, Nice Boys is in mpeg and not avi, and mpegs don't burn to DVD's I think. Also someone uploaded a Chile DVD rip at another forum and they're all mpegs and definately don't look DVD quality...my only guess is that they weren't ripped from the DVD...but then for Hartford I don't get why all the videos could be avi and only Nice Boys is mpeg, unless they were missing that video and grabbed it from somewhere else. :question:

And again, ask as many questions as you need...they kinda help me understand this stuff better to be honest. :)

I think you can burn an mpeg file onto a CD as a VCD. But I'm not sure about on a DVD.

Hmm. I'm gonna try to read a bit more stuff and if I find anything out I'll post it in this section.

Have you downloaded anything that played back in really good quality? Maybe we can look at it's characteristics and figure out what makes it good.

:huh: <---- that's me right now.

Guest gnr>everything
I think you can burn an mpeg file onto a CD as a VCD.  But I'm not sure about on a DVD.

Hmm.  I'm gonna try to read a bit more stuff and if I find anything out I'll post it in this section.

Have you downloaded anything that played back in really good quality?  Maybe we can look at it's characteristics and figure out what makes it good.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well most of the .avi videos I've downloaded are good quality compared to mpegs. Other than that, the DVD's I've been downloading are the actualy DVD files, not videos, so I can't see how the quality is until I burn them.

I think you're right about the mpeg to VCD's though.

I think you can burn an mpeg file onto a CD as a VCD.  But I'm not sure about on a DVD.

Hmm.  I'm gonna try to read a bit more stuff and if I find anything out I'll post it in this section.

Have you downloaded anything that played back in really good quality?  Maybe we can look at it's characteristics and figure out what makes it good.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well most of the .avi videos I've downloaded are good quality compared to mpegs. Other than that, the DVD's I've been downloading are the actualy DVD files, not videos, so I can't see how the quality is until I burn them.

I think you're right about the mpeg to VCD's though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting. So when you download DVD files there is no way to view them on your computer first before you burn to a DVD?

I got this from Microsoft's website:

An MPEG-2 decoder is software that allows you to play DVDs and files that contain video content that was encoded in the MPEG-2 format (such as DVR-MS files, MPG files, and some AVI files).

So it sounds like a DVD can hold mpeg files, or at least MPEG-2 files. Also, it seems that AVI is just a container for certain files, it's not a file type itself. So while you might have an avi it could still be an mpeg underneath.

I found this on the videohelp website:

A step by step guide with screenshots on how to author MPEG2 files to DVD format, create chapters and menus, using TMPGEnc DVD Author.

Which means that you can burn an MPEG file to DVD. Not sure you'd really want to though as I believe the quality would be relatively poor.

Guest gnr>everything
Interesting.  So when you download DVD files there is no way to view them on your computer first before you burn to a DVD?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can watch them with DVD playing software, but since I don't have a DVD burner or ROM yet, I don't have that kind of software.

Hi!

Is there anyone who is willing to sell copies of GNR shows?

I´ve noticed that there is a lot of concerts in the loop, and i´m really eager to have my own dvd collection!

Please...Anyone??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i can sell you my bootlegs, but im in venezuela, and u?

Interesting.  So when you download DVD files there is no way to view them on your computer first before you burn to a DVD?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can watch them with DVD playing software, but since I don't have a DVD burner or ROM yet, I don't have that kind of software.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh okay. I have a ROM so then I could do it. I bought my PC in the summer but I opted for only a CD burner, not a DVD burner. Looking back on it that was a dumb move but I never envisioned me getting into this so much. I didn't even know all these shows were available. Oh well, it's not that expensive. I think I'll get an external burner, it seems more convenient.

Guest gnr>everything

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh okay. I have a ROM so then I could do it. I bought my PC in the summer but I opted for only a CD burner, not a DVD burner. Looking back on it that was a dumb move but I never envisioned me getting into this so much. I didn't even know all these shows were available. Oh well, it's not that expensive. I think I'll get an external burner, it seems more convenient.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, when I first started getting download from here, I did not see myself downloading whole dvds and stuff... :blink:

This is the one I decided on...good price and good reviews everywhere I looked:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1099392726522

They also make that one as an external one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, when I first started getting download from here, I did not see myself downloading whole dvds and stuff... :blink:

This is the one I decided on...good price and good reviews everywhere I looked:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1099392726522

They also make that one as an external one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm looking at this:

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/ProductDet...uctlisting.aspx

I haven't shopped around yet though.

I'll probably get this drive:

Click

It's a LightScribe drive. I think I will do most of my disc labelling that way - from what I have read paper labels can cause discs to warp and I've actually seen one first hand. The disc is unreadable. I've seen a LightScribe labelled disc and it looks fantastic. If you're gonna get a DVD burner you might want to invest in one that has this capability.

Check out this review, it's the top rated external drive:

PCWorld

I'm not too crazy about getting an LG product, but I like this drive. The only other drive I've seen that had LightScribe was a Benq internal drive.

Guest gnr>everything

I actually looked into an HP that was similar to the Memorex one because it had LightScribe, but I couldn't find any cutomer reviews and it was a little slower...I didn't think that that feature was very important...it was cool and nice to have but I'd rather have the speed, and I only had around $100 to spend.

Hi,

i started this thread about a month ago...or something, don´t really remember.

Back then i had none of the shows that you guys were talking about...Now i have got a hold of a few, and for that i am very grateful...

For torrent shows like chicago, riot show, indiana etc...visit www.piratebay.org...

especially thanks to born to die!

Sincerly!

Guest gnr>everything
Hi,

i started this thread about a month ago...or something, don´t really remember.

Back then i had none of the shows that you guys were talking about...Now i have got a hold of a few, and for that i am very grateful...

For torrent shows like chicago, riot show, indiana etc...visit www.piratebay.org...

especially thanks to born to die!

Sincerly!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try to get a membership at dimeadozen.org. Lately a bunch of the more rare shows have been uploaded on torrents...not to mention a bunch of other good ones!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try to get a membership at dimeadozen.org. Lately a bunch of the more rare shows have been uploaded on torrents...not to mention a bunch of other good ones!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, i just recently got an account at dimeadozen.org, great site!

thanks anyway!