Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

St. Louis remembered

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

romeyvanb

romeyvanb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • 14-May 06
I was also at that show and by the way it was July 2nd, 1991. It was right before the 4th of July...that's why everyone was shooting fireworks in the parking lot. Yes I went home with a dent in my forehead (which I still have) and a cut up face. I was 16 at the time and my mom was watching the news by the time I got home at 4am. I went to Riverport 3 days later and saw another show, Warrant I'm afraid, and I proudly wore my newly purchased GNR T-shirt and got the dirtiest looks from every security guard in the place. I can honestly say that day ranks right up there with my wedding day---and I was the bride! I just seen him 5 times during this last tour-awesome!! I feel that everyone has there what I call "Beatles" love for someone, for me it's Axl. Actually this new laptop I am writing on is called RocketQueen in rememberance of 7-2-1991. Rock on Axl!!!!

JONEZY

JONEZY

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,279 posts
  • 30-June 05

I was also at that show and by the way it was July 2nd, 1991. It was right before the 4th of July...that's why everyone was shooting fireworks in the parking lot. Yes I went home with a dent in my forehead (which I still have) and a cut up face. I was 16 at the time and my mom was watching the news by the time I got home at 4am. I went to Riverport 3 days later and saw another show, Warrant I'm afraid, and I proudly wore my newly purchased GNR T-shirt and got the dirtiest looks from every security guard in the place. I can honestly say that day ranks right up there with my wedding day---and I was the bride! I just seen him 5 times during this last tour-awesome!! I feel that everyone has there what I call "Beatles" love for someone, for me it's Axl. Actually this new laptop I am writing on is called RocketQueen in rememberance of 7-2-1991. Rock on Axl!!!!

Cool! Where did you sit/stand at the show? Apparently you were up-front? Glad you made it out alive.

I remember Warrant played a few days later, Jani Lane gave a camera to someone in the front row and said "Take all the fucking pictures you want!". I've never been a big fan of Warrant, but that was a cool thing to do.

Snake-Pit

Snake-Pit

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • 27-March 09
I have the DVD... lol, St. Louis remembered... I remember :lol:

4aca2887-4014-4e31-848d-8a67d7916571_zps

James Bond

James Bond

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,409 posts
  • 19-December 04

Thanks for bumping that. Really good to hear an eye witness account of it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed.

Wow, what a quality poster I was back then. Yay post count. :lol:

I watched bits from this the other day, just skipping through songs. It's a shame the riot happened, this really could have been one of the top shows the band ever played. It's sloppy as all hell but so raw, passionate, and full of energy. Even with the riot, it's still pretty damn good. At this point in time, it's obvious that adds to the appeal. Had it not been for the riot, this may have been a little known show. Glad we have such great footage of it! I have two copies - a burned copy of the Bondage Music version (full riot footage and bonus videos like You Could Be Mine and the Live Era promo videos) and another bootleg copy I found at HMV. No riot footage on that one - ends after Rocket Queen.

5206.jpg

Toronto 2006 - Hamilton 2010 & 2011 - Buffalo 2013