Minneapolis 11/14/02

spazprm

After viewing tons of video bootlegs of Axl's infamous 2002 Chinese Democracy failed tour, there's no equivalent, in my eyes, of the grand spectacle I enjoyed.

No bootleg I've seen or heard can compare to being at the show. I would say each bootleg is 100x worse then beings at the concert it is held.

gnr was the first concert i attended,my fav band being my first concert,cool.it was here in houston in 91.

the played from afd=jungle,easy, brownstone,paradise city,sweet child, rocket queen,

from lies=patience

from uy; 1=live and let die,dont dry,nov rain, bad obsession, jive, perfect crime.

from 2=ycbm,civil war,kohd

also attitude

also on the metallica tour i saw them,

and it was exactly a week before the show  that the tour got plugged   >:(

No bootleg I've seen or heard can compare to being at the show. I would say each bootleg is 100x worse then beings at the concert it is held.

Listen Im sure the show you went to was awesome, but there's different levels of awesomeness(lol), it wasn't a terrible concert, I'm sure you enjoyed it.

But Axl didn't performed Civil War or Double Talkin' JIVE and an arcenal of others, that in and of itself is an inferior show to the one I went  to. The other reasons I stated above in my earlier post.

If we were to compare the pre'93 bootlegs to the 2002 bottlegs with all their deficiencies and short comings, pre '93 wins it hands down no questions asked.

Don't get me wrong, I was ready to go to the Florida show the week after Philly, unfortunately it was not possible. I stayed home holding my ticket, then got my refund.

• 5 months later...

I'm new to the forum here and thought I'd check if anybody went to either the Minneapolis (Target Center) or Fargo (Fargodome) shows last fall. It's not like we'd remember seeing each other with everybody there, but just wondering...

I went to the Minneapolis show with my best friend and his girlfriend. His girlfriend was a total bitch before and after the show, but fuck... seeing Guns N' Roses for the first time EVER... on their first tour in 10 years or so... I wouldn't let anything ruin my night! I remember it clearly still. After Mix Master Mike was done, there was that long wait. It HAD to be an hour and a half or so... everybody was restless and the only thing that was keeping people from throwing things or starting to start something was the continuous pictures of girls flashing the cameras around the Target Center and seeing a fight happen. That was about all. My friend drove, so if they wanted to leave, I probably would have gone (with no other way back home) and they were so close to leaving. He didn't think there was going to be a show and thought they probably left the place. THEN... the place went dark... the chords to "WTTJ" came on and until the end of the show, EVERYBODY was screaming and singing along to the words. I looked at my friend and made the motion of bowing down to the stage, because GnR had arrived! B)

I just like to talk about it and "relive" it.

The next night, they were playing in Fargo and I thought since it was so close, if I DIDN'T go, I would regret it... regardless if they toured again. So, on two hours of sleep, no map, and shitty navigating skills, and not knowing if there would be seats available, I made that trek, found the Fargodome, got my seat, and rocked out again that night.

Anyway, just reminiscing. :D

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I went to the Minneapolis Show, first time I've seen GnR. I felt like a teenage girl seeing NSYNC. My voice was shot by the end of the night. Sang everyword to every song. Greatest concert I've been to. I still remember in Welcome to the Jungle when the green lasers rose from the stage. And Live and Let Die with the flames going off and Axl holding his voice for an ungodly amount of time nearly brought tears to my eyes. It was also my first time in an Arena concert.

• 1 month later...

I was at the Minneapolis show as well. It was fun being the only person in my section that knew all the words to Madagascar, the Blues, and Chinese democracy. Does anyone know if there is a dvd bootleg of this show somewhere?

• 9 months later...
I was at the Minneapolis show as well. It was fun being the only person in my section that knew all the words to Madagascar, the Blues, and Chinese democracy. Does anyone know if there is a dvd bootleg of this show somewhere?

that would kick ass. i wanted to go but i was 12 amd shit my mom was gunna let me go but duno wht happend to that <_<<_<:angry: