Gn'r - What do people think of your favorite band?

Guest AxlRox

ok, ive probarly posted this in the wrong place but...

how do people react when you tell them ur fav band is gn'r.. i usually get the faces like :blink: ..

people say.. omg your into that kinda shit...

just wondering wat reactions ye get?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said this to you in another thread. Please don't use "text language" on this board. It makes your posts harder to read and makes you look like a fool.

------------

Usually people are cool with GN'R because of the ballads like Don't Cry "not-fan-girls" like it and because of the rockers like Welcome To The Jungle "not-fan-guys" like it :) Also some of my friends who listens most to Hip Hop/Rn'B/Rap( or whatever you wanna call it) like the "hit-rockers"..

i met up with an old friend not long ago and i cant remember what it was i said but i mentioned axl rose and she was like who?? :blink:

i spent the next hour talking about gnr and she hasnt called me since :lol:

some people talk shit to you cause they dont like rock music and want to beat the shit outta you, although ive had conversations with many 'chavs' who generally respond 'wo oh oh oh sweet child of mine' or 'welcome to the jungle is fuckin sweet'

or another reaction from people is a look of disgust.

but the people who seem least accepting of it are probably wanker kids who listen to mcr, green day and whatever other band its popular to like at the minute

I get a response such as, "who is in the band now?" so, I fill them in.

Everyone I know of (and maybe it's because I am in the late 30s age bracket) knows of GNR. I really only get postive feedback.

In fact, I had a coworker in my SUV yesterday as we had to deliver Christmas presents and the whole time, GNR's greatest hits was playing in my CD player. I caught my coworker turning up the volume :xmasssanta:

Okay I am sorry, i will type the words out fully.

I got called a 'goth' before, now that is just rubbish.. i HATE heavy metal and all that kind of shit!

Some people seem to think guns n' roses are a fecking joke,dress-up band like Cinderella

I often get told to shut-up because in fairness, i do go on & on about them. And people are like; 'They spilt up agggess ago, get over it' :(

I get a response such as, "who is in the band now?" so, I fill them in.

Everyone I know of (and maybe it's because I am in the late 30s age bracket) knows of GNR.  I really only get postive feedback.

In fact, I had a coworker in my SUV yesterday as we had to deliver Christmas presents and the whole time, GNR's greatest hits was playing in my CD player.  I caught my coworker turning up the volume :xmasssanta:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats cool, my aunt is in her thirties, and besides my brother, shes the only gn'r fan i know! i think its sad... kids do seem to listen to green day and that because its 'cool'... gn'r are cooler though!

My family thinks it's cool I still love hard rock. My little cousin's say stuff like, 'Oh that man looks like a girl' when they see Axl, but then again they're into the Pussycat Dolls and stuff like that so what would they know? :rolleyes:

Most of my family are into that type of music so it's cool. My friends on the other hand don't even know who they are. A couple of them have never heard of Guns n' Roses :huh: . My best friend likes them but she says U2 is better :angry: .

I often get: Guns N' Roses suck! Or: Yeah they're alright. But when someone says GN'R suck i push them up against a wall and say GN'R don't suck you idiot!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats the spirit!! go u!!

usually its the whole 'jeez they are like really old and fat now..hear listen to my chemical romance or taking back sunday' pfft stupid emos, so i try and "turn them to the dark side" and burn them a cd but they never listen to it :anger:

well it depends on whos asking.

for the emos when they ask me n i say gnr theyre all like "oh my god! thats old corporate fake crap, i like my chemical romance and the used theyre much more talented".

then i laugh my ass off at them and tell them exactly why guns kick the shit out of evey one of those fag bands then they say "well its totally different its all glam rock crap" then i remind them about the november rain estranged shit and tell them how guns can play soft but at least they have talent in it while these assholes today just scream there balls off and whine.

then they shut the fuck up and resort to their last defence.

you know, that "things only count for talent in personal opinions blah blah"

then i punch them in the stomache and tell them to just shut the hell up and accept it.

and they do.

Edited by supersillyspacemonkey