Gn'r - What do people think of your favorite band?

Guest AxlRox

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest swwet_child
newest comment by 2 friends of mine, i showed them Tokyo 92 DVDs:

-Damn, the singer looks sooooo gay!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, that "gay" drives women crazy. :wub:

At first people laughed. But now they are so used to me talking about GN'R or bringing up Axl in some way, that they have slowly stopped taking the piss. Some of them are even being converted...

Ah the beauty of brainwashing.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D COOL!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: It's very satisfying.

My mother couldn't really give a shit about GNR. She prefers Rod Stewart and all those pop singers.

On the opposite, my father likes GNR very much. In fact, he was the one who introduced GNR to me, by playing Civil War real loud once, in a car. He absolutely loves the Illusions and Lies, and likes AFD.

When I say my favorite band, for example, at school, people are like "Who?". Hip hop influence.

Others say "Uh, Nirvan was so much better than those guys". I even had an argument with a friend of mine about which was better, GNR or Nirvana. Of course, I won :D

One of my best friends likes the band, especially AFD and UYI 2. We used to talk about GNR a lot, but not that much anymore, since he told me My Chemical Romance was better than VR. Stupid fucker :fuckyou:

Another one of my best friends didn't know anything about GNR when I told her about them. She had heard some parts of songs, but she didn't like. But I think I converted her, the other day she called me and said "I got a GNR DVD for Xmas, it's great, Axl's voice is awesome, SCOM is great". I got only one task left: make her like guitar solos, especially Slash's :rolleyes: She says she doesn't like electric guitar solos that much, but I'm sure she will change her mind <_<

Mostly, I get response like this:

" :blink:  (silence) ... OK"

Some people react with Greatest Hits:

"November Rain rocks", etc...

And my wife HATES Axl, she says:

"His SCREAM is terrible..."  B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i love that scream :wub:

newest comment by 2 friends of mine, i showed them Tokyo 92 DVDs:

-Damn, the singer looks sooooo gay!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, that "gay" drives women crazy. :wub:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Damn right... gay my ass

At first people laughed. But now they are so used to me talking about GN'R or bringing up Axl in some way, that they have slowly stopped taking the piss. Some of them are even being converted...

Ah the beauty of brainwashing.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D COOL!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: It's very satisfying.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes i promote gn'r brainwashing!!

brilliant work worldwideboss: converting people is the best thing you can do!

Edited by AxlRox

Mostly, I get response like this:

" :blink:  (silence) ... OK"

Some people react with Greatest Hits:

"November Rain rocks", etc...

And my wife HATES Axl, she says:

"His SCREAM is terrible..."  B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i love that scream :wub:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

definitely

try to explain my rib - I had no success until now :rolleyes:

Yes i promote gn'r brainwashing!!

brilliant work worldwideboss: converting people is the best thing you can do!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why thankyou! :) But then again it would boring if everyone liked GN'R? Ah well, let's keep up the good work. B)

i totally agree. i am totally stuck in the 80s, even though i was never really there... i wish i had lived then, wish i had been a teen back then... it sucks now. its either short lived rap hits, which mostly sound the same, or wanna-be rockers who think they're good. i wish i had lived in the time when Gn'R were on top, and touring all the time.. i would have gone to every concert.. but thats it, and Gn'R still rock to me. i drive my best friends crazy talking about them! i love axl soo much. my 2 cents..

Yah i love all the 8o's clothes and everything, i was born in the late 80's so i never got to experience it, i wish my mother made my wear bandanas as a baby! *sigh*

does your wife think axl is good looking redguy?

Me n' my bro love Gn'r and my aunt, and my six year old cousin :huh:

Thats it! :(

yeah..I really wish i had experienced it too(i was in late 80's too so..)...it was a great decade for rock music in Brazil...that´s because RIR was born(85´)... the 80's kick ass!!

hey Axlrox..my lil cousin likes gnr too...I mean..she likes SCOM and slash..any kid like it...

Edited by mila

yeah..I really wish i had experienced it too(i was  in late 80's too so..)...it was a great decade for rock music in Brazil...that´s because RIR was born(85´)... the 80's kick ass!!

hey Axlrox..my lil cousin likes gnr too...I mean..she likes SCOM and slash..any kid like it...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah Mila you wouldve a great time with the rock in rio!!

well my 6 year old cousin, was kind of... brainwashed... by me :ph34r:

i remember when i was about 6 or 7 years old my sister used to make me sing paradise city to her and her friends.........just thought id mention that :wink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Awwwwwww thats soooooooooooooo cute...

Depends on the person.

Examples:

1."Hey cool, How long you been a goth then. ( :anger: ) "

2."Well...I hope you know after AFD was realised....they became shit"

3."Guns and Roses?? Axl Rose?? he was a arse in his time"

4."Hahahahahahhaha i was at one of there concerts before you were even born!!"

5."So you dont like Rod Stuart then??"

6."Awesomeeeee " (then a long convo kicks off about music)

And finally

7."Dont blame me if you become a compleate LA reject..."

That stuff was atually said aswell....

My god, some of the people on this forum need help.

I mean you guys are labelling people who don't like G'nR as "gays" or "hooray for tolerance&#33;y emos"

Seriously dickheads, Gn'R isn't everything, infact they were never much in the first place.

Hey hey, i too was once 14 and 16 and was a Gn'R fanatic, but i have really grown out of them, and i have goen out and found some much better music.

My opinion, deal with it.

my friend got me into gnr but he isnt as fanatic as me so he gets a bit pissed off when i listen to them around him, and my parents and sister get really pissed coz i watch atleast 2 dvds a day and listen to their songs everywhere, and when i tell my friends they say how could i like that shit music because all they listen to is this modern shit like rap, hip hop, rnb and all that other stuff

i totally agree.  i am totally stuck in the 80s, even though i was never really there... i wish i had lived then, wish i had been a teen back then...  it sucks now.  its either short lived rap hits, which mostly sound the same, or wanna-be rockers who think they're good.  i wish i had lived in the time when Gn'R were on top, and touring all the time.. i would have gone to every concert.. but thats it, and Gn'R still rock to me. i drive my best friends crazy talking about them!  i love axl soo much.  my 2 cents..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i fukin agree with you there mate the 80's was the best time to live in and its true about the wannabe rockers like nickleback urgh i hate those wannabies