Dizzy Reed at Cornell

Madagascar88

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but would you rather have VR or Guns N' Fucking Roses?

If you think Gn'R back together in 2006/7/8/9 etc etc would be the same as Gn'R together in 1987 - no way, not a chance in hell.

R.

i know one thing for sure, it would be better then the current line up!, 95 % of the fourm would agree with me.

Building on this, from talking to him at lunch & whatnot... Dizzy had a LOT to say about the former Gunners. Keep in mind these are paraphrases...

You know... all those guys do... I mean, I'm not supposed to tell you this.. it's kind of confidential... but Slash, Duff... all those guys have been offering bigtime for a reunion. [i ask whether he means their agents] Yea... I mean they wouldn't ask our management themselves so they go through their own to contact us about a reunion.

congratulations...... sp/at picked up on this, even has you as the source, another rumor in the making.

It's amazing how Dizzy knows this, and that Slash currently has a drug and drinking problem that's completely out of hand :blink: , but doesn't know anything about his current band. Joke.

For God's sake, it's not that he doesn't know anything. He says they've been working on the album persistantly. He knows what's going on and IS NOT TALKING ABOUT IT. Call it playing dumb (certainly works on most people), call it whatever you want. He's not allowed to talk about when the albums going to be released and any other kind of 'top secret' info surrounding the album and/or band. It's obvious. Do you think he's just going to come out and say: "Oh yea, the album's going to drop on March 31st, followed by a huge tour in these cities on these dates, and we picked up this awesome new guitar player to replace BH...", etc.

DUH

Building on this, from talking to him at lunch & whatnot... Dizzy had a LOT to say about the former Gunners. Keep in mind these are paraphrases...

You know... all those guys do... I mean, I'm not supposed to tell you this.. it's kind of confidential... but Slash, Duff... all those guys have been offering bigtime for a reunion. [i ask whether he means their agents] Yea... I mean they wouldn't ask our management themselves so they go through their own to contact us about a reunion.

congratulations...... sp/at picked up on this, even has you as the source, another rumor in the making.

It's amazing how Dizzy knows this, and that Slash currently has a drug and drinking problem that's completely out of hand :blink: , but doesn't know anything about his current band. Joke.

For God's sake, it's not that he doesn't know anything. He says they've been working on the album persistantly. He knows what's going on and IS NOT TALKING ABOUT IT. Call it playing dumb (certainly works on most people), call it whatever you want. He's not allowed to talk about when the albums going to be released and any other kind of 'top secret' info surrounding the album and/or band. It's obvious. Do you think he's just going to come out and say: "Oh yea, the album's going to drop on March 31st, followed by a huge tour in these cities on these dates, and we picked up this awesome new guitar player to replace BH...", etc.

DUH

Matt, your take is pure speculation, nothing more. Fact is, if these other band members are just "playing dumb" then they've perfected this as a new artform given all of their erroneous predictions in the past. It could very well be Dizzy simply doesn't know as yet when the album will be released. Axl may not even know(have decided) since he only commited to "new music" being heard this year and not the album. Don't think Axl didn't pick his words carefully.

If Dizzy doesn't want to talk on the record, there's many more intelligent ways he could respond, including a no-comment, rather than telling the interviewer and audience they know as much as he does about the release. Face it, we don't know the facts and neither do you, and neither may Dizzy...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

what guns n roses members told me this month, by a gnr fan:

-steven adler is bisexual

-duff,slash and steven want to reform the band

-axl got owned by a car salesman

-chinese democracy is coming in march

-steven adler likes to recieve blowjobs from men

-izzy still talks to axl

-we'll hear music this year

-steven adler likes to suck dick

-dizzy reed knows the same as any gnr fan when comes to chinese democracy release date

-Slash felt bad about one in a million because the n word thing... Steven felt bad about one in a million because the fagget thing.

DUH

Matt, your take is pure speculation, nothing more. Fact is, if these other band members are just "playing dumb" then they've perfected this as a new artform given all of their erroneous predictions in the past. It could very well be Dizzy simply doesn't know as yet when the album will be released. Axl may not even know(have decided) since he only commited to "new music" being heard this year and not the album. Don't think Axl didn't pick his words carefully.

If Dizzy doesn't want to talk on the record, there's many more intelligent ways he could respond, including a no-comment, rather than telling the interviewer and audience they know as much as he does about the release. Face it, we don't know the facts and neither do you, and neither may Dizzy...

"We've actually been doing stuff... we haven't been sittin' around."

My point is, in response to the people that cry about 'he's not even in the loop in his own band' type shit, that's total BS based on the above quote from the interview. That's not speculation, according to Dizzy, "[they've] actually been doing stuff... [they] haven't been sitting around."

He's just as much in the loop as Axl himself based on those comments. Whether or not he's telling the truth over when the album will be released when he says 'I know as much as you do', is total BS! Call it speculation if you want, but my money is on him knowing more than we do. The guy is in GNR, they've 'actually been doing stuff'. He knows PLENTY more than any of us. Do you think what everyone says is sincere all the time? People cordially mislead and 'play along' when asked about things they can't, don't or won't talk about frankly to be nice. Some say 'no comment', others will approach it differently to be cordial.

lucky you :(

Great interview, and thanks for sharing :heart:

What are your views/opinions on Velvet Revolver?

"I think that their t-shirts are cool."

:lol::rofl-lol:

BTW...I hope you got his permision to post that stuff, especially the thing about Slash and Duff wanting a reunion :confused:, like wink said "congratulations...... sp/at picked up on this, even has you as the source, another rumor in the making." You don't wanna get him in any trouble!

Edited by axlrose2

What would you say is the general sound of the album?

"Sound. You know... the thing about it is that there are so many different areas and the other thing is that through time guys have come and gone that as different members of the band- everyone brought 2 or 3 songs such that there are multiple musical genres and situtations. Umm.. it's kind of a smorgasbord.

Smorgasbord? i didnt know Dizzy knew swedish =S

IF this is all true, Dizzy will likely be fired over these comments. The reunion comment should have been kept private, and so should the derogatory remarks toward Slash. Gilby was fired for saying even less, and I cant imagine Axl taking a completely different position on this matter.

I totally agree. boire-lfdpn-005.gif

Axl is the only member in Guns N`Roses!..The rest of those,including Dizzy are just there to do whatever Axl tells them to do..C`mon,Dizzy`s been playing with Axl for 15-16 years and knows as much as we do about Chinese Democracy..

Edited by J.T

Axl is the only member in Guns N`Roses!..The rest of those,including Dizzy are just there to do whatever Axl tells them to do..C`mon,Dizzy`s been playing with Axl for 15-16 years and knows as much as we do about Chinese Democracy..

Does anybody take the time to read posts anymore? Refer to my post on this page just above.

Does anybody take the time to read posts anymore? Refer to my post on this page just above.

If Dizzy has more info you would think that he would give fans a little more information..He`s been saying the same things for years now..

Dizzy doesn´t know shit about the album!..

It's a borrowed word in English. Kind of like buffet. In fact, almost exactly like buffet (means almost the same as smorgasbord, only French).

I thought its origin was German...Are you sure the Swedish language didn't borrow it from German?

Anyway, it was mentioed more of the interview would be posted....was it just added to the first post of the thread? Is that all of it?

-Rob

It's a borrowed word in English. Kind of like buffet. In fact, almost exactly like buffet (means almost the same as smorgasbord, only French).

I thought its origin was German...Are you sure the Swedish language didn't borrow it from German?

Anyway, it was mentioed more of the interview would be posted....was it just added to the first post of the thread? Is that all of it?

-Rob

Haha...No way.....Smörgåsbord is the way it's spelled in Swedish and it's totaly a swedish word!

-Rob

Haha...No way.....Smörgåsbord is the way it's spelled in Swedish and it's totaly a swedish word!

Yep, swedish. no way a word like this is german :D

So yea... possibly the best weekend of my life. Dizzy Reed came to Cornell this past weekend for two nights in order to pledge my fraternity as an honorary brother. He was awesome- took everything really well... hell the guy jammed with a freshman guitar player and ended up doing almost an entire show playing many G'n'R hits. When he wasn't playing- the Dizz-man was just having a good time. Along with spending time to meet fans & college chicks alike, Dizzy made time to sign autographs, appear in countless photographs and interact with music fanatics that treated him like the second-coming of Christ. Dizwald also went to the bars both nights with the guys of the frat and made toasts that made the weekend truly memorable because of how much fun both he and the brothers of the house had. But anyway, admist the chaos, I managed to speak to Dizzy during car rides, lunchbreaks and a 30-minute Q&A. Here are some of his responses.

What is the status on Chinese Democracy?

"I know what you guys know. I'm pretty excited about the fact that it might come out this year. But that's all I know."

(but guys, don't give up because from talking to him over the weekend- there's one thing coming up that gives me reason to believe that the staging for the release is underway)

What is up with Slash giving the release date on CD as March 2006?

"Slash did? Well... he didn't get that information from me. But umm... hey that's exciting."

What are your views/opinions on Velvet Revolver?

"I think that their t-shirts are cool."

What are your thoughts on the Da Vinci Code soundtrack rumor that there will be a G'n'R track on it?

"I don't know anything about it."

Is there a finalized tracklist? I heard that there will be 32 songs of which 26 are complete...?

"Well... I actually thought that there are more... but if Axl says there are 32 then I guess. But what's already in the bank is unbelievable material. There's a lot. There's at least three dozen. There's a shitload of stuff. We've actually been doing stuff... we haven't been sittin' around. There really is a lot of stuff."

What would you say is the general sound of the album?

"Sound. You know... the thing about it is that there are so many different areas and the other thing is that through time guys have come and gone that as different members of the band- everyone brought 2 or 3 songs such that there are multiple musical genres and situtations. Umm.. it's kind of a smorgasbord. Everyone works on it and when Axl sings on it- it's magical. So... there's gonna be a little something for everybody on it. It mixes rock with all that modern... rock elements... to do this."

Do you think the record will appeal to fans? The sound that is.

"You can't please everybody. The quality of the songs goes a long ways. If you can play the song on the piano or just on a lone guitar and it still sounds great- then the song stands out on its own. All the songs are like that so I think the songs will carry the record. You know what? There are probably already a million people who have their minds made up that there gonna hate the album. You know- fuck those people. They probably will buy it... who knows? And I think a lot of people will be pleasantly surprised too. Or you know... maybe noone will buy it- you know? You can't predict the future. It's the tunnel theory of ever-changing things- you never know."

What do you think is the reason for the delay in the album release?

"You know... there is no primary reason... its really a variety of reasons. Umm.. there's just absolutely no one thing. I'm certainly not gonna go say that its all because Axl's a perfectionist or you know... things are just always coming and going... and the other thing is I guess there's never really been a deadline or any pressure. Axl and the rest of us will put the best thing out."

Obviously, Geffen is getting a little impatient... they did release the Greatest Hits album in order to entice you guys to release the album...

"Well... at this point I don't even know... I don't really deal on the business end of things. They'll just have to wait like everybody else."

How long have you actually known Axl Rose?

"Umm... I'm trying to remember... I'd say 20 years... we met in Hollywood when I first moved there and... he just liked the way I played the piano. At the time, in the 80s, most of the keyboard players that were playing at the time were kind of classically-trained and you know... they were good but they would not have fitted in with Guns N' Roses songs. And I think he realized that I would be able to play and add something that would raise the songs."

Apparently... Axl dedicated 'Nightrain' to 'Dizzy and his band' way back in 1986.. was that you?

"Yea... I think they just signed a deal with Live like a suicide and were touring and wanted to add a keyboard player too. And my band- we were doing a little tour then around the southwest and I broke my hand in a car accident... so around that time... because nightrain was my favorite G'n'R song at the time... Axl dedicated the song to me at that concert."

What are your current relations to the other Gunners?

"Uhh... I've only seen Matt recently [because Matt Sorum is apparently the only Gunner who goes out] and Steven when he played with the Starfuckers one night at the Cat Club where I play on Thursdays. Other than that, I haven't talked to anyone else... well, I talked to Izzy a couple years ago- he was at a recording studio playing some of his new stuff."

On Izzy: 'You have to understand that Izzy is one of those people that does whatever he wants. You know... when I joined the band, he sometimes... just didn't show up. Examples include during the recording of the music video for "Don't Cry" and the music video for "You Could Be Mine" at the end in the scene where the band exits the studio and sees Arnold. [we watch the 'You Could be Mine' music video and Dizzy comments... "hey... where's Izzy? o wait... yea, he wasn't there"] Obviously part of the reason that Izzy left might have been the fact that he and Axl didn't get along towards the end... but thats just part of it. I mean... about the Ju Ju Hounds... I have a friend who was the guitarist for that band back in the early 90s and he was always complaining about how Izzy would just not show up for shows. [i comment that Izzy is turning into Axl... which puts a frown on Dizzy's face] And... just as a musician... Izzy used to be a great songwriter- his contribution to Guns N' Roses first album are phenomenal. But, its almost like the guy has lost the fire... I mean I saw the guy a couple years back in the studio... and he was showing me a song he had just written called "Toothpuller" - it was literally about him visiting the dentist and getting a tooth pulled out. [Dizzy then sings some of the lyrics] I mean... this is a guy who wrote some badass songs and now he's writing about getting his tooth pulled... I mean come on... can you imagine Axl singing that live?' [i next ask him about rumors that Izzy had been paying visits to Axl's Malibu mansion over the last few years and had been rejected at the door several times] Yea... he's always doing that- he'd done it a few times actually. [i ask him if its because Izzy wants back in G'n'R] No... I mean I'm not sure... the guy sort of just does his own thing... he did join us back during the Use Your Illusion tour briefly... Gilby had hurt himself and so he stepped in for a couple of dates... I mean, the guy's really weird is the best way to describe it... in '91, we were playing some shows in England... like one day we were having the times of our lives playing a sold-out Wembley and the next day... I talk to Izzy and he's like: "I'm leaving the band" and I'm like "what!?" and he's like: "Dizzy... I'm leaving the band." I personally don't understand him to any extent.

On Steven: 'Wow... what to say about this guy... I just recently played with Steven with the Starfuckers... actually it was both him and C.C. Deville of Poison. It was like this really hyped up concert because here's two big names playing with us... and let me tell you... at the concert... you could hear a pin drop. C.C. DeVille was terrible.. the guy can't play for the life of him... and Steven... he can't even hold a beat anymore let alone play drums. We'd look bad and the guy was literally smoking crack while on stage during the songs. It was possibly the worst concert of my life... I mean... there's only so many times that a guy can die from an overdose and come back alive... both he and Slash have both drug & drinking problems that are completely out of hand. [when asked about Steven hoping for a reunion with G'n'R] You know... all those guys do... I mean, I'm not supposed to say this.. it's kind of confidential... but Slash, Duff... all those guys have been offering bigtime for a reunion. [i ask whether he means their agents] Yea... I mean they wouldn't ask our management themselves so they go through their own to contact us about a reunion.

On Jani Lane of Warrant: 'Let me tell you about Jani Lane... I just recently performed with this guy.. he was at the Raven's Heart benefit show [i think this is the concert he mentioned] And he literally had to be carried on stage because he was so drugged up... he couldn't sing.. like at all... it was like a comic act.. because he was just on stage making a fool of himself.. everyone at the show was laughing and you know... I felt bad for him [when asked about the VH1 show that shows that he's sober] TV's TV man.. the guy's no different now.. that was just for a bit of publicity. I mean he recently calls me on my cell completely fucked up and is like: "MEET ME AT _____ tomorrow!" and I'm like: "wait.. who is this?" and he's like: "what?" and I'm like: "who is this?" and he's like: "ITS JANI" and hangs up... and he actually expects me to talk to his management about playing with him.

On Matt Nelson of Nelson: 'Saw him recently at a concert. He came up to me and was like "hi... I'm Matt Nelson. Was wondering if you knew any keyboardists who might be up for playing with me and my band at ____ [i forget the show name]. And obviously the guy's pointing at asking me if I wanted to play so I talk to him for a while and its literally minutes before I realize that this guys Matt Nelson of the band Nelson 'cause I mean he has like short hair now... and then he starts talking about Axl... he says: "Dizzy... you know- me and Axl are very alike" and Im like... "Really? how...?" and he's like: "I dated Erin Everly right when he was going through their divorce" and I'm like "holy shit... 'cause I didn't even know that. and so of course I couldn't do that to Axl... to play with this guy"'

Who was better for Axl? Erin Everly or Stephanie Seymour?

"You know... this is a degree of privacy and that's his own personal business."

I hear that Axl's still having trouble getting over his breakup with Stephanie Seymour because he perceived her to be perfect for him... is that true?

"I haven't heard him talk about her in quite a while... but it could be true... it's his personal relationship"

about a half done!

FAKE