Dizzy Reed at Cornell

Madagascar88

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF this is all true, Dizzy will likely be fired over these comments. The reunion comment should have been kept private, and so should the derogatory remarks toward Slash. Gilby was fired for saying even less, and I cant imagine Axl taking a completely different position on this matter.

I hope not!!! :unsure:

guys... you have to understand that this is from two sources... one is from a 30-minute interview I did in my room (which I videotaped)... that would be everything before I typed the whole "paraphrasing speel in italics"... everything here Dizzy knew he was doing an interview and therefore I did NOT hold anything back

everything below the italics is a paraphrase because it was just from casual conversations like during the car ride to/from the airport & during when I took him out to lunch (and he applied at Arby's as a cashier!!! lol). These casual conversations included when I talked to him about that "detail" which I'm not gonna open up about... those were private conversations and although he never specified that I should not reveal certain parts of the conversation, I have a sense when certain things he wouldn't want all over the internet. The last thing I want is for the Diz-man to feel incriminated or backstabbed in a way... and if he should so tell me that certain things I'm holding back are OK to reveal to the general G'n'R audience... I'll be posting it the next second.

i hope you guys understand.

Edited by Madagascar88

IF this is all true, Dizzy will likely be fired over these comments. The reunion comment should have been kept private, and so should the derogatory remarks toward Slash. Gilby was fired for saying even less, and I cant imagine Axl taking a completely different position on this matter.

guys... you have to understand that this is from two sources... one is from a 30-minute interview I did in my room (which I videotaped)... that would be everything before I typed the whole "paraphrasing speel in italics"... everything here Dizzy knew he was doing an interview and therefore I did NOT hold anything back

everything below the italics is a paraphrase because it was just from casual conversations like during the car ride to/from the airport & during when I took him out to lunch (and he applied at Arby's as a cashier!!! lol). These casual conversations included when I talked to him about that "detail" which I'm not gonna open up about... those were private conversations and although he never specified that I should not reveal certain parts of the conversation, I have a sense when certain things he wouldn't want all over the internet. The last thing I want is for the Diz-man to feel incriminated or backstabbed in a way... and if he should so tell me that certain things I'm holding back are OK to reveal to the general G'n'R audience... I'll be posting it the next second.

rire-lfdpn-048.gif

rire-lfdpn-048.gif

God, this Ferrari guy really seems like a piece of work. Is this Kanada in disguise? Wait a minute, Kanada is at least intelligent to some extent. Nevermind.

Anyway, Maddy88, good job on this stuff. Sounds like Dizzy knew what he could and couldn't talk about and I'm sure he's not going to get into any trouble over any of this. The whole Slash and Duff have invited a reunion thing is all water under the bridge. Keeping quiet about that only protects the old guys dignity. If anything, sounds like they want to come crawling back knowing VR has already peaked and nothing they can do will surpass Contraband. Not that there's anything wrong with VR, I love 'em, think the music is great. But lets be honest, they're not a huge commercial success and more than likely never will be. They probably only see $$$ in a GNR reunion, not that there's anything wrong with that either. I just don't think Axl wants to do a 'serious' reunion where they actually work together again on albums and what not. It's way too late for that. Too much is invested with the new guys and by all accounts, Axl is devoted to those devoted to him... so it sounds like CD is much more of a group collaboration and not just Axl's solo project stunt-doubling as Guns N' Roses.

There's no reason to apologize about anything either. If people don't undertand that you're a stand-up guy and honor the privacy of a conversation between men, well fuck them. You shouldn't have even mentioned the 'little detail'. In retrospect you probably would have left that out.

At any rate, ignore the un-intelligent blabbering of the likes of Ferrari. All he does is dodge lava flows and peel coconuts all day long down in Hawaii to earn a living. If it weren't for Hawaii's naval importance and general use as an American playground, he would be relagated to tribal incest (which I wouldn't rule out as it is) and at best, communication via notes tied to pigeons feet if Hawaii were not a part of the US, which built the islands modern infrastructure allowing his internet connection, which mommy and daddy pay for anyway.

So, cheers!

Edited by Matt13

Smorgasbord? i didnt know Dizzy knew swedish =S

It's a borrowed word in English. Kind of like buffet. In fact, almost exactly like buffet (means almost the same as smorgasbord, only French).

I thought its origin was German...Are you sure the Swedish language didn't borrow it from German?

Anyway, it was mentioed more of the interview would be posted....was it just added to the first post of the thread? Is that all of it?

-Rob

Haha...No way.....Smörgåsbord is the way it's spelled in Swedish and it's totaly a swedish word!

I have no idea if its a borrowed word or not..just go curious..

rire-lfdpn-048.gif

God, this Ferrari guy really seems like a piece of work. Is this Kanada in disguise? Wait a minute, Kanada is at least intelligent to some extent. Nevermind.

Anyway, Maddy88, good job on this stuff. Sounds like Dizzy knew what he could and couldn't talk about and I'm sure he's not going to get into any trouble over any of this. The whole Slash and Duff have invited a reunion thing is all water under the bridge. Keeping quiet about that only protects the old guys dignity. If anything, sounds like they want to come crawling back knowing VR has already peaked and nothing they can do will surpass Contraband. Not that there's anything wrong with VR, I love 'em, think the music is great. But lets be honest, they're not a huge commercial success and more than likely never will be. They probably only see $$$ in a GNR reunion, not that there's anything wrong with that either. I just don't think Axl wants to do a 'serious' reunion where they actually work together again on albums and what not. It's way too late for that. Too much is invested with the new guys and by all accounts, Axl is devoted to those devoted to him... so it sounds like CD is much more of a group collaboration and not just Axl's solo project stunt-doubling as Guns N' Roses.

There's no reason to apologize about anything either. If people don't undertand that you're a stand-up guy and honor the privacy of a conversation between men, well fuck them. You shouldn't have even mentioned the 'little detail'. In retrospect you probably would have left that out.

At any rate, ignore the un-intelligent blabbering of the likes of Ferrari. All he does is dodge lava flows and peel coconuts all day long down in Hawaii to earn a living. If it weren't for Hawaii's naval importance and general use as an American playground, he would be relagated to tribal incest (which I wouldn't rule out as it is) and at best, communication via notes tied to pigeons feet if Hawaii were not a part of the US, which built the islands modern infrastructure allowing his internet connection, which mommy and daddy pay for anyway.

So, cheers!

Your racism is beyond pathetic.

Sounds cool but I have my doubts - so you had the YCBM video cued up and watched it with Dizzy?

And discussing Axl's women from 15 years ago? Seems bogus.

haha... well... I put up the YCBM video when the video recorder ran out of power briefly... so while were plugging it into the charger, I put on the YCBM video on my computer.

and the discussion on women wasn't much of a discussion. It was more of a I ask the question... Dizzy answers in less than a sentence, end of discussion type of thing.

and umm... about the rest of the interview... I'm gonna take a break.

last thing I want to do is give out info that Dizzy & G'n'R might not've intended for me to even know so... if I'm given the green light in the next few days, I'll post the rest.

in the meantime, I should have pictures up soon- maybe tonight?

Edited by Madagascar88

haha... well... I put up the YCBM video when the video recorder ran out of power briefly... so while were plugging it into the charger, I put on the YCBM video on my computer.

and the discussion on women wasn't much of a discussion. It was more of a I ask the question... Dizzy answers in less than a sentence, end of discussion type of thing.

and umm... about the rest of the interview... I'm gonna take a break.

last thing I want to do is give out info that Dizzy & G'n'R might not've intended for me to even know so... if I'm given the green light in the next few days, I'll post the rest.

in the meantime, I should have pictures up soon- maybe tonight?

divers-lfdpn-167.gif

So, cheers!

Your racism is beyond pathetic.

Absolutely. :fuckyou:

First you accuse Ferrari of unintelligent posts

and then you just had to include your racsist blabber

at the end to spoil your otherwise legitemate reply. :angry:

OT, with respect to Dizzy,

I found it amusing

that he could complain about Izzy's unpredictable behaviour,

yet not acknowledge Axl's similiar or even worse behaviour.

Really cool!! Post the rest when you can!! We're kind of like newshounds here now, we had such a lack of things going on on Planet GNR late last year and now we've just got a news explosion!! Hope to read the rest of the interview soon! keep Posting!! rock1

You know... all those guys do... I mean, I'm not supposed to tell you this.. it's kind of confidential... but Slash, Duff... all those guys have been offering bigtime for a reunion. [i ask whether he means their agents] Yea... I mean they wouldn't ask our management themselves so they go through their own to contact us about a reunion.

Sorry, but I'm calling BS on that. I find it hard to believe that Dizzy would be like, "Ok I barely know you, and this is top secret info that nobody is supposed to know about, and you'll probably go post it all over the 'net afterward, but hey guess what.. Slash and Duff are begging for a reunion!!!"

Gimme a break dude. Post a pic of yourself with Dizzy or you're full of shit.

all right guys... finally got the pictures up after 3 hours of toiling!!!

http://www.psiofzetapsi.org (click on pictures... both the Mr. Dizzy Reed & Spring '06 Chinese Dining are featuring Mr. Reed)

Diz was the fuckin' man - everyone in my fraternity loved him 'cause well... he acts the part of the rock star... and really fitted right in with everybody right away. Hell.. I'm sure he enjoyed too since he said to us "i wish I could live here, man" ... fuck, room 208 is now forever the "Dizzy Reed Suite" for whatever brother lives in it.

I'm the guy who is in the last two pictures of the "Mr. Dizzy Reed" section with Dizzy. I'm also the guy whose dressed up in the Axl outfit in a couple pictures... there's also a close up picture w/ just Dizzy and me in my Axl outfit- its f'n hilarious. When he saw me in it... he had this expression like "is this kid crazy?" lol.

as far as the concert itself, it was a closed-door event, no outsiders other than frat brothers/close friends so... we averaged prob. around 50 people watching at any one point. It was a really fun jam session 'cause Dizzy was playing with one of our pledges- who is the guitar player. Sergey (the pledge) did fairly well on SCOM... but struggled a bit on other tunes being his first time playing with one his heros and all.

Dizzy was wearing an AMAZING guns jacket vintage Dizzy Reed w/ the UYI1/2 logo on the side. I offered to trade him my wilson leather $400 G'n'R jacket which he obviously refused, heh.

over the weekend... Dizzy managed to "kick our asses" in (1) wine stand (15 sec) (2) texas hold 'em.. lucky hands (3) beer pong.. his first time ever (4) foosball and (5) general pimping ... amazing how 20 years of drinking and you can hold your own against frat kids at their prime!? <_<

anyway... to switch the topic a little I'm gonna try my best to ignore the flaming that's going on in HTGTH although it kind of makes me crawl into hole sometimes when reading it. I'm issuing an apology to Lisa/Dizzy tomorrow for ever even posting the interview. As I've said many times... I couldn't care less as to whether some of you jackasses believe my responses or not... the only thing I care about is my reputation/integrity with Dizzy & Lisa. Because most of the second part of my "interview" transcript comes from private conversations between me and Dizzy... I should CERTAINLY have thought about my actions before I pursued them, I would've realized that if I were in his shoes, I wouldn't want those words posted.

I will also now state that the "confidential" paragraph I posted during the second part was a complete exaggeration of the actual lunchtime conversation... it is in no ways true and I was basically trying to get some attention and I apologize to both the fans and to Dizzy for writing that up.

aight well... expect many more sweet pics by tomorrow maybe?

gotta do some work for the summer internship... later all!

-Dennis

Edited by Madagascar88

suck on this you fuckin' assholes!!!!!!!!

in response to my apology email to Dizzy apologizing for my interview...

Subject: Re: Online Interview

Date: Wed, January 25, 2006 6:30 pm

To: "Dennis Shen" <dys6@cornell.edu>

I haven' read it yet but, yes, things like ____________ aren't really good for everyone to know.

Thanks for keeping that off of there. And Lisa reemed

me about _____________!1 Or at least about it being on the

internet. No big deal though, I had her laughing about it after a while. There wil

be enough info. on the internet to satisfy everyone soon enough so let them wait!!

Peace....dizzy.

FUCK YOU HTGTH - I WIN!!!!

by the way... Chinese Democracy anyone from that last statement to me? Remember that "event" i mentioned that I wouldn't tell anyone... that event goes into the first blank... and that first blank resulted in something obviously that would induce Dizzy to write that last sentence rock1

and yea... about me saying that those words about Slash/Duff wanting a reunion is an exaggeration... sorry... that was completely true! (sorry highvoltacedc... I had to retract that lie)... i was doing it just 'cause I thought the Dizwald might be ticked... but o wait... he isnt... so, screw all you doubters.

o... who cares... if you wanna know what I editted out and your an administrator, PM me and I'll forward you the email... well.... minus his addresss that is

Edited by Madagascar88

(sorry highvoltacedc... I had to retract that lie)

If anyone's wondering why I was namedropped - it's because I quoted him after he said he lied. Just clearing it up in case anyone jumps to weird conclusions - like that I asked him to say it was a lie or anything.

;)

Hey frat boy,

No matter your shit is true or not I think you're full of shit. expressions-diverses-lfdpn-046.gif

If Slash and Duff really wanted to come back and asshole Axl didn't agree, I think the guy would deserve to have his redhead cut off. divers-lfdpn-040.gif

Dizzy Reed, you think you are a rock star and a loyal Axl's friend, but since 1991 I've always thought you were an untalented fat bastard. Whether the gross things you said about Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven are true or false, it doesn't matter : that's my judgement about you. :fuckyou:

Edited by Ferrari

and yea... about me saying that those words about Slash/Duff wanting a reunion is an exaggeration... sorry... that was completely true! (sorry highvoltacedc... I had to retract that lie)... i was doing it just 'cause I thought the Dizwald might be ticked... but o wait... he isnt... so, screw all you doubters.

Oh?

And what about the unsubstantiated comments that Slash currently has an out of hand drug problem? Meanwhile he admits to only having seen Matt recently, so his comment is unsupported by first hand knowledge and borders on Slander. Interesting that discussing Axl's ex-girlfriend from 15 years ago is deemed too personal, yet commenting on Slash's "alleged" drug abuse isn't. Yes, very interseting.

Hey frat boy,

No matter your shit is true or not I think you're full of shit. expressions-diverses-lfdpn-046.gif

If Slash and Duff really wanted to come back and asshole Axl didn't agree, I think the guy would deserve to have his redhead cut off. divers-lfdpn-040.gif

Dizzy Reed, you think you are a rock star and a loyal Axl's friend, but since 1991 I've always thought you were an untalented fat bastard. Whether the gross things you said about Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven are true or false, it doesn't matter : that's my judgement about you. :fuckyou:

Bu-fucking-huu! :laugh:

Oh?

And what about the unsubstantiated comments that Slash currently has an out of hand drug problem? Meanwhile he admits to only having seen Matt recently, so his comment is unsupported by first hand knowledge and borders on Slander. Interesting that discussing Axl's ex-girlfriend from 15 years ago is deemed too personal, yet commenting on Slash's "alleged" drug abuse isn't. Yes, very interseting.

that really might have been a bad paraphrase. it was during our conversation about Steven when Dizzy mentioned Slash as having a bad ALCOHOL abuse problem in commenting on how many times people can physically die and come back again. I don't recall Dizzy ever saying Slash had a drug problem.