"Better (Demo/Instrumental)" Discussion Thread

insomniac

i put the program into sonic foundry acid pro audio 4.0 and really zoomd in on the music wave and that part was clearly added in. the radio waves or what ever youd call it doesent match up. but if u cut it out like j.rose did last night it matches perfectly.

awsome!!! that means there is another song to be leaked and it sounds great i love the screams!!1

maybe thats prostitute

so there you have it

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

looking at the instrumental in the same program. now i totally belive the "extra" solo belongs and fits perfectly

Edited by insomniac

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, I think its part of the song. People just face it, the song takes a turn and gets wicked heavy, then it goes back to the original sound at the end. With that said, the song absolutely owns, kicks ass.

Just look at my signature, that says it all people.

Edited by ChineseIRS

Just becausse you can cut it out does not mean it is not part of the song, remember they could have just as easily pasted it in using the same type of music software. I do this all the time, get a lot of little ideas laying around and start pasting them in on other more complete tracks to see what works. in my opinion, in better, it WORKS. You could be right but I'm just saying that this doesn't prove that and I prefer it as is myself.

:krider:

i put the program into sonic foundry acid pro audio 4.0 and really zoomd in on the music wave and that part was clearly added in. the radio waves or what ever youd call it doesent match up. but if u cut it out like j.rose did last night it matches perfectly.

awsome!!! that means there is another song to be leaked and it sounds great i love the screams!!1

maybe thats prostitute

so there you have it

I agree that there might have been a mixture of two songs. The drums sound a little bid different. I don't mean the beat but the sound. The symbols don't match up. the drums too is definetely louder aswell. Which could just be a part of the creativity, but I doubt it. I'm sure someone changed it.

Just listen to the difference in the drum's volume between the regular parts and the weird parts. Its too great of a difference to be of one song alone.

Just listen to the drums at the end of the weird part as it transists into the regular parts as we love it. Its too great of a difference in volume to be of the same song

Edited by abitestranged

Holy crap! I just heard Rocket Queen (4w3$0M3 s0nG btw!!!). Have you guys noticed how the mood changes at the end???!!! The guitars and everything change. MAYBE SOMEBODY PUT THAT BIT IN :o

OH NOES! SOMEBODY TELL AXL!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111sH1fT+1!!!!!!!!!1111

The song flows though, and it hasn't been put right in the middle.

Holy crap! I just heard Rocket Queen (4w3$0M3 s0nG btw!!!). Have you guys noticed how the mood changes at the end???!!! The guitars and everything change. MAYBE SOMEBODY PUT THAT BIT IN :o

I think people listen to more than just the vocals and the guitar parts in a song. In any song, transitions are proportionally consistent in volumes etc. That's the case with Rocket Queen, but not BETTER

:lol:

Seriously though that change was diliberate.

I dunno...

Jesus Christ... This is a rough cut of the song and the mood changes drastically, so what? The middle bit may be in the final version, it may not be. I believe it almost certainly will and even if it isn't, IT IS CLEARLY NOT FROM ANOTHER SONG.

Edited by PurpleHaze

This is my theory about it. The demo could be real. Bands to many different takes of songs, some times if demo tapes of a CD surface, there are 3, 4 or more versions of the same song, untill they get it right. Mabey they added this into the demo of the original song at a later date, the song could still be real, but the middle part was recrded at a different time, mabey even a different studio. That could explain the sound change. Who knows. We will find out when the CD comes out.

Look, its obvious that you could argue both the thing in the middle and when the song goes back into normal are part of the song, and here's why.

If you cut out the section a measure before the weird shit just as buckethead's solo begins up until the song goes back to normal the solo matches up perfectly

It's two different endings to the song

But then, isn't that a weird fucking ending for a song? (the middle part)

I remember Axl said he'd be doing some Queen like arrangments recently, and Queen definately changes it up, listen to We are the champions or Bohemien Rhapsophy.

It's as simple as there were two different endings to Better on the demo tape.

PM for proof