"Better (Demo/Instrumental)" Discussion Thread

insomniac

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds great, I know all the words so I can sing along!

Is it actually illegal to share this one? I mean it aint going to be released!

Gunsguy

Yes, Gunsguy. Yes it is. I very much doubt the demos will be released either.

Try use your common sense once in a while, it won't hurt.

To everyone posting requests: Don't

Again for those of you who missed it... We've recieved wishes from the Gnr management and demands from lawyers so we respect that and our policy is to Not allow any Download Links, Requests, or Lyrics from the leaked tracks until we're told otherwise.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=62166

At first, I thought this song was about a broken relationship with a lady-friend.....

but following the recent press release, I'm more than sure it is about a certain ex-band member. Especially the real angry part......

LA

It sounds great, I know all the words so I can sing along!

Can´t you record a version where you are singing over the instrumental piece and then give it to us? :P

I´d love to hear it!

Edited by Lukin

I don't know if anyone noticed but in the leaked demo of the song Better Bucket was doing many arpeggios.

Which in my opinion along w/ other bucket techniques takes the band to a higher level in terms of technical guitar playing Vs guitar playing which depends mainly on feelings as its driving force which was the trademark of slash playing.

I'm wondering now who can do these solos live in case bucket is out of the band. I hope that he can rejoin the band.

I don't know if anyone noticed but in the leaked demo of the song Better Bucket was doing many arpeggios.

Which in my opinion along w/ other bucket techniques takes the band to a higher level in terms of technical guitar playing Vs guitar playing which depends mainly on feelings as its driving force which was the trademark of slash playing.

I'm wondering now who can do these solos live in case bucket is out of the band. I hope that he can rejoin the band.

He's amazing....I love Bucket's jam in the last few minutes of TWAT....

Yeap,, i agree with you. higher level.. i hope richard can pull it off, because i like robin's playin style, what i don like, its his dist, its sounds like he's using "overdrive" and no "distortion",,, or maybe his "gain level button" its set to 6, when it should be in 11.!!!!! Anyway, i sincerely would love bucket back because or the leaked tracks, the some of the main solos and outros are from bucket...

Yeap,, i agree with you. higher level.. i hope richard can pull it off, because i like robin's playin style, what i don like, its his dist, its sounds like he's using "overdrive" and no "distortion",,, or maybe his "gain level button" its set to 6, when it should be in 11.!!!!! Anyway, i sincerely would love bucket back because or the leaked tracks, the some of the main solos and outros are from bucket...

Well I pretty much doubt it. During the 2002 tour richard was only handling the rythm and a few simple solos and he appeared having a hard time doing so.

Edited by Axl Turilli

"He was also Bucket's guitar teacher wasn't he?"

He was indeed.

Actually my friend had a guitar lesson with him at the International Guitar Festival when Paul came to England - apparently he's a really nice guy.

Edited by Humbucker

Arpeggios are not new to Guns N' Roses, or to most guitar-based bands, for that matter. According to dictionary.com, the definition of an arpeggio is "The sounding of the tones of a chord in rapid succession rather than simultaneously." This is the basis for most guitar solos. Granted, Bucket may be able to do this with more speed and technical proficiency than Slash, but arpeggios in GN'R have been around since Live Like A Suicide.

Arpeggios are not new to Guns N' Roses, or to most guitar-based bands, for that matter. According to dictionary.com, the definition of an arpeggio is "The sounding of the tones of a chord in rapid succession rather than simultaneously." This is the basis for most guitar solos. Granted, Bucket may be able to do this with more speed and technical proficiency than Slash, but arpeggios in GN'R have been around since Live Like A Suicide.

What Buckethead does is more than just arpeggios, it's sweep picked arpegios.. you make one sweep with right hand accross the string like playing a standard appegiated chord in one smooth motion but the left hand plays each note and deadens it immedietely after it has been struck...

like this http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ck6Ri0PqByg&search=paul%20gilbert

Edited by Humbucker

Can u give me examples, pls?